Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 3rd May 2006, 14:04   #16
Senior - BHPian
Arrow Size Of Fusion

Originally Posted by 5u3zEr0
I think I read in Autocar that Ford is now trying to reduce the length and lower the engine capacity to be within the latest excise norms to reduce the price of the Fusion.
The 18mm is the most talked about subejct in Ford India today. The fusion is 18 mm longer than the regulation length for it quality for excise reductions and to qualify into the small car bracket. They are likely to alter the bumper/front configiguration to reduce the length, throw in a diesel engine, the one fiesta has, and introduce it at around 6.5 to 7 lac. This is the buzz from inside ford. At that price Fusion Diesel will be tempting offer.

The Fusion is now being discounted by as much as 150K, that too the Fusion plus with the bells and whistles on. On the road it would be around 6.5/-, a very tempting offer for those who like the car. After the discoults, the sales, reportedly has picked up. Ford is also doing a user survey as to why the fusion and endy are not selling as mucha s they want... hope they'd drop the price more and kick up the add spends.

ramkya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2006, 09:16   #17

Imagine Ford India localising the 1.4 diesel for Fusion/Fiesta.
And it becomes a formidable small car player.
dsmatharu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2006, 20:06   #18
Default its on

the producton is very much on. in fact i had written mails to ford asking the same question and they replied back saying they have no plans of stopping the production.
netarchie is offline   Reply With Quote