Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2014, 23:37   #1816
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 7,418
Thanked: 9,317 Times
Default re: Fiat's India strategy revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
No Dead pedal in base version? Not able to digest Fiat have done this
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
In fact, the dead pedal should be removed in the top version. It is VERY badly designed, too close to the clutch, I could use it only without shoes when I tried the car.
I felt the same issue in the Evo, but somehow my old 90hp never had space issues, even with my huge woodland shoes. Looks like something has changed in the dead pedal design on the Evo.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2014, 10:42   #1817
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 108 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

I felt the same issue in the Evo, but somehow my old 90hp never had space issues, even with my huge woodland shoes. Looks like something has changed in the dead pedal design on the Evo.
I think the dead pedal arrangement is the same in both the cars. I felt this in the linea facelift as well. The vertical side of the center console now bulges out and the bulge is invisible, thanks to a well rounded design. To explain better, this bulge now hits the area below my left shin and doesn't let the leg move far left as one could do in the old version. Can someone else confirm it as well?
carrerastrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2014, 13:08   #1818
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,470
Thanked: 18,300 Times
Default re: Fiat's India strategy revealed

The production spec Fiat Avventura is likely to get be powered by the 90 HP 1.3-litre, MultiJet diesel engine.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2014, 15:07   #1819
Distinguished - BHPian
 
nkrishnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,235
Thanked: 3,412 Times
Default re: Fiat's India strategy revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
The production spec Fiat Avventura is likely to get be powered by the 90 HP 1.3-litre, MultiJet diesel engine.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
I presume the Avventura to get two powertrains, the 1.4 FIRE and the 1.3 MJD in the 90 HP avatar. The 1.2 FIRE and the 75HP MJD should not be seen on the Avventura.

I will be more than happy if they wish to do away with the 1.4 FIRE and replace it with the Tjet.

Wtih the spy shots the Tjet type exhaust made one to presume the Tjet under the hood. However from the news article, the 90 HP version too has the same exhaust end pipe. So it confirms that this is only for cosmetic difference

Last edited by aah78 : 25th August 2014 at 19:02. Reason: Spell-check.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2014, 04:26   #1820
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 7,418
Thanked: 9,317 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrerastrax View Post
I think the dead pedal arrangement is the same in both the cars. I felt this in the linea facelift as well. The vertical side of the center console now bulges out and the bulge is invisible, thanks to a well rounded design. To explain better, this bulge now hits the area below my left shin and doesn't let the leg move far left as one could do in the old version. Can someone else confirm it as well?

My issue was not with the shin area, it was definitely with the shoes hitting the deal pedal. Will see if I can get a measurement sometime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I presume the Avventura to get two powertrains, the 1.4 FIRE and the 1.3 MJD in the 90 HP avatar. The 1.2 FIRE and the 75HP MJD should not be seen on the Avventura.

I will be more than happy if they wish to do away with the 1.4 FIRE and replace it with the Tjet.

Wtih the spy shots the Tjet type exhaust made one to presume the Tjet under the hood. However from the news article, the 90 HP version too has the same exhaust end pipe. So it confirms that this is only for cosmetic difference
I have a feeling Avventura might come only with only one engine option - the 90hp 1.3 MJD. Hope I'm proved wrong.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2014, 07:25   #1821
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 44
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrerastrax View Post
I think the dead pedal arrangement is the same in both the cars. I felt this in the linea facelift as well. The vertical side of the center console now bulges out and the bulge is invisible, thanks to a well rounded design. To explain better, this bulge now hits the area below my left shin and doesn't let the leg move far left as one could do in the old version. Can someone else confirm it as well?
You're right. There is a space constraint regarding this in the new linea as well. I hardly ever use the dead pedal and just lie my foot on the floor itself.
Ruchitya is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2014, 19:47   #1822
BHPian
 
Car Architect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Madurai
Posts: 28
Thanked: 85 Times
Default re: Fiat's India strategy revealed

Does FIAT has any plans to bring it's much famed city car the PANDA to India?? I'm just curious ??
Attached Images
 
Car Architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2014, 22:47   #1823
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 7,418
Thanked: 9,317 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Architect View Post
Does FIAT has any plans to bring it's much famed city car the PANDA to India?? I'm just curious ??

No. Panda does not figure in FIAT's plans for India, which still remains a two car strategy- no matter what their marketing leads say as otherwise.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2014, 13:15   #1824
Senior - BHPian
 
schakravarthy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: KA 09 / KA 02
Posts: 1,118
Thanked: 3,023 Times
Default

Overdrive has put up a few nice pics of Avventura.

http://m.overdrive.in/news/2014-fiat...image-gallery/
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat's India strategy revealed-1409211785679.jpg  

Fiat's India strategy revealed-1409211801724.jpg  

Fiat's India strategy revealed-1409211874125.jpg  

Attached Images
         
schakravarthy is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2014, 13:35   #1825
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,162
Thanked: 5,052 Times
Default re: Fiat's India strategy revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
Overdrive has put up a few nice pics of Avventura.

http://m.overdrive.in/news/2014-fiat...image-gallery/
Nice looking. What are the dials in the centre console for? The first one is a compass; what are the other two for?!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2014, 13:37   #1826
Senior - BHPian
 
schakravarthy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: KA 09 / KA 02
Posts: 1,118
Thanked: 3,023 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
What are the dials in the centre console for? The first one is a compass; what are the other two for?!
Inclinometers. They're there to tell you when you've climbed the pavement or how deep the pothole your car just got into is.
schakravarthy is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2014, 13:48   #1827
BHPian
 
S.MJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 319
Thanked: 255 Times
Default re: Fiat's India strategy revealed

Looking really nice especially front & rear three quarter pictures, boot mounted spare wheel not looking odd (as I thought it will) from rear three quarter picture.

Dashboard has a new grey self print type texture. Not sure how will it look in person, though looking quite good in picture.
S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2014, 14:24   #1828
Senior - BHPian
 
rohanjf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 1,190
Thanked: 682 Times
Default re: Fiat's India strategy revealed

Dashboard is of dark grey and light grey combination. Doors are of dark grey and brown combination. Doesn't that look odd?

What is the use of the meters that tell how much left side is inclined from right, or front is inclined from left, for a front-wheel drive car? I guess it will only be for some fun on Bangalore's roads. We can now measure the heights of all of Bangalore's speedbreakers using trigonometry!
rohanjf is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2014, 14:32   #1829
Senior - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,550
Thanked: 1,724 Times
Default re: Fiat's India strategy revealed

Avventura is looking good Fiat
Now do us a favour and plonk that AMT in the top end 90 HP will ya?
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2014, 14:42   #1830
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 7,418
Thanked: 9,317 Times
Default Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep coming. More inside!

Looks quite eye catching. Something that would interest the Indian market. Hope it contributes to sales, rather than end up as a limited edition of the already limited Punto sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
We can now measure the heights of all of Bangalore's speedbreakers using trigonometry!
Stomach hurts from laughing too much!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th August 2014 at 14:44.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat Abarth 595 Competizione revealed on Fiat India's website damager21 The Indian Car Scene 50 17th August 2015 10:42
Volkswagen's Future (US) Product Strategy Revealed - and what it means for us crackingride The Indian Car Scene 23 24th October 2012 00:31
FIAT kicks off its new branding strategy. amit The Indian Car Scene 23 5th February 2008 14:17
FIAT's new strategy + Linea confirmed Mpower The Indian Car Scene 128 21st May 2007 19:57


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:56.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks