Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 22nd February 2013, 15:13   #91
BHPian

Default Re: Spotted: Isuzus Undergoing Testing. EDIT : MU-7 SUV & D-Max Pickup launched

wanderernomad : Think it has to do with the import duty. The 2x4 is coming in as a good carrier, 10% duty only. The 4x4 will be a passenger vehicle. That's what I think.

More here : http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/d...u-7-suv-67963/

Proton : Will only take one phone call for you to get your answers, mate...
Isuzu Contact : Kireetie 9704703004 / Pavan 9885004004 / Jhabakh Auto 040 23601144
G_AmbyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2013, 15:32   #92
BHPian

Default Re: Spotted: Isuzus Undergoing Testing. EDIT : MU-7 SUV & D-Max Pickup launched

From what I read Airbags and ABS is standard on D-max pickups but AC is not. Well it does make sense in pickup segments where you dont want your driver to call in all his pals so that they can chit-chat in AC cabin. But it does assure their safety. This is a first in India and I hope all pickups start coming with ABS atleast.

Private buyers like me will shell that much extra and buy the AC and alloys and other goodies as per personal taste. Win-Win.
tazmaan is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2013, 09:07   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_AmbyMad View Post
wanderernomad : Think it has to do with the import duty. The 2x4 is coming in as a good carrier, 10% duty only. The 4x4 will be a passenger vehicle. That's what I think.

More here : http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/d...u-7-suv-67963/

Proton : Will only take one phone call for you to get your answers, mate...
Isuzu Contact : Kireetie 9704703004 / Pavan 9885004004 / Jhabakh Auto 040 23601144
Contacted Kireetie. Matter under email discussion. Thanks for the contact info. Itching to keep up with the Jones's. Neighbour has a Ford Ranger! With roll bars. Grrr!

Go one up on him by adding a couple Honda CFL 250 enduros when HMSIL finally launches. Counting chickens much?

Last edited by proton : 23rd February 2013 at 09:21. Reason: spelling
proton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2013, 09:40   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by proton View Post
Pay 51k booking amount, test DMax for a week, serve tea to market research-san, collect new white, double cab, DMax on March 15, pay balance and drive home.

If that is the understanding, I'll cancel my Duster booking and pony up the cash for the DMax. Anybody can confirm by visiting the showroom?

Got all the details mailed to me from Mahavir @ Hyderabad, a Mr. Pavan Galada, am attaching them to this response.
It was my understanding that if booked today, a vehicle could only be delivered in 8 months time - because they already had several bookings. Did I misunderstand what he said?
Or rather did you get some different information from the dealer?

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Specification Dmax Crew Cab.pdf (126.9 KB, 512 views)
File Type: pdf Brochure.pdf (575.9 KB, 452 views)
Anghammarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2013, 11:53   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anghammarad View Post
Got all the details mailed to me from Mahavir @ Hyderabad, a Mr. Pavan Galada, am attaching them to this response.
It was my understanding that if booked today, a vehicle could only be delivered in 8 months time - because they already had several bookings. Did I misunderstand what he said?
Or rather did you get some different information from the dealer?

Thanks
Not different. I suggested they give me the vehicle within 3 months, given that it is a CBU. The same 8 months I was informed about seems unreasonable, given that there is no manufacturing or assembly involved in India, just a straight import.

I'm ready to make the entire payment on assurance of a 3 month delivery. Yet to receive a response.
Old 24th February 2013, 11:55   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by proton View Post
Not different. I suggested they give me the vehicle within 3 months, given that it is a CBU. The same 8 months I was informed about seems unreasonable, given that there is no manufacturing or assembly involved in India, just a straight import.

