Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 13th June 2013, 12:53   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!

As per the recent teaser indianautosblog feel this is how the production version of the Terrano will look like;

Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!-nissanterrano1024x682.jpg

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2013/06/n...n-render-81542
karan561 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 10:29   #152
SRK
Senior - BHPian

The exterior looks much more edgier and sharper than Renault's version. Don't know if they would actually make changes to the sheet metal of the doors, its shown in their sketch though.

Now just need to wait and watch and see if Nissan prices it right.
By the way, the new upcoming face lift version of the Renault Duster looks great too and a bit more modern.
SRK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 11:24   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
The exterior looks much more edgier and sharper than Renault's version. Don't know if they would actually make changes to the sheet metal of the doors, its shown in their sketch though.

Now just need to wait and watch and see if Nissan prices it right.
By the way, the new upcoming face lift version of the Renault Duster looks great too and a bit more modern.
Could you please link SRK?
I seem to have missed this news completely. If given the choice between a proven duster which has been facelifted and a new better looking Renault version, I'd probably go with the former.
Old 15th June 2013, 10:48   #154
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Could you please link SRK?
I seem to have missed this news completely. If given the choice between a proven duster which has been facelifted and a new better looking Renault version, I'd probably go with the former.
The face lift version based on the DCross concept could be showcased in September at the Frankfurt show.

This might help: http://indianautosblog.com/2013/05/d...rt-debut-78425
SRK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2013, 16:06   #155
Team-BHP Support

Diwali seems a little soon, doesn't it?

It's about time the test-mules are caught on camera. But where are they? I don't remember seeing pictures of the Pulse / Scala test mules before they were launched. Have I missed it? The Pulse was displayed @ the Auto Expo and that's the first time anyone saw it, I believe.

Going by the Sunny-Scala & Micra-Pulse exercises, I'm assuming the interior will be a carry-forward. Let's hope they tweak it a bit. I can't expect the sheet-metal to be different, but I'm hoping for an improved interior w/r/t general plastic quality.
Old 16th June 2013, 16:57   #156
Senior - BHPian

Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
It's about time the test-mules are caught on camera. But where are they? I don't remember seeing pictures of the Pulse / Scala test mules before they were launched. Have I missed it?
Since this vehicle and the duster will be the same mechanically (engine, suspension etc.) they are not likely to have too many test vehicles. I think they may have to just get the CMVR certifications all over again (may be they can skip many of those too).

I too hope that they really spruce up the interiors or get completely new looking interiors.
pjbiju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2013, 10:54   #157
BHPian

If wishes were horses...

In my belief, the Duster has proved to be a really great sedan-killer in India. If only Nissan could add a few more inches in length and add a third row (even if they were proper jump seats), I would think they will have a great SUV-killer on their hands which will not cannibalize the Duster or vice versa.

What do you guys think? I know it is next to impossible that Nissan will do that though :(
Old 19th June 2013, 09:29   #158
Senior - BHPian

Another rendering of the same on Zigwheels:

http://www.zigwheels.com/upcoming-la...terrano/16602/
Old 19th June 2013, 10:42   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananth_iy View Post
If wishes were horses...

In my belief, the Duster has proved to be a really great sedan-killer in India. If only Nissan could add a few more inches in length and add a third row (even if they were proper jump seats), I would think they will have a great SUV-killer on their hands which will not cannibalize the Duster or vice versa.

What do you guys think? I know it is next to impossible that Nissan will do that though :(
Even I wish the same. Stretching a body is not a very difficult thing, especially when they are already retooling the doors etc. Tata has been doing it even when the volume is low (for the stretch version).
Nissan Terrano with 5+2 seats configuration, priced at around 16 lakhs onroad can be a huge success.
Old 20th June 2013, 11:17   #160
Senior - BHPian

Motorbeam have reported a scoop:

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/nissan...rs-8-90-lakhs/

Scoop – Nissan Terrano Price To Start At Rs. 8.90 Lakhs.
Old 20th June 2013, 11:20   #161
BHPian

Motorbeam has scooped the official pricing and all details regarding engine options and variants of Terrano:

Quote:
Nissan will launch the Terrano SUV in October and we have got the price for you. The Japanese automaker will price the Nissan Terrano starting at Rs. 8.90 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi). The Terrano will be offered with a 1.5-litre diesel engine only and no petrol powered Terrano will be launched. Nissan has seen the poor demand for the petrol Duster and has decided not to bring a petrol powered Terrano.

Nissan will use the tagline “As solid as you” for the Terrano. The company will offer all variants of the Terrano with driver side airbag as standard, something which it does on its other cars as well. The Nissan Terrano will be offered in four variants which are XL, XL (O), XV and XV premium. The 1.5-litre diesel engine produces 85 PS of power and 200 Nm of torque, mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. This engine gives the Terrano an ARAI mileage of 20.5 km/l.
Following is the studio shot of Terrano (which is different from the sketch released):
Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!-2014nissanterrano.jpg

Source: http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/nissan...rs-8-90-lakhs/
sarthakgupta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2013, 11:34   #162
BHPian

Compact SUV segment is getting interesting. Terrano seems to look much better than Duster. Hope Hyundai is keeping a close watch on these developments.
Old 20th June 2013, 11:48   #163
Senior - BHPian

Now thats weird.....why would Nissan limit the engine options to only the 85PS one when they want to create a premium offering vis a vis Duster?

The terrano looks good though.....better front end than Duster

Last edited by himanshugoswami : 20th June 2013 at 11:50.
Old 20th June 2013, 11:50   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post
Following is the studio shot of Terrano (which is different from the sketch released):
That's no scoop/studio image. It's a render made by the folks at Portuguese(?) automotive forum Montagens Automotivas(Mount Automotive). Here's the original pic, as well as the pic of the Dacia Duster used for reference.

http://montagensautomotivas.blogspot...ter.html#links

Name:  Nissan Duster.png
Views: 12757
Size:  244.4 KB
Name:  dacia_duster.jpg
Views: 2814
Size:  44.6 KB

Rest assured, these two pics floating around the internet definitely show the true story.

Name:  Nissandustercompactsuvfrontphoto.jpg
Views: 2721
Size:  117.9 KBName:  NissansVersionofDusterRear.jpg
Views: 2391
Size:  28.1 KB

Last edited by AyAn! : 20th June 2013 at 11:53.
AyAn! is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2013, 11:56   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Rest assured, these two pics floating around the internet definitely show the true story.
My friend working in their tech center confirmed that final version looks like this
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread