Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2008, 15:51   #136
BHPian
 
midlifecrisis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 121
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

San Storm???? I didn't even HEAR of this car. When was it launched? Just checked out San Motors' website. The car seems okay. Why did it flop?
midlifecrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 16:48   #137
BHPian
 
amitpunjani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 451
Thanked: 101 Times
Default

Hi

Quite surprisingly nobody mentioned about Safari Petrol.


Amit
amitpunjani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2008, 21:04   #138
Senior - BHPian
 
svsantosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hosur
Posts: 3,309
Thanked: 1,388 Times
Default good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Hi

Quite surprisingly nobody mentioned about Safari Petrol.


Amit
yeah, many missed that one. Surprising
svsantosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2008, 21:38   #139
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Technocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mid West
Posts: 14,896
Thanked: 2,477 Times
Default

I guess not many realize that there was or is a Safari Petrol
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2008, 02:17   #140
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,941
Thanked: 16,608 Times
Default

I think Ford Fusion can also be added to the list now, as the diesels also havent made an impact!

What about Getz CRDi? Is it selling well? Havent had a glimpse of it, even in showrooms here!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 18th June 2008 at 02:18.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2008, 12:34   #141
Senior - BHPian
 
AMATMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore\GOA
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

fusion cannot be considered a failure because for that price they are selling far more than expected compared to SRV
there are a lot of these you can spot in bangalore

now you cannot expect them to sell as much as getz or aveo

because of the price the car targets a totally different market,so failure is a wrong word,also lets face it that entire segment is a failure

and its great that fusion is selling at that very high price even with the ford badge on it which is not as special as skoda in india
AMATMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2008, 12:39   #142
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,264
Thanked: 1,233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I think Ford Fusion can also be added to the list now, as the diesels also havent made an impact!

What about Getz CRDi? Is it selling well? Havent had a glimpse of it, even in showrooms here!
Well, my neighbour bought one for Rs 6.4 lacs OTR. I have seen a few on the roads too. But I guess most customers must be getting swayed away to the Swift Vdi that is around 50K cheaper, or the Verna diesel that is 2 lacs costlier.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2008, 19:20   #143
Senior - BHPian
 
AMATMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore\GOA
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I think Ford Fusion can also be added to the list now, as the diesels also havent made an impact!

What about Getz CRDi? Is it selling well? Havent had a glimpse of it, even in showrooms here!
are you talking only about the diesel fusion or fusion in general?
AMATMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2008, 20:33   #144
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,941
Thanked: 16,608 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
are you talking only about the diesel fusion or fusion in general?
Its a very rare sight here in the south. Thats why the question. (Fiesta is way too common though!)
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2008, 21:40   #145
BHPian
 
nemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 167
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

what about the Gypsy? I'm not sure if they have sold many outside the armed forces.
nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 00:19   #146
BHPian
 
Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: MegaBHPian* at Hyderabad
Posts: 252
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Its a very rare sight here in the south. Thats why the question. (Fiesta is way too common though!)
I have researched a bit and 30 fusions roll out each month in Hyderabad - not a bad number!
Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 10:27   #147
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 333
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Hi

Quite surprisingly nobody mentioned about Safari Petrol.


Amit
Its mentioned in the very first post of the thread.
Car-Agey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 10:46   #148
Distinguished - BHPian
 
FlyingSpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,937
Thanked: 1,331 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
May I add the Zen AX and WagonR AX.
A certain moderator will not be too happy with that. It was his life for quite some time
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 15:01   #149
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 109
Thanked: Once
Default ZEN Carbon

Hey guys we completely forgot Zen Carbon, the two door version of Zen.
I still like the looks of it. I think Maruti launched it way too early in the Indian market.

A two door hatch with sporty Red and Black Interiors and controls with alloys and all that would normally appeal to the young professional who would be looking to spend his money flamboyantly and buy something stylish and chic like the carbon but the problem was during those days (1999-2000) how many young professionals had the money to afford and maintain a Car ? Most people who earned enough moolah would be married and planning for Kids already and they would look for something more practical, the four door Zen that is. Today the IT, BPO and its dependent sectors have churned out so many young and rich professionals that by the age of 28 we see quite a few of them owning cars and even apartments and it is they who would have splurged their money on a Carbon. Today if relaunched Zen Carbon can sell in good numbers. But who is listening...

Last edited by Pani : 19th June 2008 at 15:05.
Pani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 15:34   #150
BHPian
 
iceman7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 704
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pani View Post
Hey guys we completely forgot Zen Carbon, the two door version of Zen.
I still like the looks of it. I think Maruti launched it way too early in the Indian market.

A two door hatch with sporty Red and Black Interiors and controls with alloys and all that would normally appeal to the young professional who would be looking to spend his money flamboyantly and buy something stylish and chic like the carbon but the problem was during those days (1999-2000) how many young professionals had the money to afford and maintain a Car ? Most people who earned enough moolah would be married and planning for Kids already and they would look for something more practical, the four door Zen that is. Today the IT, BPO and its dependent sectors have churned out so many young and rich professionals that by the age of 28 we see quite a few of them owning cars and even apartments and it is they who would have splurged their money on a Carbon. Today if relaunched Zen Carbon can sell in good numbers. But who is listening...
I had a Carbon 2 years back. It came in 2 models. the black one was called carbon and the silver one was called steel. Since the carbon had 2 doors less i think it made it very light. That thing used to just zip zap and zoom. It returned some very respectable mileage numbers too.

Unfortunately i had to let it go. but if i can get one today, that would be the only car i would trade ma Palio for.

Cheers
iceman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FIP Flop trammway 4x4 Technical 113 6th July 2017 20:11
The "FLOP SHOW" is over R.I.P Jaspal Bhatti adg_andy Shifting gears 38 2nd February 2013 23:32
Flip Flop between Bajaj Auto & Renault Nissan on small car RemingtonSteele The Indian Car Scene 6 16th July 2011 11:19
Converting bio-fuel Cars to Hybrid Cars: T-Bhpians contribution to save our planet. 2500cc The Indian Car Scene 0 14th December 2010 21:00
Acura accepts RL is a sales flop amit The International Automotive Scene 8 9th March 2006 06:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:07.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks