Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2013, 17:36   #136
BHPian
 
Blur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 169
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Sail (Sedan) Launched @ Rs. 4.99-7.51 Lakhs

A month past the launch and still no Official TBHP Review! Why the indifference?!
Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 18:49   #137
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Noida, Gurgaon
Posts: 438
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Sail (Sedan) Launched @ Rs. 4.99-7.51 Lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blur View Post
A month past the launch and still no Official TBHP Review! Why the indifference?!
Yes I am quite surprised as well. No Team-BHP review and verdict on the car even after about a month of launch .

I am in the game for a new sedan post this year's appraisals in july august and this car along with Amaze seems the right fit. I have heard from few friends that the car is running for more than "3 Months of Waiting period" for certain models (think he mentioned LS-ABS-Petrol). Seems a quite good start from Sail Sedan.
anu21v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 19:14   #138
Senior - BHPian
 
rajshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,847
Thanked: 624 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (10)
Default Re: Chevrolet Sail (Sedan) Launched @ Rs. 4.99-7.51 Lakhs

Its a community forum guys, Is there any owner of the car here ? why not create an ownership thread instead ?

I see couple of threads on Sail hatch, but yet to see any sedan story
rajshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 17:35   #139
BHPian
 
SoumenD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: B'lore
Posts: 277
Thanked: 346 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Sail (Sedan) Launched @ Rs. 4.99-7.51 Lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v View Post
.... I have heard from few friends that the car is running for more than "3 Months of Waiting period" for certain models (think he mentioned LS-ABS-Petrol). Seems a quite good start from Sail Sedan.
Yes, infact even I am eyeing this particular model(incase Ford repeats a New Fiesta story with the EcoSport pricing). As this looks the most VFM proposition.

Note : With Diesel-petrol pricing gap diminishing the petrol model sales are set to pick up.
SoumenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2013, 15:50   #140
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Noida, Gurgaon
Posts: 438
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Sail (Sedan) Launched @ Rs. 4.99-7.51 Lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Yes, infact even I am eyeing this particular model(incase Ford repeats a New Fiesta story with the EcoSport pricing). As this looks the most VFM proposition.

Note : With Diesel-petrol pricing gap diminishing the petrol model sales are set to pick up.
What I am also hearing (Though not sure) is that Chevy Sail is probably "The only car in country which is having a waiting period"; that too for so many months. No other car including the Swift/Dzire is on waiting and except Sail Sedan almost all the cars are available off the shelf. All the dealers of Maruti/Tata/Hyundai are neckfull of unsold stock and thats why we are seeing plethora of offers from Everyone (Incl the drop of prices by Tatas).

A real Good time to buy any car
anu21v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2013, 16:50   #141
Senior - BHPian
 
puchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 1,433
Thanked: 750 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Sail (Sedan) Launched @ Rs. 4.99-7.51 Lakhs

A waiting period might not necessarily be a show of popularity and roaring sales and can be owing to a number of reasons such as supply chain not being , production runs being limited etc , so not sure if i should read that as something positive.

And quite honestly i almost see this turning into a marketing gimmick for many companies , create an artificial waiting period to suggest popularity or keep discounts in check.
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2013, 13:16   #142
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Noida, Gurgaon
Posts: 438
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Sail (Sedan) Launched @ Rs. 4.99-7.51 Lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
A waiting period might not necessarily be a show of popularity and roaring sales and can be owing to a number of reasons such as supply chain not being , production runs being limited etc , so not sure if i should read that as something positive.

And quite honestly i almost see this turning into a marketing gimmick for many companies , create an artificial waiting period to suggest popularity or keep discounts in check.
In this case it looks like the demand has stripped their plans and which is why waiting period. Guess after UVa's lower volume their expectation would have been lower.

And i Agree, All these companies seemed to have played waiting period game for quite some time. Maruti for Swift and VW for Vento diesel are prime case, where even if the waiting period was less than 15 days, dealers invariably used to tell 3 to 6 month waiting period. If it is a gimmick then it would be first such gimmick from Chevy's
anu21v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2013, 19:58   #143
Senior - BHPian
 
puchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 1,433
Thanked: 750 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Sail (Sedan) Launched @ Rs. 4.99-7.51 Lakhs

Well if this is genuinely the case then good for GM , they are off to a good start in 2013 and hopefully this will prove to be a cash cow for them , lets see what the next month sales analysis thread has to show for GM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v View Post
In this case it looks like the demand has stripped their plans and which is why waiting period.
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2013, 02:09   #144
BHPian
 
vivekgk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 652
Thanked: 378 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Sail (Sedan) Launched @ Rs. 4.99-7.51 Lakhs

Can anybody here please provide the wheel size and PCD for the Sail (sedan and hatch)? Is it 14 inch, 4x100 PCD? Or have they still continued with the old 4x114.3? (for which it is impossible to find decent alloys!)
vivekgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2013, 12:00   #145
Senior - BHPian
 
puchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 1,433
Thanked: 750 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Sail (Sedan) Launched @ Rs. 4.99-7.51 Lakhs

Wheels & Tyres
Wheel 14 X 5.5J 14 X 5.5J
Tyre Size 175/70 R14 175/70 R14
Type Tubeless Tubeless

http://www.chevrolet.co.in/sail-seda...ification.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Can anybody here please provide the wheel size and PCD for the Sail (sedan and hatch)? Is it 14 inch, 4x100 PCD? Or have they still continued with the old 4x114.3? (for which it is impossible to find decent alloys!)
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 15:58   #146
BHPian
 
vivekgk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 652
Thanked: 378 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Sail (Sedan) Launched @ Rs. 4.99-7.51 Lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Wheels & Tyres
Wheel 14 X 5.5J 14 X 5.5J
Tyre Size 175/70 R14 175/70 R14
Type Tubeless Tubeless

http://www.chevrolet.co.in/sail-seda...ification.html
Thanks for the wheel/tyre size, but what I really need is the PCD.
vivekgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 16:15   #147
Senior - BHPian
 
puchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 1,433
Thanked: 750 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Sail (Sedan) Launched @ Rs. 4.99-7.51 Lakhs

Not official Chevrolet website , but probably reasonably accurate



http://vesteon.en.alibaba.com/produc...loy_Wheel.html

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=in



Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Thanks for the wheel/tyre size, but what I really need is the PCD.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2013, 20:09   #148
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Banglore
Posts: 321
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Sail (Sedan) Launched @ Rs. 4.99-7.51 Lakhs

A short comparison between Sail sedan, Dzire and Etios (NDTV CNB show).

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/fromndtv/268028
kavu75 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2013, 15:14   #149
BHPian
 
Eminenttismo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: 18.00N,79.58E
Posts: 330
Thanked: 315 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Sail (Sedan) Launched @ Rs. 4.99-7.51 Lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Thanks for the wheel/tyre size, but what I really need is the PCD.
4x100PCD, It is.

http://www.dhgate.com/14-5-inches-ch...21b0d37d8.html
Eminenttismo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 22:24   #150
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: RJ-19 / UK-07
Posts: 238
Thanked: 250 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Sail (Sedan) Launched @ Rs. 4.99-7.51 Lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
A short comparison between Sail sedan, Dzire and Etios (NDTV CNB show).

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/fromndtv/268028
Siddarth Patankar likes the styling and pegs the handling better than that of the Dzire diesel - that's saying a lot! He also labels it "fun to drive". So with the following attributes , namely....

1. The Fiat Multijet (FGT I presume) at a higher state of tune than the Dzire (77PS compared to Dzire's 75),
2. Sorted ride & handling,
3. Pleasing, neutral looks,
4. An obviously bigger boot compared to Dzire (though at 376 litres, it remains to be seen how much will it accomodate - we're waiting for the official review here ) and most importantly ,
5. Intelligent pricing,

...are we seeing the makings of a Dzire killer at this juncture? Has Chevy finally got it right? For the sake of us cutomers we surely hope so!

Last edited by Ironhide : 14th March 2013 at 22:37.
Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chevrolet issues recall for 1.3L SMARTEC diesel Sail U-VA & sedan volkman10 The Indian Car Scene 49 21st September 2013 20:23
SCOOP: Chevrolet Sail *Sedan* spied testing. Clear PICS on Page 9, 11, 18 & 20 Mpower The Indian Car Scene 407 1st February 2013 14:33
China : Chevrolet Sail sedan launched thainogkok The International Automotive Scene 0 11th January 2010 07:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:46.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks