Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 20th January 2013, 09:22   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Honda rumored to bring the 9th Gen Civic to India

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
I Love the civic but after the one we have in India, the new one just seems like a grown up city and that, to me, is just a bit too drab. I'm sure the new civic is better than the one we have in every way imaginable, but I don't think it will be known as the benchmark in looks and technology and sheer wow-factor like the old civic was known for when it first came out (even up until a couple of years ago)
I completely agree here, while the upgrades would definitely take the car forward, i feel the car seems to have lost a lot of charm here. The older civic was far more forward looking and in that sense looked futuristic at that time. Same was the case with the interiors. If anything the new civic seems a lot more toned down which may not necessarily be a great thing.
Old 20th January 2013, 19:19   #17
BHPian

True that. I have the 2006 civic and I simply love it. 6 years and counting. Its still the best car for me within 12 lakhs.
Old 5th February 2013, 12:58   #18
BHPian

Yet another piece of information quote from oncars says that they are expecting the launch to happen in the festive season of Aug - Oct 2013.

Source: http://www.oncars.in/Honda-cars/Hond...-2013/13133518
Old 5th February 2013, 15:43   #19
BHPian

In this weeks Autocar show Hormarzd mentioned in the scoop section that Honda has officially phased out the current Civic and there are no plans to introduce the new one anytime soon
Old 5th February 2013, 18:26   #20
mxx
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyro View Post
In this weeks Autocar show Hormarzd mentioned in the scoop section that Honda has officially phased out the current Civic and there are no plans to introduce the new one anytime soon
+1
Autocar's scoops till date were fairly accurate. So unless there is some sort of official mention from honda or a test vehicle is spotted, I would rather believe autocar than oncars. After all autocar is an internationally reputed magazine and there are better chances of them getting insider info.
Old 5th February 2013, 20:11   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyro View Post
But why? If new model is not being launched, they could have left the current model just like that. What's the benefit from phasing out without a replacement?!
Old 5th February 2013, 20:19   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

But why? If new model is not being launched, they could have left the current model just like that. What's the benefit from phasing out without a replacement?!
The Civic sold in India was CKD? If so, that could be the reason for phasing out - no more kit available to assemble.
vb-san is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 20:53   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
The Civic sold in India was CKD? If so, that could be the reason for phasing out - no more kit available to assemble.
Forgot that! I hope they take this gap & hopefully Amaze's success too inspire to plan local manufacturing for next gen Civic allowing better profits for them and better prices for the customers!
Old 5th February 2013, 20:54   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
+1
Autocar's scoops till date were fairly accurate. So unless there is some sort of official mention from honda or a test vehicle is spotted, I would rather believe autocar than oncars. After all autocar is an internationally reputed magazine and there are better chances of them getting insider info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Sometime back there was such a rumor about Civic being discontinued. And this was confirmed to be a rumor by the VP of Honda Cars India, Mr. Jnaneswar Sen himself.

Quote:
2. There wes news of the Civic and the Accord being pulled off the market, your comments?
The Honda Civic and the Honda Accord are our flagship models in many markets including India and there are no plans for it being pulled off, they will be available to our buyers.
Source of his interview: http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...r-sen-9049.htm

Last edited by sarathlal : 5th February 2013 at 20:55.
Old 6th February 2013, 10:45   #25
mxx
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Sometime back there was such a rumor about Civic being discontinued. And this was confirmed to be a rumor by the VP of Honda Cars India, Mr. Jnaneswar Sen himself.
Despite the interview, I dont think new civics are being produced. Have you checked with the dealer?
Old 6th February 2013, 18:27   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

- The current-gen Civic has been phased out, after existing CKD kits stock has been exhausted (importing of kits had been stopped about 6-7 months back).

- The next-gen Civic (launched globally recently) might be launched in India sometime early next year, and not later this year, as per some rumors.

- Testing has already begun (see if you can spot some test mules around your area).

- No word on the diesel option yet.
Old 10th March 2013, 07:58   #27
R17
BHPian

The 2012 Civic was widely panned by all critics and it'll be a shame if Honda decides to bring that model to India.

Besides upgraded interiors and exteriors, the 2013 model has significant engineering changes in it, including a new front crash structure (ACE 2) which helps it cope with stricter crash norms, superior insulation, better ride and handling. Even if they decide to skimp on the interior goodies or features to comply with pricing norms, they should at least offer India the basic upgraded architecture.
Old 25th March 2013, 07:26   #28
BHPian

Any update on this? Are we seeing a launch this year?
Old 4th July 2013, 04:24   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Any update on this? Are we seeing a launch this year?
Sadly, it is a negative response on the fate of Civic in India, if at all these interviews are to be believed per se.

According to the interview with new CEO of Honda Cars India, Mr. Hironori Kanayama, Honda is not interested to invest in Civic's segment altogether and thereby will not bring the 9th gen Civic to us :(

Quote:
Q.4 Honda Civic was one of the 'Most Desired Vehicles' in India, what went wrong with the Civic? Any plans to relaunch it?

One must realize that the Civic segment has been declining for a very long time. The segment is now smaller than the number of Civics we used to sell a few years back. We are looking at newer and growing segments to increase our business. There is no plan for launch of new Civic.
Source: http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...yama-10539.htm
Old 4th July 2013, 12:55   #30
BHPian

Sad. So if any chance, it's only after 2015-16. Hopefully the model wi'll make a comeback. Civic with a diesel engine would work wonders.
Closed Thread