Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 27th February 2014, 14:50   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Two test cars in this photo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Is it just me, or did anyone else notice that there seems to be another test car in this spy photo? It's on the other side of the road, heading in the opposite direction, with camouflage on the front portion. The styling looks very "fluidic" to me!

Is it the Hyundai Elantra facelift?

Attachment 1212802
I'm less certain if it's a camouflage. Elantra just made a debut in the market by that time. I suspect it is the same one.
fz_rider is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2014, 15:19   #17
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Two test cars in this photo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
I'm less certain if it's a camouflage. Elantra just made a debut in the market by that time. I suspect it is the same one.
Oops, my bad! I thought this was a new post - I did not observe the date on the original post in the excitement of seeing a car from a new brand.

Yes, you're correct, fz_rider! If one goes by the date the photo was taken, then it has to be the original Elantra testing. If this photo was taken this year (which it is not), then it could have been the Elantra facelift which has been launched in its home market of South Korea recently.

My apologies to everyone for missing the date of the OP and for suggesting it is the Elantra facelift.

Last edited by RSR : 27th February 2014 at 15:26.
RSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2014, 18:48   #18
BHPian

Default Re: Spied : Citroen C4 Picasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Found this Citroen (not sure about the model though) parked in a apartment near Urapakkam bridge (near Vandalur)

Attachment 1212768

Pardon me for the poor quality snaps. Taken with my iPhone
I think the car is undergoing benchmark testing by one of the chennai based manufacturers and we have many of them in the vicinity of Urapakkam.

Off all the companies I suspect Mahindra as their facility is near urapakkam is dedicated for product development (Mahindra research valley) and they are the ones who would be keen to learn from these imported models (I've heard that they do such testing)
pacman2881 is offline   Reply With Quote