I'm ready to make the entire payment on assurance of a 3 month delivery. Yet to receive a response.
I would like to TD the vehicle first before a commitment if it came to that. But do let me know how that pans out?
ASS is another concern though no? Or
Anghammarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2013, 12:07   #97
BHPian

I know it's an Isuzu, they're rock solid etc etc, but I'd wait awhile

Good luck, Proton. Do let us know how it all pans out.
G_AmbyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 09:26   #98
BHPian

Isuzu has opened up its new showroom in Coimbatore on Trichy road. Made a quick trip yesterday and here are my first impressions on the MU7.
Its huge and it looks huge too. However, the car looks overpriced atleast by about 10 lakhs. The sales person tried to justify the price by saying its totally imported from 'Thailand'. The on-road price quoted for Coimbatore was 27 lakhs.
The dash board lay out is pretty basic for such an expensive car, especially the ac control knobs and the instrument console. The ICE HU and the roof mounted LCD display look like after market fitments. Last row seats you almost on the floor.
Such a huge engine (3.0 L) churning out a mere 163 bhp and 360 Nm of torque at this price range is baffling.

The D-max was there too. The sales guy said the pick up cannot be registered as a private vehicle. I dont know if this was his lack of knowledge or some temporary glitch with the local RTO.

Last edited by SCORPION : 27th February 2013 at 09:31. Reason: Left out the price quoted.
SCORPION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 22:24   #99
Senior - BHPian

Anyone has any idea about Isuzu's long term plans in India, particularly their dealership roll out plan? Right now they have dealers only in Hyderabad and Coimbatore. When are they going national? They don't seem to have even an India dedicated website. Any info on their plans will be helpful. I am not the one who will jump at a new launch right away but when it's Isuzu it's different. I have ridden them in Bhutan where there were no roads and the vehicles were amazing. Just waiting for their proper launch here in India.

Last edited by Sudipto-S-Team : 18th March 2013 at 22:27.
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2013, 09:23   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Anyone has any idea about Isuzu's long term plans in India, particularly their dealership roll out plan? Right now they have dealers only in Hyderabad and Coimbatore. When are they going national? They don't seem to have even an India dedicated website. Any info on their plans will be helpful. I am not the one who will jump at a new launch right away but when it's Isuzu it's different. I have ridden them in Bhutan where there were no roads and the vehicles were amazing. Just waiting for their proper launch here in India.
http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bus...sh_839136.html

Plant in AP, till then may contract manufacture with HM or GM...
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2013, 09:49   #101
Senior - BHPian

Thanks StarScream for the link. It will be a disaster if they hook up with HM. They have an uncanny knack of ruining good brands in India.
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2013, 17:16   #102
BHPian

I have a question. If Isuzu were to manufacture in India after their plant is up and running, does that mean the price of the SUV will go down by 50%, considering there will be no CBU duty? If I were to buy it today for 25 lacs and if a new one costs only 12 lacs in say 3 years, what would happen to my resale?
veyron_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2013, 17:36   #103
Senior - BHPian

That truck could last ever and ever.The Dmax is pretty popular in Thailand,in other words it is the Maruti of Thailand.They are known to be even more reliable than the toyota's.I had a chance to drive one of those in Pattaya.The truck sounds a bit crude than the D-4Ds,but it serves its purpose.My heart was set on it and finally its coming to India.Kudos Isuzu.The ones in the pic is the older generation model,and in my opinion the best looking one.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 19th March 2013 at 17:44.
rakesh_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2013, 09:07   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
I have a question. If Isuzu were to manufacture in India after their plant is up and running, does that mean the price of the SUV will go down by 50%, considering there will be no CBU duty? If I were to buy it today for 25 lacs and if a new one costs only 12 lacs in say 3 years, what would happen to my resale?
Isuzu will never manufacture the SUV version. Same reason Fortuner will always be a CBU/SKD.

Last edited by proton : 20th March 2013 at 09:14. Reason: added text
Old 5th April 2013, 11:11   #105
BHPian

Is it possible to buy the Dmax crew cab in Mumbai? Is it launched in Mumbai? Is there a 4 x 4 ?
tazmaan is online now   Reply With Quote