Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 5th September 2013, 12:01   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post

I am talking about Polo GT TDI 1.6 MT, not crosspolo. This looks exactly like normal Polo.
Could you be a bit more clear as to what you meant? I'm lost in what context you meant this would arrive soon in weeks.
Old 5th September 2013, 12:07   #167
Senior - BHPian

Default re: VW Polo 1.6L GT TDI coming EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
I am talking about Polo GT TDI 1.6 MT, not crosspolo. This looks exactly like normal Polo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
Could you be a bit more clear as to what you meant? I'm lost in what context you meant this would arrive soon in weeks.
radek says that GT TDI 1.6 MT (normal one) is expected in next few weeks
Cross polo 1.2 MT is already out

I am talking about Cross Polo 1.6, which may come out next year. Pics on previous thread with spare on tailgate.
Thank me for all the confusion
Old 5th September 2013, 12:09   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The 1.5 TDI Polo is expected in 2014.

The more upmarket Cross Polo with a bootlid mounted spare wheel and a 1.5-liter diesel engine could be launched next year. This 1.5-liter 4-cylinder unit would essentially be the Vento’s 1.6-liter with a shorter stroke length.

Cheers!
Looks similar to the Ecosport with the spare wheel at the back. However, definitely looking forward to this next year. The current Polo is putting me off only with the 1.2L engine.
Old 5th September 2013, 12:40   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post

radek says that GT TDI 1.6 MT (normal one) is expected in next few weeks
Cross polo 1.2 MT is already out

I am talking about Cross Polo 1.6, which may come out next year. Pics on previous thread with spare on tailgate.
Thank me for all the confusion
Whoot whoot polo 1.6 tdi arriving soon!!! Don't mind the confusion but if the 1.6 tdi is arriving soon that will be quite a party for most auto lovers. Hope radek's info turns out to be true. I'm just wondering how did he get that info? Called up a VW showroom and they were confused when I said polo and 1.6 in the same sentence :P ...
Old 5th September 2013, 13:52   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Hope radek's info turns out to be true. I'm just wondering how did he get that info? Called up a VW showroom and they were confused when I said polo and 1.6 in the same sentence :P ...
My information is 100% accurate. Dealers may not be aware of this yet. I think from next week most of or atleast key dealers should be aware of this.

Like GT TSI, this will also have limited production quota. So initially not all dealers will get stock. Also there can be couple of months of waiting period after booking.
radek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 14:21   #171
BHPian

Quote:

My information is 100% accurate. Dealers may not be aware of this yet. I think from next week most of or atleast key dealers should be aware of this.

Like GT TSI, this will also have limited production quota. So initially not all dealers will get stock. Also there can be couple of months of waiting period after booking.
Radek, thanks you just made my day. I'm in the market looking to purchase a new car, initially was confused with fiat, VW or a Maruti hatchback but this info has just narrowed down my choice, hope its not priced too high as of such VW is considering hiking its prices. Now the linea 1.6 will also have competition especially for city commuters if its launched (rumours say it'll be).

Quota or not I think many people wouldn't mind waiting for a while. Diesel burner, powerful engine and on a hatch, the spec numbers would be good to see.
Old 5th September 2013, 14:41   #172
BHPian

Quote:
I'm in the market looking to purchase a new car, initially was confused with fiat, VW or a Maruti hatchback but this info has just narrowed down my choice, hope its not priced too high as of such VW is considering hiking its prices.
I am in the same boat. I am looking out to replace my Spark. So far I have shortlisted fiat GP90PS, VW Polo GT TSI and Ford classic. But now I am putting this on hold till I take TD of Ploto GTD.

Not sure of the prices of 1.6 TDI. But I fear it will be 80K to 100K more than GT TSI.
Old 5th September 2013, 14:41   #173
BHPian

Quote:

radek, any information on Vento? Any face-lift is planned by VV ?
Old 5th September 2013, 14:51   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
radek, any information on Vento? Any face-lift is planned by VV ?
I do not know. I wont know even if it is planned. I do not have any high level source within VW. Information I got about 1.6. TDI was at operational level (which also means it is closure to launch date)
radek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 14:57   #175
BHPian

Quote:
I am in the same boat. I am looking out to replace my Spark. So far I have shortlisted fiat GP90PS, VW Polo GT TSI and Ford classic. But now I am putting this on hold till I take TD of Ploto GTD.

Not sure of the prices of 1.6 TDI. But I fear it will be 80K to 100K more than GT TSI.
I doubt if it would be priced more than the GT TSI. The diesel would be without DSG and a few other goodies that TSI has. This should nullify the diesel vs petrol heart.
Old 5th September 2013, 15:10   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindSpeeDs View Post
I doubt if it would be priced more than the GT TSI. The diesel would be without DSG and a few other goodies that TSI has. This should nullify the diesel vs petrol heart.
You logic is correct. I just checked Vento pricing.

Vento Diesel highline ex-showroom: 9.97
Vento Petro AT ex-showroom: 9.82

So with same logic, Polo 1.6 TDI should be marginally higher than GT TSI.

Polo GT TSI is 9.1 on road in Pune. So 1.6 TDI should be around 9.3.
Old 5th September 2013, 15:51   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindSpeeDs View Post

Quote:

Was about to say the same thing as mindspeeds. Hopefully they would include abs+ebd+airbags as standard, 80k to 100k would be vento territory, a reasonable figure would be 20k to 40k above the tsi. Fingers crossed this is something special for everyone.

Last edited by D'Artagnan : 5th September 2013 at 15:53.
Old 5th September 2013, 16:40   #178
BHPian

Quote:

Vento AT is not DSG. If actually launched, the TDI MT should definitely be cheaper than the TSI by atleast 30-50k (assumption of course).
Old 5th September 2013, 16:40   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Adding to that, what if they launch the 1.2 TSI Vento ?
That also is a possibility. Keeps the distance with Jetta as well.
I don't mind if they do it with a manual transmission. I would definitely have a look at it.

On a different note, it would be better for VW to launch a TSI Rapid. Then they can have the best of both worlds - TDI Vento sales, which is better than TDI Rapid sales anyway, and something to boost the petrol sales with a 1.2 TSI Rapid. Of course the latter would have to be a MT.

I think I'll just send a cover letter on the above thought along with my Resume to VW's sales & marketing strategy team.
Old 5th September 2013, 17:24   #180
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
I don't mind if they do it with a manual transmission. I would definitely have a look at it.
Thats true. But what I meant is if they get the TSI that it with AT (DSG box), that would the most compelling contender for the AT C-segment sedan. Fiesta has space issues thought it has a brilliant ride, while Verna has bad handling and an old 4-speed AT.

And I heard (others can confirm) City AT may be going down thanks to its new avatar coming next year.
Closed Thread