Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 3rd January 2008, 17:16   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Madam Mansi - I can clearly see passion for automobiles in you. I request you to read my post above (number 42) and please give your comments. It will benefit you and everybody passionate about cars and customer care.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2008, 17:27   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Madam Mansi - I can clearly see passion for automobiles in you. I request you to read my post above (number 42) and please give your comments. It will benefit you and everybody passionate about cars and customer care.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
yes i did read your post and i do agree with you at certain points but now with so much online forums and best one like ours even lay person is enlightened and wants everything best.

as you rightly mentioned customer is the king and now he wants much more because he know he has every right to get it.

my two cents.

Mansi
manaa45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2008, 17:29   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenidhibr View Post
Nice writeup, contained quite a few facts unknown to me. Thanks for sharing.

You will still learn more if you take your service advisor for a cup of tea or smoke about the internal working of the organisation, It works for me sometimes.
lambuhere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2008, 17:35   #49
PVS
BHPian

This is one of an article of its kind - well written and precise. An insider's vikew of life at a Maruti Authorized Service Centre. Good Work manaa, well worth the effort!!
PVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2008, 17:50   #50
BHPian

Great write up Manaa. What a time too, I was planning to leave my car for servicing tomorrow. I know what to look ou for....
manojgautham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2008, 18:08   #51
Senior - BHPian

Excellent writeup Manaa,

One quick question: In all your time at Maruti, did you come across any mods that altered FE dramatically? Like did you ever come across a Grooved engine or any add ons that dramatically increased power or FE? Do the Maruti certified mechanics perceive any benefit from add on filters, exhausts etc....?

Any tips on increasing FE or power that you might have stumbled on while you with MASS would be appreciated....

Cheers!!!
Lalvaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2008, 20:30   #52
BHPian

Thank you manaa for this excellent writeup and thank you Crazy_driver for bringing this up into attention. First service is due in the near future for my car and I have noted down all your advice.
BomBatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2008, 13:49   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Excellent writeup Manaa,

One quick question: In all your time at Maruti, did you come across any mods that altered FE dramatically? Like did you ever come across a Grooved engine or any add ons that dramatically increased power or FE? Do the Maruti certified mechanics perceive any benefit from add on filters, exhausts etc....?

Any tips on increasing FE or power that you might have stumbled on while you with MASS would be appreciated....

Cheers!!!
i was working at Mass way back in 2000 and afaik there werent much mods being done to cars at that time like they are done now to esteem or zen. i mean in my 9 month stint i hadnt come across any, so i am sorry, i cant put much light on this.
Old 5th January 2008, 15:18   #54
BHPian

Thanks for the excellent writup Mansi.

Are you still in the Auto line or did the IT boom catch one more fish?
Proxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2008, 16:04   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Are you still in the Auto line or did the IT boom catch one more fish?
i am lucky enuf not to get caught by IT industry. though i have left service industry job i still am connected to automotive industry as we are manufacturing and exporting aftermarket moulded rubber products to automotive industry.

Mansi
Old 7th January 2008, 11:02   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear lalvaz - your question on maruti mods - try a maruti van idler fuel jet and a maruti zen venturi in a maruti 800 carburettor and see what happens. I don't need MASS to do such things. I have been using this combination for years. But alas ! Tell these things to the official channels and both of us know what happens.

KUCH BOLNEKA NAHIN - SIRF KARNEKA !

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2008, 11:39   #57
Senior - BHPian

hi manna,
Good to know about you. Infact my story is similar to that of yours. I started my career with dealerships, then worked with automobile corporate and now with a management consulting firm. Infact i was heading customer care department of a Mahindra dealership in hyderabad. Handling customers is not an easy job and requires lot of passion and patience. Following my good and not so good experiences i make it a point to be a good customer rahther than a bad customer. At the same time i being from the same feild i dont let people take me for a ride.

It is not easy to face an irate customer but it is equally glad to meet a delighted customer. What i have learnt working for an indian automobile firm is that they have pulled up thier scoks, their product is as good as anybody else, but quality & relibility needs to be improved compared to japanese competition.

Good to know that we have one common thing in us....passion for automobiles

regards
vinod
vinod_nookala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2008, 20:15   #58
BHPian

Great write up Manna,
The article still holds good today as far as the internal workings of dealerships go, what I have noticed is that most dealerships have either relatives or people from the same geographical area, not necessary native to that part of the country, makes things go along much smoother, everyone of them is calibrated on the same thing, sometimes makes you wonder whether you actually know something about cars.
Vinaygv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2008, 14:31   #59

great write up.. very informative

Last edited by Samurai : 9th January 2008 at 15:59. Reason: don't quote the whole post
r_subbiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 01:43   #60
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the great writeup.

Going to buy my first car (most probably Maruti Alto LXI) and tips will help me in talking to dealers.
NetfreakBombay is offline   Reply With Quote