Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 15th April 2013, 21:22   #256
Senior - BHPian

I am desperately looking for an automatic with decent technology (that is, no hydraulic torque converter) and that which is sold in Europe (because I feel that such cars are safer than the rest). I am looking forward to this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Does a polo TSI also hint at a Fabia TSI on cards? Now that would be a killer !
Interior space and power !
Who knows? Skoda being the lesser premium brand, Fabia could come with 6 MT. That would have a much lesser price, and justify the premiumness of Polo.

Last edited by rohanjf : 15th April 2013 at 21:25.
Old 15th April 2013, 22:00   #257
BHPian

Default Re: Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15

I don't think pricing would be a problem as the filmsy Swift ZDI is selling like hot cakes for 8 Lakh rupees OTR. Then why can't Volkswagen with marvelous German engineering? Anyway the 1.2 TSI would be a killer if launched in India at any price point.
Old 15th April 2013, 22:14   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagust View Post
I was not aware of this impending launch, my bad. Booked Amaze AT last week . What would be the suggestion from my fellow BHPians , TSI with 7 speed
DSG would be one of the best ATs when this is launched and my heart says to cancel Amaze and go for this one. My requirement is pretty simple , AT around 9 lacs and Japan/European manufacturer and Amaze fitted well for this.
Keep the amaze booking for as long as you can. The polo is definitely going to be much better for the enthusiast in you. But doesn't come with great space and the a.s.s. will never match honda. So test drive the current polo and barring the performance, see if you are willing to live with its faults. If you are, then get ready for it it is no rumor and I highly doubt that the launch will be delayed
Old 15th April 2013, 22:21   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post

Actually day to day run wont be more , cost and maintenance wise no issues even if I do once a month long trip, my no.1 criteria of buying vento was the torquey engine but I love polo looks more than vento or rather I love hot hatches more than sedans. And if everyone agrees that polo tsi with dsg would be more engaging and fun than a diesel motor and with ultra low inside nvh and a comfort of an AT - and yes a red colour then why not!! I will try to add body kit good system and white led with projectors - should be mouth watering ...correct me if I m wrong
The fun quotient will really depend on your preferences. Some prefer a torquey diesel while for others it maybe a smooth and powerful petrol (I belong to the latter group). And if reports are to be believed, this version will come with some sporty styling bits.
Old 15th April 2013, 22:35   #260
BHPian

Default Re: Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
The fun quotient will really depend on your preferences. Some prefer a torquey diesel while for others it maybe a smooth and powerful petrol (I belong to the latter group). And if reports are to be believed, this version will come with some sporty styling bits.
I think that's the beauty of turbo petrols.

You get a smooth and powerful petrol without loosing out much on that addictive low end torque.
Old 15th April 2013, 22:35   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post

Keep the amaze booking for as long as you can. The polo is definitely going to be much better for the enthusiast in you. But doesn't come with great space and the a.s.s. will never match honda. So test drive the current polo and barring the performance, see if you are willing to live with its faults. If you are, then get ready for it it is no rumor and I highly doubt that the launch will be delayed
I'm fine with the space as long as it can seat 2 in the back comfortably. Also it should be a 1 year/15k kms service period if I'm not wrong. Any idea on the pricing, I could see sites mentioning anywhere between 7.5 to 9 lacs on road.
Old 15th April 2013, 23:11   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys thank you so much ! I m going to goodbye vento tdi hl and go with polo tsi dsg
Wise choice to make by picking up an AT. Given Mumbai driving conditions AT makes more sense these days compared to manuals. After driving Vento TDi HL manual for 2 years, really thinking of changing over to an AT.

After the launch what say we head out for a TD to KSM Motors which now has changed over to AutoBahn Motors.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 23:43   #263
BHPian

Sure I m game lets meet on this holy occasion
Old 16th April 2013, 09:07   #264
BHPian

The launch is on April 25 http://www.autocarindia.com/News/339...-april-25.aspx

Look forward to the review from BHPians

Cheers,
Old 16th April 2013, 13:50   #265
BHPian

Guys some news - and this is really confusing! I got news that polo tsi would be launched only in comfort line model and it won't have DSG but the regular trip tonic (the one on vento automatic) gear box. I saw the pics as well. Interiors otherwise are exactly same like other polos , same black beige, same new alloys, airbags abs etc. it will sport the GTI logo however on the front grill and right side behind the rear windows. I didn't see any special body kit either. I have pics on phone but now using iPad to post this, will try to upload few pics later. I asked then will the highline sport dsg they say not sure but this is billed to them as comfortline and they will display on 24th and no other car is being sent.

Now please tell me is the regular automatic good enuf for my decision to skip vento tdi HL which has 250nm torque compared to 175 nm on the tsi (with regular automatic gearbox), the only other grouse I would have with polo is the absence of arm rest! Please pour out your open opinions... Thanks all
Old 16th April 2013, 14:15   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Now please tell me is the regular automatic good enuf for my decision to skip vento tdi HL which has 250nm torque compared to 175 nm on the tsi (with regular automatic gearbox),
If TSI is coming with regular gearbox, then its also good since the gearbox is less complex compared to DSG hence won't be too much expensive to fix if any problem occurs, rather it will be less problem prone.

About the torque, petrol engines produce less torque compared to diesel engines and considering that characteristic, torque in 1.2 TSI is still more than enough. Petrol engines are high revving, but better in gear acceleration is their forte.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 16th April 2013 at 14:16.
Old 16th April 2013, 14:18   #267
Team-BHP Support

Can the old AT gear box handle the increased torque of the 1.2 TSI ?
If they are launching, looks like it is able to handle.

Last edited by ampere : 16th April 2013 at 14:20.
Old 16th April 2013, 14:28   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Guys some news - and this is really confusing! I got news that polo tsi would be launched only in comfort line model and it won't have DSG but the regular trip tonic (the one on vento automatic) gear box. I saw the pics as well. Interiors otherwise are exactly same like other polos , same black beige, same new alloys, airbags abs etc. it will sport the GTI logo however on the front grill and right side behind the rear windows. I didn't see any special body kit either. I have pics on phone but now using iPad to post this, will try to upload few pics later. I asked then will the highline sport dsg they say not sure but this is billed to them as comfortline and they will display on 24th and no other car is being sent.

Now please tell me is the regular automatic good enuf for my decision to skip vento tdi HL which has 250nm torque compared to 175 nm on the tsi (with regular automatic gearbox), the only other grouse I would have with polo is the absence of arm rest! Please pour out your open opinions... Thanks all
The comfortline doesn't come with alloy wheels, ABS, airbags. If it does have those, how come its comfortline then? Don't know about the AT box though.
Old 16th April 2013, 14:31   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post

The comfortline doesn't come with alloy wheels, ABS, airbags. If it does have those, how come its comfortline then? Don't know about the AT box though.
Thats my concern as well ! I argued over 5 full minutes and he said thats how the car is being billed as comfortline. I told him that means a highline should have dsg and white console display ragher than red. He doesnt know and said wait till 24th
Old 16th April 2013, 14:39   #270
BHPian

Now can someone looking at that gear lever tell if its dsg or regular auto ? I ve my doubts whether that person understands the differences between a regular and dsg box (just bcoz it doesnt have paddle shifts)

Name:  IMG20130416WA0003_1.jpg
Views: 1743
Size:  168.3 KB

Name:  IMG20130416WA0000_1.jpg
Views: 1291
Size:  70.2 KB
Closed Thread