Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2013, 13:43   #91
Senior - BHPian
 
zenren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CLT/TVM/HYD
Posts: 2,576
Thanked: 1,723 Times
Default Re: 2013 Maruti WagonR Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Whats a lock/unlock button? I have a July 2012 model LXI and it has a button to lock power window control from passenger side. Is that what you are referring to?
No, Window lock button is different. He is referring to the button for central locking that locks/unlocks all 4 doors. Unlocking the driver side door manually from inside would not unlock other doors. You have a dedicated button to lock/unlock all doors along with the power window switches on the driver door.

Pic from Swift review:
zenren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 14:14   #92
Senior - BHPian
 
BoneCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: -----****-----
Posts: 1,031
Thanked: 1,462 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post

No, Window lock button is different. He is referring to the button for central locking that locks/unlocks all 4 doors. Unlocking the driver side door manually from inside would not unlock other doors. You have a dedicated button to lock/unlock all doors along with the power window switches on the driver door.

Pic from Swift review:
In case of WagonR Vxi,if you manually unlock/lock the driver side door lock,it unlocks/locks all other doors.There is no separate button for it unlike Ritz/Swift where that particular button does the same unlocking /locking and not the driver side lock.
BoneCollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 16:29   #93
BHPian
 
John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Secunderabad
Posts: 255
Thanked: 166 Times
Default Re: 2013 Maruti WagonR Facelift

dhandapanik: isn't the button circled in red, the lock/unlock button for the power windows? The lock/unlock function for all doors is controlled by the manually operated lever on the driver side door.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by John : 21st February 2013 at 16:33.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 21:04   #94
Senior - BHPian
 
DCEite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,047
Thanked: 478 Times
Default Re: 2013 Maruti WagonR Facelift

Yes Jhon thats what my confusion is.

The red button on the door is for the door lock/unlock (all 4 doors) and the circled one is for the power windows.

Its there in the old LXi (for front) and VXi (for all 4).

I have Maruti central locking installed and the door lock on the driver side locs/unlocks all four doors.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 22:54   #95
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RJ 14
Posts: 552
Thanked: 94 Times
Default Re: 2013 Maruti WagonR Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
how can the fuel efficiency increase if there are no mechanical changes to the car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Possibly a remapped or updated ECU since it is mentioned the engine is now OBD-II compliant.
This model should not carry same mechanicals. There should be a definite change in intake manifold/ injectors (or both) for this.
A change in SAE viscosity ratings & API ratings for engine oil also for sure.
(Alok) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2013, 10:09   #96
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: TN58/TN41/TN37
Posts: 184
Thanked: 152 Times
Default Re: 2013 Maruti WagonR Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
No, Window lock button is different. He is referring to the button for central locking that locks/unlocks all 4 doors. Unlocking the driver side door manually from inside would not unlock other doors. You have a dedicated button to lock/unlock all doors along with the power window switches on the driver door.

Pic from Swift review:
This is the same which i want in Wagon R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
In case of WagonR Vxi,if you manually unlock/lock the driver side door lock,it unlocks/locks all other doors.There is no separate button for it unlike Ritz/Swift where that particular button does the same unlocking /locking and not the driver side lock.
I'm not sure whether the manual lock in driver side locks all the doors in Wagon R. I didnt check that when visiting the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
dhandapanik: isn't the button circled in red, the lock/unlock button for the power windows? The lock/unlock function for all doors is controlled by the manually operated lever on the driver side door.
I actually meant about locking the windows in the lock/unlock buttons. The red circled one is for a different meaning right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Yes Jhon thats what my confusion is.

The red button on the door is for the door lock/unlock (all 4 doors) and the circled one is for the power windows.

Its there in the old LXi (for front) and VXi (for all 4).

I have Maruti central locking installed and the door lock on the driver side locs/unlocks all four doors.
Without central locking installed, whether the button in the driver side door locks all the windows? Or how it works? Is it same the manual lock in Alto?
dhandapanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2013, 11:42   #97
Newbie
 
desertfox52001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Imphal
Posts: 5
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: 2013 Maruti WagonR Facelift

If a first-time buyer wants a WagonR, naturally the person would also look out for the new-look i20 and Figo as well (with eyes set on budget). I'd prefer i20 over WagonR for several reasons. But MSIL scores when it comes to after-sales service, something that is on top priority for first-time buyers who look for value. A friend owns an i20, and he says he is bleeding money on fuel economy. Hyundai cars don't have a good record in the North East road conditions. Surprisingly, WagonR and Alto move like breeze even in hilly areas. Paradox!
desertfox52001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 16:09   #98
BHPian
 
John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Secunderabad
Posts: 255
Thanked: 166 Times
Default Re: 2013 Maruti WagonR Facelift

Took delivery of our Glistening Grey WagonR VXi yesterday. A few quick pics from my mobile.

