Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 11th February 2013, 11:59   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Pics : The hideous Cheetah-themed XUV5OO

I believe this is ONLY for marketing of their customization team & promotions. Those who usually go for custom paint are the boy racers; don't think they will touch this with a barge pole!
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2013, 22:32   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Pics : The hideous Cheetah-themed XUV5OO

As most of us have mentioned, it looks hideous!

Why give an already cheetah inspired object an overdose of the same treatment? They should instead focus their efforts towards ironing out the niggles based on customer feedback (which they have been consistently but hey, there's always scope for improvement, right? )

I, personally don't think this would be on sale and if, it indeed is, do expect a lot of these being driven around. Why? This is similar to one of the blunders which Maruti did with the "PINK" Estilo and I have seen a lot of them on the roads as well! And, it's hot property that we are discussing here, haha!

-Shivang Gandotra
MetalBuff is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2013, 22:39   #18
BHPian

that looks bad , can scare the hell out of small children , may I humbly suggest an addition that can accentuate the bad looks

carlashes - http://www.amazon.com/Carlashes-Eyel...=eyelashes+car
mazda4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2013, 23:48   #19
BHPian

I like the cheetah artwork and I like the car, I just don't like them together!

Why are our local manufacturers struggling with design, I am not an industry insider but is design talent so expensive? What are the constraints here?

The XUV platform is solid base for Mahindra, its extremely stable at high speeds and that has to be a significant engineering achievement given other global makers struggle with this. It's the design and reliability that short of comes short. Improvements here can accelerate global success.
raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2013, 14:00   #20
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra must have not looked at options available in the Need for Speed series. Customization is for people who want something different - nothing wrong with that!
But something this garish and loud is surely an eyesore. I hope we don't see many "cheetahs" running around town any sooner...
9thsphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2013, 19:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
You seem to have missed the TOI MIMS 2013 coverage where it was available for personal experience and looks quite different than these pics, though subject to ones liking, but it does look quite striking, available in thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...an-2013-a.html (TOI Mumbai International Motor Show 24th - 27th Jan 2013).
Wonder what their design,aesthetics and brand teams are up to!
I have met their Design Head and she seemed a smart person. Yes the overall, blingy, over the top,flashy design of the XUV may not appeal to the sophisticated consumer but judging by its success it seems to have captured the hearts of the average Indian car buyer.
However, this Cheetah decorative job on that poor XUV is another thing entirely! I am thinking it is just a Polyvinyl Skin which can be peeled off and it was probably created just to make an impression and reinforce the Cheetah inspired design etc.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2013, 19:47   #22
BHPian

Oh dear, I will be more surprised if some one pays to get this. Company showcasing stuff is one thing, some one laying down the Moolah is a whole different story.

One thing though instead of showcasing how they have fixed the numerous errors and problems on the car, they are fixating on this. Thank God the American media does not care so much about Mahindra otherwise the heading "Cougars of the world unite" would have been so apt.
eq24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2013, 23:54   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
The in-house modification division of Mahindra decided that the XUV-5OO was not cheetah(ish) enough.

So they came up with this :-

Attachment 1049228

Attachment 1049229

Attachment 1049230

I have just one question...WHY???

For more pics and info :-
http://www.mahindraxuv500.com/Cheetah-Themed-XUV500.htm

Is Mr.J.S. Nanda still the head of the customization department at M&M?
Wow, the cheetah looks really sad. I think it has realized just how horrible it has made the car look
vivekgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2013, 06:23   #24
BHPian

First of all i do not understand relation between an xuv500 and a cheetah. Cheetah is sleek and agile while this a suv, looks butch, togh and mean.
Looking at the pics on the first post made me realize how off the thinking of the designer is.
Completely hate it.
vikrantj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2013, 08:19   #25
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
First of all i do not understand relation between an xuv500 and a cheetah. Cheetah is sleek and agile while this a suv, looks butch, togh and mean.
Looking at the pics on the first post made me realize how off the thinking of the designer is.
Completely hate it.
Here's the relation:
Name:  inspiration2.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  30.7 KB

More details about the inspiration:
http://mahindraxuv500.com/product/designinspiration.htm

Enjoy!

Last edited by SDP : 23rd February 2013 at 08:22.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2013, 10:56   #26
BHPian

Funny, looks like XUV with chicken pox. The Ads aired on TV also have this cheetah connection. The ads are not as bad as this new skin. Are these really on sale !?
man_and_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2013, 11:24   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Here's the relation:
Attachment 1054703

More details about the inspiration:
http://mahindraxuv500.com/product/designinspiration.htm

Enjoy!
Well ok if Mahindra says so then it must be Cheetah inspired. LR Evoque fits the form drawn below that running cheetah more than XUV500. And this is my personal opinion.
vikrantj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2013, 11:39   #28
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
Well ok if Mahindra says so then it must be Cheetah inspired. LR Evoque fits the form drawn below that running cheetah more than XUV500. And this is my personal opinion.
LR Evoque reminds me of a crocodile.

Anyways, these are all marketing gimmicks. If they manage to associate the brand with a particular image and if most people have positive vibes about that image, the brand has scored on 'retention' front.

You must have seen the SuperBowl ads. The Chrysler 'Half time' ad and the way Jeep tried to associate itself with US-Defense forces is again part of the same strategy. Since the people of the US-Defense forces is a soft-corner for the US population, Jeep can benefit by associating the brand with the US-Defense forces.

Last edited by SDP : 23rd February 2013 at 11:40.
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2013, 17:00   #29
BHPian

Can we have the choice to make it fluorescent to add to the hideosity of this thing
C300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 12:23   #30
BHPian

I just saw this thread and it looks more hideous than the bright yellow/red coloured Scorpio Sport launched several years ago. Seems a cheetah has sh#t all over the car
Bomi is offline   Reply With Quote