Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 28th March 2015, 05:22   #166
Senior - BHPian

Default re: The Renault Lodgy

received a message from Renault Kochi, inviting to visit them to see and book the Lodgy. Not sure if a demo vehicle is available there.
Old 28th March 2015, 12:42   #167
Team-BHP Support

Dealers have started accept bookings for the Lodgy. The booking amount has been pegged at Rs. 50,000.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Last edited by Aditya : 28th March 2015 at 18:57.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2015, 13:51   #168
BHPian

So far, none of the media houses have covered the Stepway version.

I need a hardy machine.. so stepway is interesting to me.

From what you can find on the net, it has scuff plates, additional bumper treatment and higher ground clearance.

Can anyone shed some additional light on it?

Last edited by acidkill : 28th March 2015 at 13:57.
Old 28th March 2015, 15:28   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
So far, none of the media houses have covered the Stepway version.

I need a hardy machine.. so stepway is interesting to me.

From what you can find on the net, it has scuff plates, additional bumper treatment and higher ground clearance.

Can anyone shed some additional light on it?
Previously it was said the Stepway will launch together with standard version. But the current news is that Stepway will NOT be launched in April. The top spec will only be the RxZ version at launch. Stepway is reserved for later during this year.

You've got a long wait if you're keen on the Stepway version.
Old 29th March 2015, 23:18   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
This is disaster waiting to happen on our roads given that the Lodgy has longest wheelbase in its class! Hope someone proves me wrong. I can only imagine what a disaster a fully loaded Lodgy with 176mm and class leading wheelbase is!!! There's no speedbreaker it can cross without a scrape. Oh dear!
The GC should have been more given its longest wheelbase in the category. The Innova hardly ever scrapes even when fully loaded. The reason being the 176 mm GC is from the lowest point of the underbody, which I believe is the differential. Since the differential is mounted at the Centre of the rear axle it moves up and down along with the wheels. Other parts of the Innova underbody are well above this level.

Hope Renault engineers have taken into consideration Indian road conditions while designing the Lodgy's underbody and GC otherwise this can become a serious design flaw. This becomes all the more crirical as the Lodgy is a people mover and most of the times likely to be fully loaded
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2015, 23:22   #171
Senior - BHPian

Saw two Lodgys at the Renault Kochi, Vytilla showroom yesterday. Both were 110 PS versions with six forward gears. The demo car sticker-ing work was going on, on one of them.

The major USP is the captain seats for the second row on the top variant. In addition to the fold and tumble facility, the 50:50 split third row seats, have the user removable provision to liberate added luggage space. The second row seats are quite comfortable, though they do not have the needed for and aft sliding.

the Lodgy is definitely going to hit the Mobilio hard and scare the Ertiga.

Last edited by rajeev k : 29th March 2015 at 23:30.
rajeev k is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 00:58   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
The GC should have been more given its longest wheelbase in the category. The Innova hardly ever scrapes even when fully loaded. The reason being the 176 mm GC is from the lowest point of the underbody, which I believe is the differential. Since the differential is mounted at the Centre of the rear axle it moves up and down along with the wheels. Other parts of the Innova underbody are well above this level.

Hope Renault engineers have taken into consideration Indian road conditions while designing the Lodgy's underbody and GC otherwise this can become a serious design flaw. This becomes all the more crirical as the Lodgy is a people mover and most of the times likely to be fully loaded
Yes, I voiced out my concerns in another review forum who did the media drive. They say 174mm although not being much was perfectly fine to take potholes with 5 people on board. They have even tried it on mild off road track to confirm. The taut suspension seems to have taken care of it. I hope they're right.
Old 30th March 2015, 08:56   #173
Senior - BHPian

I am attaching some pages of the Lodgy brochure. The GC is not mentioned anywhere in this.
The Renault Lodgy-1.jpg The Renault Lodgy-2.jpg
The Renault Lodgy-3.jpg The Renault Lodgy-4.jpg
The Renault Lodgy-5.jpg

Last edited by rajeev k : 30th March 2015 at 08:57.
rajeev k is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 02:11   #174
BHPian

Just to put more spin on the gc concerns

I wonder why a stepway version should even exist for india? What does it say about the regular version?
Old 31st March 2015, 10:40   #175
Senior - BHPian

What is the stepway version please?
Old 31st March 2015, 12:01   #176
Senior - BHPian

Renault Lodgy likely to be launched in top trim only.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ly-394172.aspx

Not sure why Renault want to do like this. It's a bad move in my opinion. It will keep lot many buyers away initially as cost will be high. It can impact sales in long term. People will think it as a costly affair compared to cars like Ertiga.

"Renault is all set to launch the Lodgy MPV in mid-April but according to Renault dealers the French automaker will offer only the top variants at launch. However, the Lodgy will be launched with two power outputs – the 84bhp and the 108.5bhp versions of the 1.5 litre K9K diesel motor and both will get just the fully loaded trim in seven and eight seat configurations.

Features on this trim include touchscreen infotainment system with sat nav, aux-in, USB and Bluetooth, height-adjustable driver’s seat, electrically-adjustable wing mirrors, rear parking sensors, reversing camera, power sockets and AC vents for all three rows. Also standard on the top variant are features like cruise control, dual front airbags, ABS with EBD and brake assist, height-adjustable front seatbelts, front fog lamps, rear wiper, washer and defogger. Cosmetic elements include alloy wheels and leather upholstery in the cabin.

By launching the Lodgy in the top trim initially, it’s clear that Renault wants to initially position the MPV as an upmarket family car. Lower variants will follow later, but at the time of launch the company clearly wants to establish this car as a premium product for private owners rather than a people mover for commercial application."

Last edited by aniketi : 31st March 2015 at 12:05.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 12:22   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Renault Lodgy likely to be launched in top trim only.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ly-394172.aspx

Not sure why Renault want to do like this. It's a bad move in my opinion.
I think it can be a good move if they price it correctly. It's success or failure will depend on how much value for money will it be.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 21:59   #178
Senior - BHPian

Launching only the top variant initially is a right move. Renault has reason too, for the same. Lodgy's rivals, Ertiga and Mobilio doesn't have captain seats for the second row in any variant and the Lodgy will definitely look business class.

It will not be a wonder, if Ertiga and Mobilio introduce such an option pretty soon.

Last edited by rajeev k : 1st April 2015 at 22:01.
Old 1st April 2015, 22:12   #179
Senior - BHPian

I think this is not a good idea. Most people decide to check out the vehicle after looking at the price. Many then manage to create the additional budget for higher variants. To quote an example, I still hear in office that Ecosport starts at 5L Rs!
rohanjf is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 10:26   #180
BHPian

Lodgy test drives at one of the dealer in Bangalore is starting from coming Saturday. Booked a test drive for early morning. Pretty enthusiastic SE I must say. He says, that 84PS would be between 8-10Lacs and 110PS between 10-12 on road in Bangalore. I have my doubt over that. Waiting for pricing.
Closed Thread