Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 14th September 2012, 14:04   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane

There will be no projectors, He should have seen the headlamp covered with black tape and hence he would have thought projectors. See below pic.
Lol! Why is that all the figos that are being tested sport this yellow?

And , i dont see much of a facelift! Its the indicator that has been shifted from the top of the headlamp to the part near the grille!

Maybe this facelift is like the Ritz diesel's facelift! Only a minor change! Or what if this figo facelift also comes with the 1.6L petrol option just like the Fabia and polo? It would be the hottest hatchback in town!
Old 14th September 2012, 14:30   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992

Lol! Why is that all the figos that are being tested sport this yellow?

And , i dont see much of a facelift! Its the indicator that has been shifted from the top of the headlamp to the part near the grille!

Maybe this facelift is like the Ritz diesel's facelift! Only a minor change! Or what if this figo facelift also comes with the 1.6L petrol option just like the Fabia and polo? It would be the hottest hatchback in town!
Here are the pics to please you. Source: Autocarma, Automotive India

Yeah, you are correct, the headlamps and tail lamps and also changes un the shape of airdam and foglamp holder. Apart from this new Alloys for Titanium. Call it a cosmetic change.

No engine upgrade as big brother Fiesta Hatch is following facelift Figo with 1.5L tdci.
Attached Images

Old 14th September 2012, 14:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Scoop Pics: Ford Figo facelift spotted testing

Please give me rear power windows at least as an option!!!
Nilesh5417 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2012, 17:18   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
Here are the pics to please you. Source: Autocarma, Automotive India

Yeah, you are correct, the headlamps and tail lamps and also changes un the shape of airdam and foglamp holder. Apart from this new Alloys for Titanium. Call it a cosmetic change.

No engine upgrade as big brother Fiesta Hatch is following facelift Figo with 1.5L tdci.
Wow! thanks for the pics!
The Alloys look like that of the Focus' alloys! Here's a picture.
Name:  stAlloyWheels.png
Views: 4361
Size:  282.5 KB

The fiesta hatch that you are talking about was caught testing a couple of years ago. The fiesta hatch would be a direct competition to the Honda Jazz & the Toyota Yaris hatch (it was caught testing in Bangalore).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Please give me rear power windows at least as an option!!!
Damn right! The figo's main let down was manual windows at the rear. For instance, the Liva's and Etios' rear windows roll down only about 65% but even the base models come with power windows at the rear.
Old 14th September 2012, 19:15   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
Damn right! The figo's main let down was manual windows at the rear. For instance, the Liva's and Etios' rear windows roll down only about 65% but even the base models come with power windows at the rear.
Frankly speaking you would never roll down the rear windows. In my 2+ years of using the Figo, I have had to roll down the rear windows may be twice.
As a Figo user I would like the following cosmetic changes:
1) Better headlamps
2) USB input to ICE
3) Headrest for the rear bench
4) Proper height adjustment for the drivers seat
5) Storage space near the rear door
Old 14th September 2012, 19:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow! thanks for the pics!
Attachment 985588
The Focus ST, to be precise.
Old 14th September 2012, 20:01   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk
Frankly speaking you would never roll down the rear windows. In my 2+ years of using the Figo, I have had to roll down the rear windows may be twice.
Yes with the AC on most of the time, we hardly rolldown rear windows.
Quote:
1) Better headlamps
Your wish answered in facelift model, the headlamps has round lens which is will focus better.
Quote:
2) USB input to ICE
Since Nov 2011, zxi and titanium has USB input in glove box.
Quote:
As per test mule pictures, it does not have rear passenger head rest.
Quote:
At present it is there for titanium models.
Quote:
The rear door has speakers and may be they did not find space there.

Last edited by GTO : 15th September 2012 at 14:13. Reason: Typo. Glow box = Glove box
HighOctane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2012, 20:31   #23
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
1) Better headlamps
2) USB input to ICE
ALL your points are definately valid

But
Having rear power windows with windows lock feature (normally present) is a safety measure as it ensure our kiddos cannot raise or lower the windows on their own while we are driving or kids seated in the rear can raise or lower the manual winder windows which dont come with locking feature (normally)

Besides in todays times a manual winder (something that is fixed in the after market for a small sum) is somehow something that is not too classy and would take away some perceived galmour / snob value from any vehicle for many people.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2012, 22:29   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane
At present it is there for titanium
It's there but it's not exactly "proper". The seat height adjustment changes only the *angle* of the seat, does not *raise* it like in other cars. At least that's what I observed when I test drove the Figo soon after launch.
Old 14th September 2012, 22:49   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think the new figo alloys are from the new fiesta.
Old 14th September 2012, 22:51   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM
Having rear power windows with windows lock feature (normally present) is a safety measure as it ensure our kiddos cannot raise or lower the windows on their own while we are driving or kids seated in the rear can raise or lower the manual winder windows which dont come with locking feature (normally)

Besides in todays times a manual winder (something that is fixed in the after market for a small sum) is somehow something that is not too classy and would take away some perceived galmour / snob value from any vehicle for many people.
Agreed your veiws, after paying 7L + we find no power windows at rear which is a part of luxury/sophistication. Looking into customer feedback, they should have added this missing feature. Meanwhile, on safety point, Figo rear windows roll only 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77
It's there but it's not exactly "proper". The seat height adjustment changes only the *angle* of the seat, does not *raise* it like in other cars. At least that's what I observed when I test drove the Figo soon after launch.
Yes, its only angle change in the seat.

Now with the facelift model, Ford may probably may raise the price of Figo and it will defenitely will loose VFM.

Last edited by HighOctane : 14th September 2012 at 22:55.
Old 15th September 2012, 14:11   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post

Couldn't possibly agree more with you ACM. Spot-On!!

Here's how I see it -
Many Customers have actually realized the Use of Safety features such as ABS/Airtbags/EBD, etc and because of this, we see many manufacturers now offering some (if not all) on their Mid variants.
Inspite of this, many customers (may be most) settle in for Variants without these Safety features due to Budget, lack of knowledge/interest, etc.

According to Ford, "Roll Up/Down" Manual windows in the rear, is a "Safety Feature" which IMO is crap.

What I am getting at is, how is it that no other Manufacturer even dares mention this "Safety Feature" in their Lower models ??

Ford, in case you are reading:

1. Improve the Headlight - Which I believe is Done.

2. Just forget Safety and Give Rear Power Windows

3. Work on Ground Clearance - I am not sure if this would affect the handling but as of now, its defenitely affecting Family Getaways.
Old 15th September 2012, 20:14   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
3. Work on Ground Clearance - I am not sure if this would affect the handling but as of now, its defenitely affecting Family Getaways.
As per Mustang101 in other forum, he got information from his colleague that they have worked on the suspension. But I have read that Ford had already worked on suspension during their Figo update in November 2011.

OT: During my 3months of Figo ownership, on family outings, I have scrapped the under body 5-6 times. I get a wiered look from my wife and some times "oh woh" from my parents, as if, I do not know how to drive on road humps.

Tip: I found that when we brake fully before the road hump and if the front wheels roll on the hump slowly & free from braking will not scarp Figo's the under body with passengers in the rear bench.
Old 17th September 2012, 11:55   #29
BHPian

Some more pics. in the Fiesta Blue color . It looks like Figo will wear the family look . In this color it looks quite similar to Fiesta .
Source : ******************
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop Pics: Ford Figo facelift spotted testing-fordfigofacelift1.jpeg  

Scoop Pics: Ford Figo facelift spotted testing-fordfigofacelift3.jpeg  

Scoop Pics: Ford Figo facelift spotted testing-fordfigofacelift4.jpeg  

Scoop Pics: Ford Figo facelift spotted testing-fordfigofacelift5.jpeg  

Scoop Pics: Ford Figo facelift spotted testing-fordfigofacelift6.jpeg  

Scoop Pics: Ford Figo facelift spotted testing-fordfigofacelift7.jpeg  

fz_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2012, 17:06   #30
BHPian

Default Re: Scoop Pics: Ford Figo facelift caught Unmasked!

Caught an Unmasked Figo Facelift this morning near the MEP Toll on the Sion Panvel Highway. New Front Bumper, Headlights, Tailights, alloys and a new color is what seems to be the changes. It was a Titanium Model.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop Pics: Ford Figo facelift spotted testing-figo1.jpg  

Scoop Pics: Ford Figo facelift spotted testing-figo2.jpg  

Scoop Pics: Ford Figo facelift spotted testing-figo3.jpg  

Scoop Pics: Ford Figo facelift spotted testing-figo4.jpg  

mohandasnikhil is offline   (15) Thanks
Closed Thread