Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2012, 15:52   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
sourabhzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GURGAON
Posts: 1,541
Thanked: 1,277 Times
Default Re: TATA Vista Quadrajet 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
On the other hand, Tata should seriously let go of the least selling engines. Reminds me of a post I made not so long ago:
I had that post of yours while starting this thread that is why I started with "yet another variant".
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Tata introduced yet another variant in Vista range .....
I think they can select the top 2 selling variants and focus their energies on selling and improving only those two instead of figuring out their next variant launch.
sourabhzen is offline  
Old 8th December 2012, 17:34   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
zenren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CLT/TVM/HYD
Posts: 2,576
Thanked: 1,723 Times
Default Re: TATA Vista Quadrajet 90

Any idea if the dashboard comes in Beige/Black or Plum/Black? Tried opening the official site for Vista (their so called Low bandwidth version) and it is still loading in the next tab!

If I was genuinely interested in the new variant, this has killed half my enthusiasm seeing the quality of their official website at a time when they launched a new variant. Then again, I'm sure the web administrators would have seen a lot of such variants to actually be bothered with yet another launch. Do they really care?
zenren is offline  
Old 8th December 2012, 18:53   #18
MHG
BHPian
 
MHG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 339
Thanked: 282 Times
Default Re: TATA Vista Quadrajet 90

Does the Vista really have dynamics that go with suiting a spirited engine like this ? Isn't it equipped with a soft suspension that has a high amount of body roll ? Or does it have a redesigned suspension to make it sporty to go with the engine ?
MHG is offline  
Old 8th December 2012, 19:00   #19
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,650
Thanked: 6,663 Times
Default Re: TATA Vista Quadrajet 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Any idea if the dashboard comes in Beige/Black or Plum/Black? Tried opening the official site for Vista (their so called Low bandwidth version) and it is still loading in the next tab!

If I was genuinely interested in the new variant, this has killed half my enthusiasm seeing the quality of their official website at a time when they launched a new variant. Then again, I'm sure the web administrators would have seen a lot of such variants to actually be bothered with yet another launch. Do they really care?
Beige Black dashboard.
Looks decent.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2012, 19:19   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
narayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,772
Thanked: 1,166 Times
Default Re: TATA Vista Quadrajet 90

I see this as a pointless exercise. Even MUL have resisted from doing this in the Swift which has all the brand/chassis attributes to take up a more powerful engine. This is an unnessary diversion of energies.
narayan is offline  
Old 8th December 2012, 21:04   #21
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,974
Thanked: 16,771 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHG View Post
Does the Vista really have dynamics that go with suiting a spirited engine like this ? Isn't it equipped with a soft suspension that has a high amount of body roll ? Or does it have a redesigned suspension to make it sporty to go with the engine ?
Based on my experience with the Punto 90hp, the engine is not as drastically different from the 75hp version as the 15hp difference suggests. Yes, there is a nice differences once the turbo is in full song, but you wouldn't be doing that in a diesel car 90% of the time.

I'm not suggesting Vista has the required dynamics to make it a sporty proposition though. Its just not an enthusiast's car, for sure.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2012, 23:02   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
S2!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,811
Thanked: 9,107 Times
Default Re: TATA Vista Quadrajet 90

It is truly commendable to watch Tata Motors trying and taking all the possible steps to win over more customers unlike other makers who are waiting for miracles to happen. Tata is trying to not give any of its prospective customers a reason to look else where and that is something really worth a mention.
People said the 1.2L wasn't powerful enough, Tata brought is the safire90.
People said the interiors weren't up to the mark, Tata introduced the dual tone interior.
People said that the dashboard doesn't appeal to them, they fitted the more conventional Manza's style dash.

It seems like every feedback is taken seriously and worked upon continuously. Way to go TATA. However, now people will need to find a new reason to reject the Vista from their next purchase list. SIGH!!
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2012, 23:19   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,079
Thanked: 648 Times
Default Re: TATA Vista Quadrajet 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
It is truly commendable to watch Tata Motors trying and taking all the possible steps to win over more customers unlike other makers who are waiting for miracles to happen. Tata is trying to not give any of its prospective customers a reason to look else where and that is something really worth a mention.
People said the 1.2L wasn't powerful enough, Tata brought is the safire90.
People said the interiors weren't up to the mark, Tata introduced the dual tone interior.
People said that the dashboard doesn't appeal to them, they fitted the more conventional Manza's style dash.

It seems like every feedback is taken seriously and worked upon continuously. Way to go TATA. However, now people will need to find a new reason to reject the Vista from their next purchase list. SIGH!!
That is precisely also the problem definition. I walk into a tata showroom and come back completely confused. I've all these cars that all look alike but aren't and the choice just keeps getting more confusing.
Besides even with a few focused products in the past, the service was nothing to write home about. And now with this list of variants and engine options, i wonder how they will fare.

Its like going out to buy an android phone. You are never sure which one to buy and its bloody hell difficult to keep yours updated and running. I wish Tata would go the apple way - few products, good quality, all treated equal. Of course the apple service sucks too so i hope tata improves on that!
Nilesh5417 is offline  
Old 9th December 2012, 00:04   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
rameshnanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,231
Thanked: 813 Times
Default Re: TATA Vista Quadrajet 90

As per Tata Motors website, the Ex-Showroom (Mumbai) price of Vista QJD (75HP) ZX is 6.53L. As per the Autocar news, the 90HP pricing is 6.63L. Is it just 10k more for the 90HP version? Couldn't believe this. Also, I am not able to see any news or hint about QJD 90 launch on Tata Motors website. Actually there is no such news apart from Autocar. Did Tata Motors really launched QJD 90 in Vista and if so, what is the actual pricing?
rameshnanda is online now  
Old 9th December 2012, 00:26   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
ashis89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,314
Thanked: 1,050 Times
Default Re: TATA Vista Quadrajet 90

The thing that caught my attention in the whole launch article was the Manza dashboard. Many have walked away from the Vista for its centre mounted speedo console. Then a look at the pricing and I was forced to sit up and take note of.

But then as Ramesh has pointed, is it really 10k INR more than the existing Vista 75? Or are they planning a price cut on the existing range(if yes then its more than welcome)?

Vista is an ideal car for a sedate driver who needs space and comfort. With the Fiat engine, he won't stranded. The only thing plaguing is the niggling issues due to poor QC. If that is sorted out then I don't see why the car shouldn't be a success.
ashis89 is offline  
Old 9th December 2012, 17:30   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
foby.sebastian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 2,448
Thanked: 1,102 Times
Default Re: TATA Vista Quadrajet 90

Vista's dynamics dosen't support the 90 HP planted in to it.

From my observation , I haven't seen any of the vistas on road with a diesel tuning box planted in, So why more power?

IMHO 75 HP is much more than Vistas aerodynamics can bear with when the turbo kicks in.

Then comes the break, from my experience I don't think so even the ABS can't do much better since the dynamics dosen't seems to be thrust worthy from an enthusiasts point of view.

What I love in my current vista 75 is power,space,FE,GC and ofcourse the price and NO waiting period. Also resale value in taxi market.
foby.sebastian is offline  
Old 9th December 2012, 18:42   #27
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,449
Thanked: 6,438 Times
Default

If we go for aftermarket suspension kits (bolt on), can't the dynamics to be taken care of? Shouldn't that make sure the ride quality is absorbent, yet reduced bodyroll?

In such a case, that could be a perfect combo for some additional money, for those who want it. And I believe the 90 bhp will have better driveability due to VGT. Has no one got a TD yet?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 9th December 2012 at 18:43.
swiftnfurious is offline  
Old 9th December 2012, 19:51   #28
BHPian
 
arjab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: MAA/CCU
Posts: 647
Thanked: 1,199 Times
Default Re: TATA Vista Quadrajet 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
If we go for aftermarket suspension kits (bolt on), can't the dynamics to be taken care of? Shouldn't that make sure the ride quality is absorbent, yet reduced bodyroll?
A Tata insider tells me that the suspension and its associated bushes have been tweaked to handle the extra power. Also the brakes have been worked upon with the brake booster and tandem master cylinder calibrations getting a relook for greater stopping power and lesser pedal effort.

Also, the source says that the Vista 90 will be wearing 185 section rubber (MANZA's tyre size) compared to the 75Ps's 175 section tyres. That should further provide stable handling.

Waiting for a test drive opportunity to see how good the 90 QJD turns out to be.
arjab is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th December 2012, 20:45   #29
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,154
Thanked: 2,460 Times
Default Re: TATA Vista Quadrajet 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
A Tata insider tells me that the suspension and its associated bushes have been tweaked to handle the extra power. Also the brakes have been worked upon with the brake booster and tandem master cylinder calibrations getting a relook for greater stopping power and lesser pedal effort.

Also, the source says that the Vista 90 will be wearing 185 section rubber (MANZA's tyre size) compared to the 75Ps's 175 section tyres.
.
That is great news, a superb move by TATA. This makes for an excellent value proposition.

An external micro sport kit would have been good to have. No need for a Remap now.

That said TATA should also have discontinued an equal number of varients as introduced by them each time.

Have seen them trim the Aria varient list in time wonder why they can't do the same with the Vista.
ACM is offline  
Old 9th December 2012, 21:13   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
zenren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CLT/TVM/HYD
Posts: 2,576
Thanked: 1,723 Times
Default Re: TATA Vista Quadrajet 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
A Tata insider tells me that the suspension and its associated bushes have been tweaked to handle the extra power. Also the brakes have been worked upon with the brake booster and tandem master cylinder calibrations getting a relook for greater stopping power and lesser pedal effort.

Also, the source says that the Vista 90 will be wearing 185 section rubber (MANZA's tyre size) compared to the 75Ps's 175 section tyres. That should further provide stable handling.

Waiting for a test drive opportunity to see how good the 90 QJD turns out to be.
Great move by Tata if this is true, but somehow hard to believe they would be able to manage it with a 10-20k price hike. If we are looking at a much steeper hike, thats a different story!
zenren is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Indica Vista Quadrajet - 95000 kms update DieselAddikt Long-Term Ownership Reviews 5 13th August 2014 01:48
Collected my Tata Indica Vista Quadrajet Aura, Gala Red CtrlAltDel Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 194 11th December 2010 11:53
Tata Indica Vista - Quadrajet Aura ABS - Porcelain White umang dutt Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 4 2nd November 2010 13:06


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:52.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks