Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 13th August 2013, 18:19   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Mercedes B-Class launched @ 21.49 Lakhs : Official Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCarma View Post
I'm considering an entry level luxury badge with diesel engine. B class appeared (relatively) more value for money than A class considering this may be used for our frequent day and/ or weekend drives with family (wife, teenage kids and father - all 5'9" to 6'). In addition to seating 3 in the rear, B class has larger baggage space. I'm looking for inputs or pointers to objective reviews/ feedback (like team-bhp) which can help me make a decision. Considering activity on this thread on B class as one indication of interest - this vehicle obviously has'nt gotten enough attention. Should I be looking at other vehicles instead? I hear BMW is soon coming up with 1 series.
For the family requirement you mentioned, the B-Class looks to be a good option. The 1-series is coming to India soon, and I find it a better package compared to the A-Class. Space is good for its class, but not as good as the B. Another point I noticed recently Ė the B-Class looks much better in real compared to the pictures. Probably itís not as photogenic as the A

Alternate options: If you are considering the B-Class, itís worth looking at the BMW X1 or the upcoming Audi Q3 S
vb-san is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 20:06   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
For the family requirement you mentioned, the B-Class looks to be a good option. The 1-series is coming to India soon, and I find it a better package compared to the A-Class. Space is good for its class, but not as good as the B. Another point I noticed recently Ė the B-Class looks much better in real compared to the pictures. Probably itís not as photogenic as the A

Alternate options: If you are considering the B-Class, itís worth looking at the BMW X1 or the upcoming Audi Q3 S
Thanks vb-san for your suggestions. Yeah some may not just be photogenic - so I'll take an actual look at the showroom. Guess in Bangalore we have Akshaya motors and TVS - any experiences to suggest a customer friendly dealer? I also heard inputs that B class is "not bad looking" from my son just now, apparently he's seen one actually - and that's quite a compliment in my assessment.

BMW X1 - I must admit was not high on my list for 2 reasons. One, backseat I guess can't take 3 people due to high tunnel. Secondly, I thought the price is way too high - somewhere near 38 lakhs OTR after they upgraded the models recently.

Audi Q3 S is a great option. I'd be very tempted to consider this one - but I'm not sure if it'll be priced in my range which is close to 30 lakhs OTR! Also, I'm looking for an Automatic transmission so that I share long drives with my better-half and I heard it's got only manual.

Having gotten used to a Honda CRV for last 6+ years, I definitely have a preference to "higher road clearance" vehicles a.k.a. SUV's. I have also seen the advantage/ benefit of an all-wheel drive (like quattro) in hilly, slippery roads and the confidence it gives to driver. But I guess That's asking for too much in my budget range!
HiCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2014, 11:51   #78
BHPian

I had gone to my Mercedes dealership in Delhi yesterday to pick up some documents. My SA informed me that Mercedes has quietly introduced the MY2014 B Class in India with the following changes:

1. Revised Alloy Design
2. Armrest with cup holders for the rear seat.
3. Rear View Camera as standard equipment.

The revised alloys are on the lines of the one found on the C Class - Edition C.
The armrest and the Rear View Camera are the most welcome changes.

The price hike is about Rs.60,000.
I saw the petrol model and not the diesel one as the dealer didnt have it on display.

I dont have the pictures with me, but can request the dealer to send them to me.

Trust the above is helpful.

Rohan

MODS: If this is not the appropriate thread, please shift the post accordingly. Thanks.
RohanDheman is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2014, 13:24   #79
BHPian

Arrow Mercedes B-Class Edition 1 launched @ 28.75 lakh.

Mercedes-Benz has launched B-Class Edition 1 at INR 28.75 lakh.

Name:  PicsArt_1403596341359.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  156.1 KB

Quote:
Called B-Class Edition 1, only 100 units of this model will be available, all powered with a diesel engine. The car differentiates itself from the rest of the range with the help of a new decal that is to be found along the side skirt, black wing mirrors finished in gloss and new 17-inch alloys featuring a new design.
Mercedes-Benz India has also raised the ground clearance of the B-Class Edition 1 and fitted the car with 205-section Yokohama tyres. Inside, the brand has fitted the rear centre armrest with two cup holders. The highlight, though, comes in the form of the new entertainment package that includes two LCD screens for the rear occupants.
Apart from the raised ground clearance, the B-Class Edition 1 remains the same as before when it comes to the diesel engine and the drive-train. The car is now on sale with prices starting at Rs 28.75 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai).
Source:: Carwale

Last edited by KING DYSP : 24th June 2014 at 13:25.
KING DYSP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote