Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 15th October 2012, 17:32   #16
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Ford Figo Facelift Launched @ 3.85 Lacs

That is one hot yellow hatch!

Somehow, though they are not conventionally beautiful, Ford's creations are pleasing on the eye. This one is particularly nice-looking (am not a big fan of the current Fiesta's looks) and that blue dashboard does work.

Is there any particular advantage to having steering column mounted ICE controls? From the pic, it looks like a very awkward place to reach when driving. You will probably need to get your right hand off the wheel for every volume change.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 17:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Very nice color indeed and i think the exterior updates will carry the new colors well, I see some very nice colors options as well

Good going Ford!

Last edited by GTO : 16th October 2012 at 12:53. Reason: Please PROOF-READ your posts before submitting. Too many spelling & grammar errors.
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 17:48   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Is there any particular advantage to having steering column mounted ICE controls? From the pic, it looks like a very awkward place to reach when driving. You will probably need to get your right hand off the wheel for every volume change.
They can reuse the same steering instead of redesigning a new one. They just have to change the column design and stick on this piece.

Many people think that this will be awkward but once you get familiar with this position it's a breeze. Infact I prefer this position as there is no way of accidental press by your fingers, palm. On my Altis driver and myself both end up clicking when turning.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 17:55   #19
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Scoop Pics: Ford Figo facelift spotted testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
Does this show that Ford understands that Indian Market is price sensitive?
I just hope Ecosport lives up to its budget Crossover image with a killer pricing.
I believe with the failure of Fiesta due to pricing they are careful now. This indicates that EcoSport will hopefully be priced reasonably.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 17:59   #20
BHPian

I love the yellow, but for some reason the plastics in the figo look quite sad. But the biggest disappointment - where are the rear power windows ford?? where?? :(

cheers!
sai_ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 18:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

It is surprising that ford launched the facelift of its most successful hatch - FIGO one day prior to the date which was first announced. Anyways, the facelift does not have any great exterior changes and IMO the sporty looks of the previous generation have been toned down and now it looks more like a family hatch. The interiors look better in the blue texture.

The facelift will continue to bring above average sales numbers for the FORD stable.
dZired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 18:04   #22
BHPian

One of the interior pictures shows the same window roll down mechanism in the rear seats.

It should have been addressed by Ford. A miss, is it?
deepfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 18:09   #23
BHPian

Thanks for sharing this Parry.

The new headlights with large reflectors should really solve the problem that all of us Figo owners have been complaining about. But with functionality comes a compromise to looks , so I am better off with the old design. Blue interiors are a neutral change in my opinion and should please most people.

Any update on what kind of engine calibration has been done? If its more of an ECU update, then that's something that old owners could use as well.

I would like to go for the installation of the stereo controls if owners give positive feedback and A.S.S doesnt charge a bomb for it.
supertinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 18:13   #24
BHPian

Thank you Parry for the insightful post.
These two items caught my attention:

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
  • Improved engine calibration for better acceleration.
  • 'Double bulb weather strips' (rubber around the doors) help keep the NVH levels in the cabin on the lower side.
Any idea if ...

1. The old Figos can get an ECU update (for this better acceleration)? Or is there something else also involved.?

2. The double bulb strips make a noticeable difference to NVH levels (compared to the old) and if so, can they be installed on the old Figo?

Thanks in advance,
musa
Musa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 18:19   #25
Team-BHP Support

So what they've done is taken a VFM product and given it a little facelift.

I was just as surprised as the new look Figo's face when viewed head on. Surprised because Ford did not take this opportunity to hike the prices considerably even though they so easily could have. Good on you, Ford! The competition is going to get hotter in the months to come, but this will still be the best VFM buy, when you consider the overall package.

Except for a stiff ride and dated engine-options, it's still the best small diesel car to buy today. The way it's appointed on the inside and the space (the boot especially is big!) it has to offer is staggering. It feels so much more for so much less, when you compare it to cars like the Swift and the i20 that I think are frankly quite overpriced for what they have to offer in terms of bang-for-buck.

P.S. For the record, I prefer the old Figo's face to this. The new one well, like I said earlier, looks surprised!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 15th October 2012 at 18:20.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 18:25   #26
BHPian

Great move by ford.
The facelift was long due.

It's good to see figo coming in more colors.
Yellow seems to be pleasing.

The alloys look sporty too.
The pricing is attractive though.

Thanks for sharing.!
palash987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 18:27   #27
BHPian

Looks good....maybe contemporary than the outgoing one but definitely not futuristic.

That probably makes Figo the second Indian hatch to be available in yellow, other being the Nano(as far as I can recollect). The yellow Alto and the Palio are extinct .
However, I don't think I would see many yellow Figos here in Kolkata as they could be mistaken for a yellow cab.

Food for thought for taxiwalas though, they could replace their Ambys for the yellow Figo diesel.

So is that horrible maroon dash been made obsolete? The all black one still looks better than this blue. Hope they keep this blue(though better than the maroon) as optional and the black standard.

Last edited by saion666 : 15th October 2012 at 18:41. Reason: further inputs
saion666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 18:35   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Ford keeps trying these new colour themes for the dash and it looks it has paid off. The blue looks sweet. Welcome change from the hideous clay colour and thank god they didn't go the beige way.
I agree on the beige as well. Mine is the red dashboard, I opted for this option 2.5years back as I wanted to break the monotone of the black dash. I was always of the opinion that the black dash on the figo was too textured and shiny

The new blue looks in fact good. Would like to see it in person. Also i feel the headlight protrudes when seen from the side unlike the earlier version where it swept with the body design. I guess it is just me.

External color options looks interesting. I am particularly keen to see the blue and black in flesh.

Last edited by sumathindra : 15th October 2012 at 18:58. Reason: edits
sumathindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 18:38   #29
BHPian

Liked the new yellow color and the new face. The rear looks same to me.

But rear power windows are still missing? Come on Ford.. :o
Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 19:30   #30
BHPian

Ford Figo Variants & Prices (ex-Delhi):

Petrol:

1.2L Duratec LXI: Rs 3,84,999
1.2L Duratec EXI: Rs 4,22,999
1.2L Duratec ZXI: Rs 4,52,999
1.2L Duratec Titanium: 5,01,999

Diesel: