Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 31st December 2012, 12:33   #106
BHPian

Default Re: TATA Vista Quadrajet 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
but I have decided not to drive that car again.
It is not that bad as you think. These are the observation and many other manufacturer does away with these drawbacks. People do not have problem with Hyundai light steering which does not weight with speed at all. People do not complain there at all but when it comes to tata, it is termed as huge fallback. Any car below swift category has light steering with gaming wheel like feedback but still people will complain when it comes to tata. Steering feel and handling is better than many other cars but people poster it as disastrous when it comes to Tata.

Last edited by sushantr5 : 31st December 2012 at 12:43.
Old 31st December 2012, 12:43   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
My Vista is also from the 1st batch and I have driven at 155 km/h for a good distance and mind you that too with my family on board. Surprisingly my parents (in the back seat) didn't even realize the speeds. I will never forget my dad's comment that although he didn't feel the speed, he just felt that the scenery was moving too fast.
I have also had a few close calls on the highway (in one case a Tata 407 driver stretched himself to close the left door properly and his vehicle suddenly swayed to the right). I had to change lanes in a split second and although the experience was unnerving, the car not only changed lanes but also maintained its stability. My family was also shaken (who wouldn't be) with the incident, but then it would have happened to any one in any car.
I am going off- topic here. Request you not to take chances at such speed with your family. None of the existing roads in India are safe at speeds beyond 100 kmph.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 13:19   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
It is not that bad as you think. These are the observation and many other manufacturer does away with these drawbacks. People do not have problem with Hyundai light steering which does not weight with speed at all. People do not complain there at all but when it comes to tata, it is termed as huge fallback. Any car below swift category has light steering with gaming wheel like feedback but still people will complain when it comes to tata. Steering feel and handling is better than many other cars but people poster it as disastrous when it comes to Tata.
The experience I posted was a personal experience, not based on what I "think". I have vowed not to drive that particular car for a certain reason, as a matter of fact, have never taken such a vow for any other vehicle.

There are people, myself included, who complain about Hyundai's light, feelless steering, but its still better than that offerred by the Vista platform. For the Hyundai's there is still some progression to it.

Agree that there are many cars below the swift category, which could probably fall under the same bracket, but those are mostly city dwelling cars.

As regards myself, I am not biased against Tata, a few posts back, I was pointing at some variants of the older platform offerring decent feel/weight.
Old 31st December 2012, 23:59   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is exactly that caught me unawares when I had to make an emergency lane change. In the end it did not turn out nasty, but I have decided not to drive that car again.
The weakest link at high speed is tyre. Tyre pressure or difference in pressure plays a major role in stability at high speed. One thing sure, in case of accident at high speeds, you have higher chance of survival in a Tata car than any of the other cars in its category..
Old 1st January 2013, 10:18   #110
BHPian

I own a Tata car (safari) and a Maruti A Star AT. Here is my take.

Tata cars are inexpensive, in a good package. Servicing cost is also comparatively lower. Space is better, comfort is better.

But,

Maruti service is way ahead and much more professional compared to Tata. In Tata, I own a premium car, but nobody bothers to update me regularly, car is seldom delivered on time, and most of the times they would leave something unattended, for example, broken power window switch, or something else for which you need to send the car again. No such cases for Maruti, service experience is one of the best athough I do not own a premium car. I have been always treated on priority and with respect, never been waiting long for delivery, and no issues after service.

Tata cars require some maintenance around 1 lakh kms or so, like alternator overhauling, fuel pump servicing etc. Usually swifts and other maruti cars do not require such service. And unscheduled visit to service center is not uncommon, no such cases for Maruti, its a fill it, forget it, service it kind of car.

Choice is yours.
Old 1st January 2013, 14:00   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
One thing sure, in case of accident at high speeds, you have higher chance of survival in a Tata car than any of the other cars in its category..
Excluding VW, Fiat, Skoda and Ford cars.
Old 1st January 2013, 14:40   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Excluding VW, Fiat, Skoda and Ford cars.
Add Hyundai to the list too. I20 which belongs to the same category has a solid build quality
Old 1st January 2013, 16:50   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
One thing sure, in case of accident at high speeds, you have higher chance of survival in a Tata car than any of the other cars in its category..
That's a strong conclusion to make. Could you elaborate the facts behind this ?
Old 2nd January 2013, 00:09   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Add Hyundai to the list too. I20 which belongs to the same category has a solid build quality
I was talking about damage in case of a crashes, not about build quality. Evey one knows about tata niggles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
That's a strong conclusion to make. Could you elaborate the facts behind this ?
It is based on various accident reports i read in malayalam news papers, and accidents i see on Kerala roads.
statistics (and physics) says heavier vehicles are safer for those driving them. Tata vehicles are heavier when compared to competitors in its category.
Old 5th January 2013, 13:01   #115
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Now available in Pune.

Received call from Dealer, as I had inquired about it earlier.

According to the sales representative on phone, ex. showroom price for VX is approx. 5.81 and on road price is approx 6.8 lac.
Old 17th January 2013, 16:48   #116
BHPian

Had a look at this car in the office premises today. At Rs. 8L on road for ZX variant in Bangalore, it is expensive.
Old 18th January 2013, 15:32   #117
Senior - BHPian

Had a look at the car today- Prerana have arranged a demo at our office premises.

The on road price difference between the 75 PS VX and 90 PS VX is ~20K while the price difference between 75 PS ZX and 90 PS ZX is just about 12K. Absolute VFM, in my view.

The car gets the full MID from Manza - the MID shows real time average, average fuel efficiency, distance to empty, ambient temperature and also houses a digital clock.

While i could not get a TD, I felt that the doors close with a better 'thud' than my Vista TDi. The quality of plastics has improved a lot, and the cabin has a well put together feeling.
The Prerana guys informed me that the TD will start in couple of weeks’ time.
Old 22nd January 2013, 22:20   #118
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Tata to launch Vista D90 on 28th Jan.
http://goaonwheels.com/upcoming-mode...90-on-28th-jan

Surprised that this variant is launching only now!
Quoting from the thread:
Quote:
The launch will happen in the national capital at the Buddh International Circuit. Seems like Tata Motors, really wants to have a thrilling launch, with the Vista D90s squealing around the corners and fast lanes.
PPS is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2013, 23:50   #119
Senior - BHPian

Have driven this Vista 90hp. Amazing car, good overall package and immense power. Vista 90hp does not drive fast. It flies slowly.
amit_mechengg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2013, 23:51   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blr_RK View Post
Had a look at this car in the office premises today. At Rs. 8L on road for ZX variant in Bangalore, it is expensive.
Based on below post, the price difference is less than 20K! That too for additional 15 bhp, manza dashboard & some other stuffs (mentioned below as well). Why do you think it's expensive?

Did you mean to say it's expensive over 75 bhp variant or compared to rest of the cars in the segment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
...The on road price difference between the 75 PS VX and 90 PS VX is ~20K while the price difference between 75 PS ZX and 90 PS ZX is just about 12K. Absolute VFM, in my view.

The car gets the full MID from Manza - the MID shows real time average, average fuel efficiency, distance to empty, ambient temperature and also houses a digital clock...
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread