Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: What's your upper limit before switching to another model?
<1 Month. I won't wait 152 41.87%
1 - 2 Months 152 41.87%
3 - 4 Months 42 11.57%
5 - 6 Months 9 2.48%
6 - 12 Months 3 0.83%
Over a Year. I'm really patient 5 1.38%
Voters: 363. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11th March 2017, 00:24   #91
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Delivery waiting period : How much can you handle?

[quote=ashwin49;4161269Having spent quite some time in the US, I often wonder why the cars in US were cheaper than Indian versions and there was also never a waiting time, you go to a showroom and drive away. .[/QUOTE]

One big difference between Europe and the US; In the USA all cars at the dealers lot will be fully loaded. Every available option will be installed. The only difference will be the colour. In Europe people like their car individualised, so they will order a basic version with a number of options. Everybody wants different options. Every car owner in Europe wants to feel unique.

The Americans take a much more pragmatic/functional approach to cars. You need a car and you better make it as convenient and luxurious as the manufacturer allows it.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2017, 01:18   #92
BHPian

Default Re: Delivery waiting period : How much can you handle?

If possible I would not even wait for a day either.

Given the marketing principles adopted by the Car dealers such as,

a) Prices and taxes at the time of delivery shall be applicable.
b) Pass on all commercial risks to the consumer, and et-al.

Considering the uncontrolled inflations and the attitude of our Governments who just love to alter commercial policies, introduce new taxes, and modify regimes perpetually, I would rather pick up my car right now at a known cost than wait for a longer time and risk the eventuality of paying up higher costs to buy the same car and for no fault of mine.

Did I forget to mention that by having a very long wait period I may end up buying a face lifted / updated model at higher retail price but with stripped features.

Last edited by King_pin09 : 11th March 2017 at 01:23.
King_pin09 is offline   Reply With Quote