Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 27th June 2008, 11:27   #181
Team-BHP Support

I wish the Vectra was launched today, IMO it was launched way early for the market.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 14:44   #182
BHPian

I feel the Vectra was launched too early in the market. At that time, the price at which it was launched for way too high, even for the InfoTech fellows.

Thiyags
thiyags22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 18:24   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I wish the Vectra was launched today, IMO it was launched way early for the market.
i Agree, a modified relaunch may work well in the B and C class cities.
Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 18:24   #184
nbr
BHPian

[quote=thiyags22;882715]I feel the Vectra was launched too early in the market. At that time, the price at which it was launched for way too high, even for the InfoTech fellows.

quote]

Vectra if launched again will definitely have takers. The looks are way ahead than most D-segemnt cars even today.
nbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2008, 09:28   #185
Senior - BHPian

i had taken a TD of the vectra and the accord then. first it was the turn of the accord and i came out very impressed. but when i sat in the vectra, it just blew me off. the solid build and the german feel of the car was oh-so-nice! the huge list of electronics, the cosy ride quality and the super silent engine still rocks! wish the engine had a bit more performance to boast and the interiors should have been more jazzy or stylish. but still i loved the interiors. the seats were supremely comfortable and the dash was "different and functional to the core". i just love that car man.
also, many has cribbed about its styling but i still prefer its styling over the present gen accord. it looks terrific.

a bit of OT: a technician from GM told me that GM is planning to reintroduce the opel brand in india and come up with the latest corsa soon. i wish it happens!
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 20:07   #186
BHPian

Can the Sumo Grande be considered as a Flop?
D.V.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 20:48   #187
Senior - BHPian

looking at its present sales, its certainy on the lower side, but i dont think its a flop!
Old 4th August 2008, 21:12   #188
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
looking at its present sales, its certainy on the lower side, but i dont think its a flop!
Poor sales means..its a Flop..right?

I saw one on the Roads in Coimbatore so far, But it had a KL registeration.

Last edited by agbenny : 4th August 2008 at 21:13.
agbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 21:19   #189
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i had taken a TD of the vectra and the accord then. first it was the turn of the accord and i came out very impressed. but when i sat in the vectra, it just blew me off. the solid build and the german feel of the car was oh-so-nice! the huge list of electronics, the cosy ride quality and the super silent engine still rocks! wish the engine had a bit more performance to boast and the interiors should have been more jazzy or stylish. but still i loved the interiors. the seats were supremely comfortable and the dash was "different and functional to the core". i just love that car man.
also, many has cribbed about its styling but i still prefer its styling over the present gen accord. it looks terrific.

a bit of OT: a technician from GM told me that GM is planning to reintroduce the opel brand in india and come up with the latest corsa soon. i wish it happens!
Open Vectra (was on the Indian roads for quite a few months) was the best appealing car to me ever. I wish if I can own even a preowned.

I do not think Opel would reintroduced, as I think the plants are converted for Chevy products.
agbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 07:12   #190
Senior - BHPian

yes, the sales are very poor, but not negligible like the opel vectra. i heard the vectra sold only 14 units in 2 years! ask me, the grande is almost a flop, but i think not many would agree on this.

keeping fingers crossed that GM re-introduces opel in india...
Old 5th August 2008, 13:34   #191
BHPian

Ambassador Nova was not a flop. It sold in good numbers.

I think it is too early to call Sumo Grande a flop. I am beginning to see the vehicle more frequently since last fortnight.
simplyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 13:37   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Poor sales means..its a Flop..right?
I saw one on the Roads in Coimbatore so far, But it had a KL registeration.
I don't think so. Of late I have been seeing quite a few Grandes on Bangalore roads.
mshooli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 14:10   #193
BHPian

Default grande TD

my cousin took a test drive in the sumo grande-and said that it moves also complained that its CG(centre of gravity) is not correct! i was like what. well i better believe him because he's in honda UK as a senior Test driver. he said overall the ride quality is mediocre-was not happy with it-rated 3/10.
paddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 14:13   #194
BHPian

Sumo Grande has started apearing on Delhi roads. I have seen 4 of them so far.

Well it looks impressive. Dont know why it is not selling? May be it will take time to establish itself.
Car-Agey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 10:55   #195
BHPian

Even Rhinos started appearing on roads in the south. I havent driven one so far but I have seen the interiors but was not impressed. Dont know the fate of the vehicle in the north where it was launched earlier.
simplyself is offline   Reply With Quote