Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2013, 11:27   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
DCEite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,045
Thanked: 476 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Tata Nano - Lots of updates!

Is the battery still inside the cabin?
DCEite is offline  
Old 8th April 2013, 11:44   #32
BHPian
 
Viju's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Narita
Posts: 866
Thanked: 1,631 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Tata Nano - Lots of updates!

When we got our 2012 Nano LX Special Edition in beginning March, I had talked to some of my friends in TML to check if it was worth waiting for the 2013 update.

Some of the information I got was:
1. Openable tailgate will come with Diesel version - launch in January 2014.
2. 3 cylinder petrol engine project is currently shelved. May be revived for export. Will be too costly for domestic.
3. All functional improvements (cabin NVH, steering tightness reduction by changing to column with nylon sleeve) have been incorporated in 2012 model (not sure if this was a running change during 2012).

I bought a vehicle from December 2012 lot. Just wanted to make sure that all updates done during 2012 were incorporated in my vehicle.

Coming to the 2013 Nano, the updated bumpers look good. The new dash and especially the glove boxes and speakers look really good! The "glove-boxes" fitted in my car are horrible in quality. The one on the passenger side has some warp / gap between the lid and the box even in closed condition. The edges are sharp and you could cut your fingers if you are not careful.

The speakers at the back are really inadequate. Do wish for front speakers. On a long drive, only the rear passengers could listen to the music. Every time I accelerated, all I could hear was the engine boom. But with all these, I love the car to bits. Waiting for wifey to perfect her driving skills to hand over my Ritz and take possession of the Nano. Love driving it, but within the city limits only. Highways are tiring for the driver!

Last edited by Viju : 8th April 2013 at 11:45.
Viju is online now  
Old 8th April 2013, 11:45   #33
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,749
Thanked: 9,167 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Tata Nano - Lots of updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Any info on the specs? Is it a two cylinder or 3 cylinder engine?

Sounds better than the current petrol? That's good to know. Even if it sounds as loud as the current petrol, it would be acceptable for a diesel, IMO.

On a different note, info on the 2013 Nano launch dates and the much reported 3 Cylinder petrol Nano?
No other info about specs as the person concerned i was with was from the Plastics team.

I am going to visit them soon, shall try to see what more info i get

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Is the battery still inside the cabin?
Couldnt check that, but will be pleasant to see better packaging of the same in the upcoming facelift.

Last edited by karan561 : 8th April 2013 at 11:49.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 13:03   #34
BHPian
 
djpeesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 605
Thanked: 735 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Tata Nano - Lots of updates!

So the Pixel may soon be on our roads... Or at least some bits of it (hopefully intact)

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...tag-flops.html
djpeesh is online now  
Old 29th April 2013, 16:22   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
safari_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bengaluru / Bagdal
Posts: 1,058
Thanked: 377 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Tata Nano - Lots of updates!

Overdrive has caught the 2013 Nano, during what seems like an ad shoot. So are we nearing a launch?

From the pics it can be seen that the new Nano would have chrome at the front and back. Vents at the back. The report confirms that the tail gate can be opened.

http://www.overdrive.in/details/3277...asked-pictures

Last edited by safari_lover : 29th April 2013 at 16:24.
safari_lover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 16:27   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
VeluM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,297
Thanked: 664 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Overdrive has caught the 2013 Nano, during what seems like an ad shoot. So are we nearing a launch?

From the pics it can be seen that the new Nano would have chrome at the front and back. Vents at the back. The report confirms that the tail gate can be opened.

http://www.overdrive.in/details/3277...asked-pictures
Doesn't look like the tailgate can be opened. Correct me if I am wrong, cos I don't see any key hole or visible struts inside.
VeluM is offline  
Old 29th April 2013, 16:27   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
amtak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai - The city of Sea Link!!!
Posts: 2,782
Thanked: 342 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Tata Nano - Lots of updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Overdrive has caught the 2013 Nano, during what seems like an ad shoot. So are we nearing a launch?

From the pics it can be seen that the new Nano would have chrome at the front and back. Vents at the back. The report confirms that the tail gate can be opened.

http://www.overdrive.in/details/3277...asked-pictures
How? I don't see any latches or locking mechanism on the tailgate for it to open? But I am genuinely in love with the Blue color that the car would come with.

IMHO, they should have used Blue car instead of Papaya Orange.
amtak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 17:03   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
safari_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bengaluru / Bagdal
Posts: 1,058
Thanked: 377 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Tata Nano - Lots of updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Doesn't look like the tailgate can be opened. Correct me if I am wrong, cos I don't see any key hole or visible struts inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
How? I don't see any latches or locking mechanism on the tailgate for it to open?
This is what the report says about the tail gate.

Quote:
What we could not see was a rear release for the hatch which we now know can be opened up unlike before. That only means a release will be found inside the car under the driver's seat.

Last edited by safari_lover : 29th April 2013 at 17:15.
safari_lover is offline  
Old 29th April 2013, 17:27   #39
BHPian
 
Mr.Beat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 336
Thanked: 122 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Tata Nano - Lots of updates!

I have always loved the little car. It is something to be proud of. The 2013 Nano looks awesome, especially in the blue and the chrome will help in distinguishing the car exteriorly from the previous gens. Having said that, all i am waiting for TATA is to get in the diesel engine and take on competition.
Mr.Beat is offline  
Old 29th April 2013, 21:43   #40
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chennai/ KSA
Posts: 242
Thanked: 101 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Tata Nano - Lots of updates!

Totally agree with Mr. Beat! The Nano is something which India need to be very proud of. It may not be selling in great numbers but as the product evolves it will definitely prove to be a good second car for every household that needs one. I too am waiting for the Diesel engine to be launched.
Regards,
Ashok
ashphil is offline  
Old 30th April 2013, 11:23   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
aniketi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,270
Thanked: 711 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Tata Nano - Lots of updates!

These are certainly nice changes. But IMHO, what Nano need is a better engine. Its a good engine but its not silent like Maruti 800 has, it has more vibrations & it make putter putter noise which people dont like. Also as many people said, they should add power steering to it. It will make Nano a much better car. Practically Nano is best car available in the market. It is small so less parking issues, turning radius is small, easy to maneuver in the city congested roads, very good internal spacing, good mileage etc. So if Tata can take care of these issues & market it well, i am sure Nano can touch sales of 10 K per month. Common Tata, make a last try for the dream car. I will go for one if i get these things

Last edited by aniketi : 30th April 2013 at 11:24.
aniketi is offline  
Old 30th April 2013, 16:29   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
amtak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai - The city of Sea Link!!!
Posts: 2,782
Thanked: 342 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Tata Nano - Lots of updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
I have always loved the little car. It is something to be proud of. The 2013 Nano looks awesome, especially in the blue and the chrome will help in distinguishing the car exteriorly from the previous gens. Having said that, all i am waiting for TATA is to get in the diesel engine and take on competition.
Yes. Blue is the new shade that I have started loving. Brings in freshness in the market than those dull brown and greys. Not too sure about the chrome though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashphil View Post
Totally agree with Mr. Beat! The Nano is something which India need to be very proud of. It may not be selling in great numbers but as the product evolves it will definitely prove to be a good second car for every household that needs one. I too am waiting for the Diesel engine to be launched.
Regards,
Ashok
Yes. Agree with you in totallity. I have a Nano 2012 and i like to drive it more than my Zen and Estilo. Its a sheer driving machine with simple mechanicals and FTD factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
These are certainly nice changes. But IMHO, what Nano need is a better engine. Its a good engine but its not silent like Maruti 800 has, it has more vibrations & it make putter putter noise which people dont like. Also as many people said, they should add power steering to it. It will make Nano a much better car. Practically Nano is best car available in the market. It is small so less parking issues, turning radius is small, easy to maneuver in the city congested roads, very good internal spacing, good mileage etc. So if Tata can take care of these issues & market it well, i am sure Nano can touch sales of 10 K per month. Common Tata, make a last try for the dream car. I will go for one if i get these things
Yes. A power steering is the only thing that is missing in the car; rest all the necessary features are already there in the car. Smaller turning radius is a boon for city parking slots. I can park my car where others don't dream of going as well
amtak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 09:21   #43
BHPian
 
rrsteer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 144022
Posts: 940
Thanked: 893 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Tata Nano - Lots of updates!

While we wait for new models of Nano, here is one disturbing news from the old one:

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2013/20130503/main6.htm
rrsteer is offline  
Old 3rd May 2013, 10:42   #44
Distinguished - BHPian
 
saket77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 3,189
Thanked: 4,212 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Tata Nano - Lots of updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
While we wait for new models of Nano, here is one disturbing news from the old one:

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2013/20130503/main6.htm
Sad, but the article does not says anything about the problem the car developed. However, if the customer's version is true, then the ruling should bring down the million-dollar attitude to these guys.
saket77 is offline  
Old 13th May 2013, 19:59   #45
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 193
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Tata Nano - Lots of updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
Nice to see tata coming up with changes. Liked the speakers on the front dash, looks upmarket. Opening boot is very high in the wish-list of all the customers.

Isn't it about time we see a diesel variant of the nano?



I have driven a nano and as compared with some of the other cars, i feel that the only requirement of the power steering is while parking the car. During those tight spot parkings where you need to steer more than a couple of times, it gets a bit tiresome. Power steering would have helped.
At regular driving speeds, no complaints.
Took a test drive of nano. PS is really required at low speed for sure.
idea is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Nano trip on a Nano budget...in a Tata Nano novice_alto Travelogues 11 28th September 2014 15:19
Visit to Hyundai Land and a glimpse of Hong Kong. EDIT: Now with 2013 updates volkman10 Travelogues 9 4th November 2013 21:50
My friend's Nano EDIT:Updates from the Owner. trrk Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 58 19th March 2012 14:21
"Small Wonder: The Making of Nano": a book about the Tata Nano Mpower The Indian Car Scene 25 5th December 2010 23:11
The Tata Nano Gamble - how many Nano Tatas will have to sell agentsmith2 The Indian Car Scene 41 28th October 2009 13:40


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:51.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks