Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 24th August 2013, 17:50   #91
BHPian

I don't know why many are bashing the Cross Polo. I'm not a fan of the package and pricing but it has been a standard variant on the Polo abroad on both the latest 6R and even the previous generation 9N.
himanshu_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 23:31   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen CrossPolo. EDIT : Now with Spy Pics!

All that proves is that this sort of go-faster-stripes marketing is not limited to India. It doesn't make it a good idea!
Thad E Ginathom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2013, 11:04   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post
The 1.4TSI will be a Mt or an AT/DSG? Any input on that?
No clue. Will check with them. I suppose it would be an MT to keep pricing low though. I suppose if this launch is true it would probably happen to the Vento too.
MindSpeeDs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2013, 11:16   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post
The 1.4TSI will be a Mt or an AT/DSG? Any input on that?
IMO, VW would launch the 1.5TDI Polo in 2014.

Cross Polo too will get the 1.5TDI and not sure if 1.4TSI /1.2TSI would be next in the Cross Polo, since Tiagun specifically for Brazil /India markets will debut in 2015.

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2013, 10:53   #95

Comprehensive reviews from Autocar and overdrive television shows rate this car as a "Tougher looking Polo at higher price"
Instead of upping the sepcifications of the car (which have remained identical to the current original polo ) the have only worked on the looks of it. Pricing this to be around 50-60K more will be a hard to sell option for VW.
Also the ground clearance being 15mm higher is a false propaganda. Its true for the same cross polo in other countries but not the one being sold in india. Same goes for the alloys which remain small at 15" and look flimsy on the car with a wider body. All in all a poor effort !
Amol Mathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2013, 18:59   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amol Mathur View Post
Also the ground clearance being 15mm higher is a false propaganda. Its true for the same cross polo in other countries but not the one being sold in india. Same goes for the alloys which remain small at 15" and look flimsy on the car with a wider body. All in all a poor effort !
I think they have already increased the ground clearance of Indian Polo in the past by adding some sort of spacers in the front suspension to limit the front pitching. Rear suspension is already lifted so I feel no scope was left to increase the GC further.
tbppjpr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2013, 19:07   #97
BHPian

It looks like a half hearted attempt. They should have at least put 1.5/1.6L TDI or 1.2/1.4 TSI to make it special for the customers.
sahilkhurana is offline   Reply With Quote