Will post some more photographs in a couple of days - once I get the 3M treatment done and accessories fitted.
Attached Images
   
John is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 07:36   #99
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,621
Thanked: 4,538 Times
Default Re: 2013 Maruti WagonR Facelift

Congratulations, John, and thanks for sharing the pictures! The Wagon R is an excellent choice and is a well deserved sales chart topper. The front end of the blue eyed boy looks much better now with the new bumper, grille and fog lamp enclosures. Please post more pictures, especially of the improved interiors.
RSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 15:28   #100
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: TN58/TN41/TN37
Posts: 184
Thanked: 152 Times
Default Re: 2013 Maruti WagonR Facelift

Took the delivery of my new Wagon R VXI on last saturday(6-Apr-13). Usage wise it looks really cool. Added a set of JBL speakers in the rear. Apart from that i didnt do any modification.

One quick question to all who owns VXI or OEM fitted music system(Nippon). In which sort order the music system plays the MP3 files from the pen drive?
dhandapanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2013, 15:10   #101
BHPian
 
Ricky_3007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 381
Thanked: 21 Times
Thumbs up Re: 2013 Maruti WagonR Facelift

I had recently bought Wagon R CNG in April 2013. Here are the pics . These pics taken at the time of PDI and by my BB Phone so the quality is not so good. I have done some mods /ICE set up which I will upload later.
Attached Images
  
Ricky_3007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2013, 20:05   #102
BHPian
 
devsoftech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Santa Clara
Posts: 228
Thanked: 119 Times
Default Re: 2013 Maruti WagonR Facelift

I'm considering buying a new hatchback, and have almost finalized buying a new Wagon-R VXi with airbags for following reasons (After having taken a proper test drive):

1. Very tight budget of within 5.5 lacs onroad. My AT-CIVIC is hospitalised and it will take a month to get on the road (That's on a different thread)
2. 60:40 split. The roof rails gives me an opportunity to use Thule/Hiker's rooftop carrier for extra luggage if need be.
3. OBD-II. Can someone confirm if I can use scanguage/OBD-II adapter and check distance of empty, real-time fuel economy ? Someone tried it ?
3. Comfortable suspension, light steering (Despite being a 65 profile tyre).
4. Good interior space - similar to my experience with a friend's Punto. Better than i10, Alto K10, A-Star. The flat transmission hump at rear (like CIVIC) is very sweet for rear passengers. Also, below the front seats, there is a little trench to put down the legs.
5. NVH was very good for a TD vehicle. Didn't stall the car at low speeds/2nd gear as experienced by others. Engine is okay (similar to i10). I'm expecting my new car to return FE of 15+
6. I'm getting safety features within my budget. I swear I won't spend a single penny on any ICE/cosmetic upgrade.
7. Question: Is mudflap a standard fitment, or provided by dealer

In my quotation I have been asked for 6500 handling charges (Should I refuse to pay ?), and there is a discount of 30,000 (not loyalty, nor exchange)+ 2,000 (corporate discount). What I fail to understand is these dealers are saying 32,000 will be discounted on ex-showroom price. Then why are they not reducing the RTO tax @ 14% ? Also can I carry forward my NCB from my previous car - I had got 50% NCB (I have sold that car) - to reduce the insurance cost from 18000 to approx 9000.

If I have my way, I can save a significant cost.

Does anyone know a dealer in Bangalore, who does not charge 2% on swiping debit/credit card. Also dealers who do not charge handling charges

Btw, I'm still open to other hatchbacks that fits in with 5-5.5 lakh.

Last edited by devsoftech : 20th July 2013 at 20:09.
devsoftech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2013, 20:59   #103
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 78
Thanked: 43 Times
Default Re: 2013 Maruti WagonR Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by devsoftech View Post
I'm considering buying a new hatchback, and have almost finalized buying a new Wagon-R VXi with airbags
If you are purchasing a WagonR Vxi with the ABS+Driver Side Airbag option (passenger airbag is no longer offered), please make sure you tell the sales executive you want a recent manufactured vehicle and not an old vehicle. Ensure when taking delivery that the manufacturing date is not too old.

Additionally, I have heard (but not sure if it's true), that the WagonR Vxi now does not roll out by default with ABS and Airbag. It is fitted afterwards at the plant against specific orders. Again, I am not sure if this is a rumour or if it is true. If somebody can update, please do let me know.

Last edited by IndianGuardian : 20th July 2013 at 21:02.
IndianGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2013, 21:32   #104
BHPian
 
carzone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 567
Thanked: 257 Times
Default Re: 2013 Maruti WagonR Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by devsoftech View Post
7. Question: Is mudflap a standard fitment, or provided by dealer
It is an after fitment and you need to pay if the dealer is not giving it as a freebie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devsoftech View Post
In my quotation I have been asked for 6500 handling charges (Should I refuse to pay ?), and there is a discount of 30,000 (not loyalty, nor exchange)+ 2,000 (corporate discount). What I fail to understand is these dealers are saying 32,000 will be discounted on ex-showroom price. Then why are they not reducing the RTO tax @ 14% ? Also can I carry forward my NCB from my previous car - I had got 50% NCB (I have sold that car) - to reduce the insurance cost from 18000 to approx 9000.
*There was a supreme court order on no handling charges some time ago. Google and find that if you can.

*These discounts are normally on the ex-showroom prices and the RTO charges would be as normal.

*I am not sure that you can transfer the NCB on the insurance you buy from the dealer as well. Maybe you can, I just don't have any idea and hence would not lead you to a wrong direction. But, if you go for insurance from outside, you surely can. You just need to inform the Insurance company and proceed as they say.

Quote:
If I have my way, I can save a significant cost.
You definitely can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianGuardian View Post
If you are purchasing a WagonR Vxi with the ABS+Driver Side Airbag option (passenger airbag is no longer offered), please make sure you tell the sales executive you want a recent manufactured vehicle and not an old vehicle. Ensure when taking delivery that the manufacturing date is not too old.
There is a visual difference as well between the facelifted version and the older one. AFAIK, older ones came with both the airbags, while the refreshed one had to do away with one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianGuardian View Post
Additionally, I have heard (but not sure if it's true), that the WagonR Vxi now does not roll out by default with ABS and Airbag. It is fitted afterwards at the plant against specific orders. Again, I am not sure if this is a rumour or if it is true. If somebody can update, please do let me know.
When I bought my car in 2010, I too had heard about this. If you book it with a dealer and then he informs the factory or something like that. I cannot guarantee the truth behind this, just a hearsay.

Last edited by carzone : 20th July 2013 at 21:33.
carzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2013, 11:35   #105
BHPian
 
devsoftech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Santa Clara
Posts: 228
Thanked: 119 Times
Default Re: 2013 Maruti WagonR Facelift

My Glistening Grey WagonR VXi was delivered on July/30.

Couple of issues/observations:

1. My bluetooth ELM327 adapter works perfectly fine. Using torque on my android, I'm able to view Distance to empty, Average and instantaneous kmpl, and they are accurate. I'm in love with this OBD-II port. It was long deserved and none of my previous 3 maruti's had it.

2. The left front door has already started rattling. I have not even changed the speakers and at 120 kms it started rattling

3. I know this is a 3 cylinder engine, so vibrations are welcome. Comparing with the 7000 kms+ test drive vehicle, my new car shakes while idling at ~700 RPM (btw, should it not be 800 RPM ?). I can feel the shakes at steering, brake pedal. Its so much that the shake pushes my legs up-down. I'm aware of pedal vibrations, but this is the first. Should I wait for 1000 kms to settle in ? Or, am I looking at mounting recall ?

4. To ensure proper run-in, i'm not exceeding 3000 RPM / 60 kmph. Have set alerts in torque app, that helps me in staying in boundary limits. I'm getting decent FE of 14-15 kmpl in city. I want to drive the wagon-R to my hometown (Bangalore-to-Ranchi is 2200 kms by road approx). Roundtrip is expected to be 5000 kms. Can I take my brand new vehicle for long drives - say 1000 kms a day - after completing the first service ? What things I should take care when driving after first service ? I mean factors like max top speed, max RPM.

5. Can someone help me with the following data:
a) Volumetric efficiency of K10 engine
b) Gear ratios of Wagon-R
c) Transmission loss (if possible)
I need this to help Torque app suggest me "verbally" on changing gears.

Last edited by devsoftech : 1st August 2013 at 11:52.
devsoftech is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti WagonR over Hyundai Eon? EDIT : Bought WagonR with ABS / Airbags BoneCollector Hatchbacks 35 22nd May 2015 11:49
2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED! RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 119 28th March 2013 14:16
Audi A6 facelift, S6 facelift, 580 bhp RS6 SEDAN unveiled sidindica The International Automotive Scene 8 12th August 2008 16:37
WagonR or Swift?(calling swift and wagonR owners) rajshenoy Hatchbacks 43 29th March 2007 09:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks