Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 4th February 2013, 11:47   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: TATA Vista Quadrajet 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Externally, D90 looks just like the regular Vista except for the black roof. Those skirts, rear spolier etc. are optional fitments. The complete kit costs Rs. 25,000/-.
I knew it's a dealer fitment. Can we choose everything but the front skirts alone? Or is it available ONLY as a single package with all items?
Old 4th February 2013, 12:09   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I knew it's a dealer fitment. Can we choose everything but the front skirts alone? Or is it available ONLY as a single package with all items?
It is dealer "fitment" but designing is Tata's.
The dealer I spoke to said you can buy item wise also.

Last edited by directinjection : 4th February 2013 at 12:11.
directinjection is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 12:16   #168

The car looks good from the inside. I personally like the shifting of the meter cluster from the center stack. This looks more meaningful and overall the interiors look more airy as it was before than the competitors.

The front bumper looks to be overdone and in few of the images that i saw in yahoo looks disproportionate. Overall the vista has got a good update.
Old 4th February 2013, 12:27   #169
Senior - BHPian

Aren't we getting a launch coverage report for this car? Also, is there a official test drive report coming, something that was done for Manza Club Class?

I have a question to those who've attended the event or visited the showroom. Do the existing variants of the Vista (75Ps Quadra, 65Safire, etc) also come with the new interiors now?
safari_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 12:28   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
..The dealer I spoke to said you can buy item wise also.
That's very nice. Hope they re-work on the front skirts too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravs View Post
Welcome to the club! Wish you a very informative & entertaining journey thru this world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
...Do the existing variants of the Vista (75Ps Quadra, 65Safire, etc) also come with the new interiors now?
Nope, ONLY the 90 bhp variant gets the new interiors (speedo console, MID etc) [This info was passed just before the vehicle hit the showroom.]

Link from the website confirms it :: http://www.cars.tatamotors.com/tatavista/interiors.html

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 4th February 2013 at 12:33.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 13:55   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Nope, ONLY the 90 bhp variant gets the new interiors (speedo console, MID etc) [This info was passed just before the vehicle hit the showroom.]

Link from the website confirms it :: http://www.cars.tatamotors.com/tatavista/interiors.html
So does it mean the central console will remain the same along with the Speedo meters, et al? I hope this would change once their existing inventory is exhausted.
Old 4th February 2013, 14:38   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
So does it mean the central console will remain the same along with the Speedo meters, et al? I hope this would change once their existing inventory is exhausted.
May be if the sales of 90 bhp surpasses their expectations, they could make this standard. On the other hand if they have a commitment to the vendors for 5 years (which is the normal life of 1 generation of a product), we may need to wait till the next gen.
Old 4th February 2013, 14:45   #173
BHPian

How come people don't have a problem with Etios's central console, but in Indica?
swaroop_babu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 15:21   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On the other hand if they have a commitment to the vendors for 5 years (which is the normal life of 1 generation of a product), we may need to wait till the next gen.
Vista was unveiled at Auto Expo 2008. It's been around for 5 years already!
Old 4th February 2013, 15:26   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaroop_babu View Post
How come people don't have a problem with Etios's central console, but in Indica?
Who says so? If you see, all the discussions on the cheap interior revolves around this "central console" mainly. People have issues with central console in any car (NOT Vista alone) and they claim it adds to bad visibility (which is wrong) without even TDing the car. And all those poor sales are majorly on account of poor interiors.

Quote:
Vista was unveiled at Auto Expo 2008. It's been around for 5 years already!
But we don't know how long TATA plans to keep it right? I doubt there is a new gen in the making.
Old 4th February 2013, 15:46   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Who says so? If you see, all the discussions on the cheap interior revolves around this "central console" mainly. People have issues with central console in any car (NOT Vista alone) and they claim it adds to bad visibility (which is wrong) without even TDing the car. And all those poor sales are majorly on account of poor interiors.

But we don't know how long TATA plans to keep it right? I doubt there is a new gen in the making.
I don't think the central console is the issue as several cars have it, it is the Tata badge and the fact that tata bashing has become the norm, whatever they may do people will still find faults with them.
Old 4th February 2013, 16:03   #177
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Central console is not all a pain. In fact it is better than regular one.

My Vista completed 69K in 4.5 years. It is ( central console) is very comfortable. Having used to that, i found Innova console little pain, because some times steering wheel obstructs the vision of speedometer.

P.S: I have driven Innova on highway for around 1000 km. it is my personal opinion
Old 6th February 2013, 08:19   #178
Senior - BHPian

Read in the newspaper today that Tata Motors is planning to introduce AT in hatchback segment and the Vista 90hp version will be the first one to get it. This will be the first diesel AT in the hatchback segment. Has there been any info on Vista AT from other sources?
Closed Thread