Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: What's your upper limit before switching to another model?
<1 Month. I won't wait 181 43.41%
1 - 2 Months 171 41.01%
3 - 4 Months 45 10.79%
5 - 6 Months 12 2.88%
6 - 12 Months 3 0.72%
Over a Year. I'm really patient 5 1.20%
Voters: 417. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11th March 2017, 00:24   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Delivery waiting period : How much can you handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin49 View Post
Having spent quite some time in the US, I often wonder why the cars in US were cheaper than Indian versions and there was also never a waiting time, you go to a showroom and drive away. .
One big difference between Europe and the US; In the USA all cars at the dealers lot will be fully loaded. Every available option will be installed. The only difference will be the colour. In Europe people like their car individualised, so they will order a basic version with a number of options. Everybody wants different options. Every car owner in Europe wants to feel unique.

The Americans take a much more pragmatic/functional approach to cars. You need a car and you better make it as convenient and luxurious as the manufacturer allows it.

Jeroen

Last edited by SDP : 15th March 2018 at 09:05. Reason: Fixing broken quote tag
Jeroen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2017, 01:18   #92
BHPian

If possible I would not even wait for a day either.

Given the marketing principles adopted by the Car dealers such as,

a) Prices and taxes at the time of delivery shall be applicable.
b) Pass on all commercial risks to the consumer, and et-al.

Considering the uncontrolled inflations and the attitude of our Governments who just love to alter commercial policies, introduce new taxes, and modify regimes perpetually, I would rather pick up my car right now at a known cost than wait for a longer time and risk the eventuality of paying up higher costs to buy the same car and for no fault of mine.

Did I forget to mention that by having a very long wait period I may end up buying a face lifted / updated model at higher retail price but with stripped features.

Last edited by King_pin09 : 11th March 2017 at 01:23.
King_pin09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2018, 13:39   #93
BHPian

Voted for 1-2 months.

I waited for MS Vitara Brezza for four months.

Booking date: 19/05/2017
Delivery date: 17/09/2017

Last edited by SJM1214 : 14th March 2018 at 13:48. Reason: Posted some part of the post in the appropriate thread.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2018, 15:42   #94
BHPian

I have a renewed take on this. While I used to be the impatient lot who would prefer driving the car out of the dealers lot the day I decide to buy a car, the current day horror stories of dealers taking customers for a ride has changed my mind. I don't want to buy a car that has been sitting in the dealers lot more than a week. I would rather pay, wait for it to be shipped from the factory and get it delivered, over all 2 - 4 weeks time depending on various factors. While not 100% bullet proof, this gives me the illusion of dealer not having too much of an opportunity to take me for a ride - like using my car for test drives, showroom displays and other shady practices.
SR-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2018, 01:10   #95
Senior - BHPian

I don't want to vote on this thread. Ideally, I would not like to wait to get my hands on a new car. However, this doesn't always work out. So, to answer the question - how much waiting period can you handle? The answer is 4 months, since I have had to wait this long to get my car last time, and I handled it pretty well I will probably set a new (longer) threshold with the next one.
StarrySky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2018, 07:59   #96
BHPian

Ideally I would not want to wait.But if you have a waiting period,it also means the car you are purchasing is selling quite well and thats a positive assurance.

The waiting period of my purchases :
Swift - 6 months
SX4 - 3 weeks
Compass - 6 weeks(and still waiting)
joy_swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2018, 10:17   #97
BHPian

I am willing to wait for any where between 2-3 weeks,but if its more than that time then i kind of start loosing interest in the car. Deciding on the car itself after reading a lot on TeamBHP will consume good amount of time after this the waiting starts.

Accent (2001) -- 3 weeks
Santro (2007) -- 1 Week
Scross (2016) -- 1 Week
zaveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2018, 12:58   #98
BHPian

I voted for less than a month, as an enthusiast to be frank even that is too much i feel.
I hate to wait once I have decided on a particular car from your head and heart, after doing the extensive research from the various sources. I believe its natural human tendency of getting impatient when you are very passionate and want to get your hands on as soon as possible.
sridhar24 is offline   Reply With Quote