Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 5th February 2014, 10:47   #166
BHPian

Default re: Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.

The pricing is way too high. This means 35-36 L on road for 4WD Auto in Delhi.
My apologies, but I am not buying a BMW or a Benz.
Benefit: Toyota Fortuner
Hiteshs77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 10:55   #167
BHPian

Default re: Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.

Looking at the advertisement on the TOI as well as the Auto Expo pics, looks like the sunroof & GPS have not made it to India & we only get the smaller 4.3 inch screen. Also the prices look a little too steep. For a 4x2 AT the Fortuner @ 23.4 L ex showroom is 4 L cheaper
vkaul1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 11:33   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Some pics from the launch, courtesy IAB.

RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 11:57   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
Looking at the advertisement on the TOI as well as the Auto Expo pics, looks like the sunroof & GPS have not made it to India & we only get the smaller 4.3 inch screen. Also the prices look a little too steep. For a 4x2 AT the Fortuner @ 23.4 L ex showroom is 4 L cheaper
Bad pricing! Should have started ta 22 or so .

It was the most powerful of the SUV lot with 20-30lac but still dint sell much.

And I feel sorry to those who spend that much money on a Fortuner to get a SUV that rides bad.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 12:08   #170
BHPian

Out of reach and not value for money as as I am concerned. Was hoping for an on road pricing of <25 lacs :(

Disappointed with no GPS and the sun roof. The european version has a nice big sunroof. But the top-end version has loads of safety features for which Hyundai should be commended. But in my opinion should have been made available in all the versions.
Old 5th February 2014, 12:12   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlferrari View Post
Out of reach and not value for money as as I am concerned. Was hoping for an on road pricing of <25 lacs :(

Disappointed with no GPS and the sun roof. The european version has a nice big sunroof. But the top-end version has loads of safety features for which Hyundai should be commended. But in my opinion should have been made available in all the versions.
I will be almost 37 L in Bangalore for the top end version. Way beyond what one can pay for a Hyundai. i was so tempted seeing the ad. Now the price makes me cringe
Old 5th February 2014, 12:35   #172
BHPian

What do these guys think or smoke when they announce such prices, its Hyundai not Mercedes.

What is going to happen is inevitably more Fortuners are going to sell, Toyota sensing no real competition will make no serious changes to the car and the few sorry people who buy Santa Fe's to stand out or maybe they like the car are going to cringe when inventory clearing discounts are announced.

The Audi Q3 and the BMW X1 are cheaper in Delhi than this car, agreed they are different products but still, if this was a 7 seater, it could still be forgiven but for what is on offer, Hyundai has missed another opportunity.

BTW this car starts at 25,000 USD in the USA so around 14 lakhs converted, what makes them think we will pay more than double.
Old 5th February 2014, 13:10   #173
BHPian

Santa fe certainly will meet the same fate as existing model at this high price- exorbitant. Let's hear from someone who was waiting for launch to buy and his views after a test drive. T FORT , BMW etc are worth the prices if compared with Santa fe prices.
Old 5th February 2014, 13:17   #174
BHPian

Nice looking and feature packed but definitely way too expensive.
Fortuner is still a better deal.
Old 5th February 2014, 14:13   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Santa fe certainly will meet the same fate as existing model at this high price- exorbitant. Let's hear from someone who was waiting for launch to buy and his views after a test drive. T FORT , BMW etc are worth the prices if compared with Santa fe prices.
I had a definite plan to buy and actually waited for 4 months for this launch. The 2WD models are stripped of the safety features and other kit. The only model which comes loaded is 4WD Auto. At this price, a test drive makes no sense. I could actually add 6-7 L more and buy a Beemer 5 series!!
Old 5th February 2014, 14:29   #176
BHPian

Why I'm not surprised to see the announced price. I had in-fact predicted these about a year ago myself ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
It is a well rounded package but probably wouldn't find many takers based on how Hyundai has priced earlier Santa Fe. I wouldn't be surprised to see a fully loaded example retailing for near 30L INR (ex-showroom).
Anyway. Apart from the price the merits of this car still remain. I don't see the point of lower two versions however where the safety features have been compromised on account of the cost. This pricing does kills the enthusiasm to some extent. Now I'll be looking to change my current Santa-Fe only if the fit-finish/interiors and dynamics are substantially superior to the last gen. Also off-topic but waiting for the new X5 launch also.
Old 5th February 2014, 16:25   #177
Senior - BHPian

the price is really a dampner. This is priced above fortuner and dangerously close to the Audi Q series SUV.

The Q3S retails for around 33 OTR which is same as in Santa Fe Territory. Audi brand appeal is much more than a Santa Fe even thoughsanta fe features are miles ahead than what is offered on the Q3S. X1 might be a contender if Estate-ish looks are fine. X1 wins just for the brand image of a BMW

Other than features & interiors, does any one see anything that a Santa Fe is superior to than a fortuner?

Last edited by scopriobharath : 5th February 2014 at 16:28.
Old 5th February 2014, 17:18   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Other than features & interiors, does any one see anything that a Santa Fe is superior to than a fortuner?
Better dynamics, power, refinement and most importantly safety to name some.
entropy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 17:30   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
the price is really a dampner. This is priced above fortuner and dangerously close to the Audi Q series SUV.
The pricing is quite on the higher side. Like you said, a base 2WD Q3 S MT carries an ex- showroom tag of 26.15L in my place whereas Hyundai asks 75k more for a 2WD MT Santa Fe. It might not be fair to compare a Q3 with Santa Fe as the latter is much larger, spacious & powerful than the former, but one can't still help a comparison.

And while the quality levels on the Santa Fe looks to be excellent in the pictures, IMO the interiors are not posh enough.
Yeldo is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 17:59   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post

Better dynamics, power, refinement and most importantly safety to name some.
I wouldn't comment on dynamics and refinement until I read the official tbhp review.

Hyundai cars aren't exactly the flag bearers for dynamics.
Closed Thread