Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 27th February 2013, 19:31   #16
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.

This is the only car that Honda should be worried about. Similar level of comfort, refinement and it's a diesel. CR-V will have a very tough time with this car out in the market.
Old 27th February 2013, 19:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
This is the only car that Honda should be worried about. Similar level of comfort, refinement and it's a diesel. CR-V will have a very tough time with this car out in the market.
Honda has a brand value and CR-V is a name by itself. Hyundai is associated with entry level cars (Santro, i10 etc) so i doubt if Honda's sale would be dented by Santa-Fe.

Also-santa fe sells at a 10 lac premium in OTR prices compared to CR-V. CRV retails for 23 ish OTR but the fluidic Santa Fe would retail for 30 ish OTR.
Old 27th February 2013, 20:49   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Honda has a brand value and CR-V is a name by itself. Hyundai is associated with entry level cars (Santro, i10 etc) so i doubt if Honda's sale would be dented by Santa-Fe...
I believe Santa Fe has sold really well with the current gen. That very much explains most of the dealership's attitude in NOT providing any TDs and also the waiting periods.

Quote:
Also-santa fe sells at a 10 lac premium in OTR prices compared to CR-V. CRV retails for 23 ish OTR but the fluidic Santa Fe would retail for 30 ish OTR.
Probably the premium might help Honda, otherwise am sure with the new gen, Santa Fe will do fairly well even at a 10L+ price over CRV.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 27th February 2013 at 20:55.
Old 27th February 2013, 21:37   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Honda has a brand value and CR-V is a name by itself. Hyundai is associated with entry level cars (Santro, i10 etc) so i doubt if Honda's sale would be dented by Santa-Fe.
That perception was old. If that were the case then why is the Fluidic Verna the highes selling sedan in the segment month on month and why does the New Fluidic Elantra outsell the Civic, Altis, Jetta and Laura?

Even the old Santa Fe not only outsold the CR-V, it put in better numbers than the Koleos and X-trail.

Quote:
23ish OTR is only for the base 2L model.

Hyundai is no longer associated with cheap small cars. Take a look at the Santa Fe reviews internationally and you will see that it is best in class product.

Only SUV in the segment to feature multiple drive modes for steering (comfort, normal and Sorts). 2.2L CRDI motor with 197PS. Even if they price it at a premium the diesel motor and new fluidic styling will pull a lot of people towards the Santa Fe.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2013, 12:25   #20
BHPian

Quote:

That perception was old. If that were the case then why is the Fluidic Verna the highes selling sedan in the segment month on month and why does the New Fluidic Elantra outsell the Civic, Altis, Jetta and Laura?

Even the old Santa Fe not only outsold the CR-V, it put in better numbers than the Koleos and X-trail.

23ish OTR is only for the base 2L model.

Hyundai is no longer associated with cheap small cars. Take a look at the Santa Fe reviews internationally and you will see that it is best in class product.

Only SUV in the segment to feature multiple drive modes for steering (comfort, normal and Sorts). 2.2L CRDI motor with 197PS. Even if they price it at a premium the diesel motor and new fluidic styling will pull a lot of people towards the Santa Fe.
You are forgetting the price advantage. In all cases where Hyundai is able to sell as much as its competition, it is either better prices or at the same level as others. If they price Santa Fe also at the same level as even FORTUNER, there may be still hope
Old 28th February 2013, 13:05   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajit_72 View Post
You are forgetting the price advantage. In all cases where Hyundai is able to sell as much as its competition, it is either better prices or at the same level as others. If they price Santa Fe also at the same level as even FORTUNER, there may be still hope
Ofcourse it all depends on the price but obviously there will be a premium even when compared to the Fortuner.

And just for comparison, the Verna is the most expensive sedan in the category and the Elantra is priced below the Laura and Jetta but still more than the Altis.
Old 5th March 2013, 18:18   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Ofcourse it all depends on the price but obviously there will be a premium even when compared to the Fortuner.

And just for comparison, the Verna is the most expensive sedan in the category and the Elantra is priced below the Laura and Jetta but still more than the Altis.
If they could price below Fortuner, then they really have a winner. The fluid design is more modern and I think, I am one among them who could wait to have an 'eye' on it.

Any guess why Ford is delaying the all new Endy?
Old 6th March 2013, 21:53   #23
BHPian

Some more pics of the scoop.The storme edge fluidic design philosophy from Hyundai looks like a stonker.Definitely can turn eyeballs.

P.S :The Padmaja Srinivasan you see in GTO's opening post is me.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-photo0418.jpg  

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-photo0419.jpg  

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-photo0420.jpg  

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-photo0424.jpg  

Achyuth Vaibhav is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 10:37   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
To me, Hyundai is doing just as good as the Japs or even better!! Trust me the New Santa Fe looks so much more better than the Honda CR-V and find it so difficult to accept the fact that none of the reviews have ever highlighted the ugly rear of the new CR-V and have kept praising the overall design!!
Couldn't agree more. The new CRV has one of the lousiest rears and I'm stunned that no one has even made a mention of it. Even when seen sideways it looks so weird. I feel even Tata Aria has a much better rear.

On the contrary, Santa Fe looks gorgeous from all angles. If Hyundai can get the ride and handling sorted out and offer good 6 or 7 speed Auto transmission, then it is sure to set the sales charts on fire.
Old 7th March 2013, 12:58   #25
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

The current effort to sell the Santa fe in India can at best be described as a Trial, if they are serious they need to bring it in for local manufacturing / assembly like the Fortuner and price it in the same ball park.

I would choose the new Santa fe over the Fortuner provided it was in the same price range. The CRV is an also ran and will never match the numbers of either with it's pricing.

The new Santa Fe really looks cool and this is now a globally proven sub brand. It can do really well here and in the long run get even Hyundai an even higher / premium positioning if they get the pricing and hence numbers right.
Old 8th March 2013, 06:09   #26
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Arrow Scoop pic - Looks like the new Santa Fe

We saw this test-mule near Chennai a few hours back. On the first glance, I thought it must be Ford EcoSport undergoing some road test since the tail lamp cluster and the rear hatch designs matched. But on closer examination, I found the spare wheel was mounted on the underbody and ORVM attached to the window glass frame, leading to confusion. Oh, it was Hyundai Santa Fe. Fine. Thanks a lot, benbsb29 for the prompt action. I found it to be very powerful. The test driver was zooming in triple-digit speeds. I chased it and overtook it to enable my son click some side profile.

Here are the pics:

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-img_0613.jpg

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-img_0614.jpg

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-img_0617.jpg

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-img_0619.jpg

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-img_0623.jpg

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-img_0624.jpg

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-img_0625.jpg

Last edited by J.Ravi : 8th March 2013 at 06:48.
J.Ravi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 17:22   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Scanned the net for images of the new Santa Fe.

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-2013hyundaisantafeeu1.jpg

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-2013_hyundai_santa_fe_australia_04b0912.jpg

Source : http://www.themotorreport.com.au/549...e-in-australia

http://www.turkeycarblog.com/2013/01...-en-guvenlisi/

Quite a handsome softroader I must say. The design certainly is more appealing than the quirky new CRV. I thought the Hyundai was supposed to be quirky?
Old 8th March 2013, 17:30   #28
Team-BHP Support

These new set of pictures confirm that India will get the 5 seater variant and not the 7 seater one. The 7 seater one is distinctly longer.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 23:24   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
These new set of pictures confirm that India will get the 5 seater variant and not the 7 seater one. The 7 seater one is distinctly longer.
Viddy, I think we will get the 7 seater with normal length (5 seater abroad). There also is another variant which is LWB model (abroad) which is a 7 seater. Not sure you wrote the same or did you want to mention what we get can seat ONLY 5?
Old 9th March 2013, 10:00   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Viddy, I think we will get the 7 seater with normal length (5 seater abroad). There also is another variant which is LWB model (abroad) which is a 7 seater. Not sure you wrote the same or did you want to mention what we get can seat ONLY 5?
Is there a model that is short length but 7 seats? I always thought it was either 5 seater short length or 7 seater long one.

Fitting 3rd row in short length will be very tight unless it is already being sold somewhere else in that configuration.
Closed Thread