Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 8th March 2013, 22:05   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Improved Tata Aria @ Geneva 2013 : Details

Tata does not sell too many of its product in European markets. And they are struggling big time in India, its primary market. Given this, I fail to see the logic in show casing these products/concepts outside India. Wouldn't it make more sense to spend this effort to push sales in India?
Sanjunair5 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2013, 23:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Some pix from Fb and other sites.
Not sure if its only me, but the Aria looks to have been given a raised suspension and an SUVish stance.

Very good move by Tata. This they touted as a premium product was never going to bring volumes in India. But having a lead time in India, most issues are ironed out by now. Good time to launch it in some European countries which might find some buyers (with a relatively niggle free vehicle, than when it was first launched).
1100D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2013, 14:05   #18
BHPian

400 NM torque that is double the toyota innova's torque! Tata has failed to position Aria correctly otherwise they could certainly sell atleast 1500 units per month.
rock75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2013, 15:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
I am curious to see pictures of the red safari in the back. Its dressed up as a rescue vehicle, I wonder if it will rescue itself from redundancy!!
OT: Here is the Safari Storme Mountain Rescue.....
Attached Thumbnails
Improved Tata Aria @ Geneva 2013 : Details-tatasafaristormemountainrescue.jpg  

agspins is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 17:13   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Interesting - just happened to talk to an Aria owner today who had done around 52k in his vehicle. This included a 3000 km road trip with 7 people. The car was very impressive in his view. Only grouse was the occasional issues with the service chaps. Otherwise very happy with his car - touchwood!

The car looks better. However I feel that the steering should be lower. Looks a little "in-your-face" in the pic.

Your next truck by any chance JK?

Drive on,
Shibu.
Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Not sure if its only me, but the Aria looks to have been given a raised suspension and an SUVish stance.

Very good move by Tata. This they touted as a premium product was never going to bring volumes in India. But having a lead time in India, most issues are ironed out by now. Good time to launch it in some European countries which might find some buyers (with a relatively niggle free vehicle, than when it was first launched).
Its the 19inch wheels. Would like to know if current ones can take 19's or if a suspension work is needed.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 17:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Thats a lovely rig to rescue a mountain on.

Had seen this bumper on the initial Safari Storme preview. Hopefully they will have this on their normal accesory list.

Quote:
Price

Its the 19inch wheels. Would like to know if current ones can take 19's or if a suspension work is needed.
Not only that the wheels are larger, but the gap between the tyre and the wheel arch looks to be quite pronounced (maybe for a longer wheel travel)
1100D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2013, 02:26   #22
Senior - BHPian

As they say, "wheels maketh the car".
AyAn! is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2013, 11:27   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
The pic has been taken too upclose that the '+' depiction on the side is not looking like how it should. I feel the leafs should have been shorter .

The side cladding of the Storme is really spoiling the look. Specially round the wheel arches and the doors. It should have shorter area and the plastic should look tough. This is one change that can really give a good make over to the otherwise staid look of the storm.
maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2013, 21:58   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Gearbox 6 Speed Gear with Automatic Transmission
This is what I have been waiting for all this time. Aria is a well refined machine. I have test driven it in the harshest roads I have ever travelled in Bangalore. It ate that dirt road like cheese.

I would love to do a test drive if this shows up at the showroom near my place and if stars align (budget, cost, etc) I may end up buying it.
srinih75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2013, 11:13   #25
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

If one looks closely one sees the Charger socket moved ahead of the AT Gear Stick - which is a better place rather than under the cover below the ACC where the cover just cannot close if anything is inserted into the electic socket or even the USB socket and that in turn also blocks out the slide out cup holders. Here the USB and Aux connections are mounted directly outside the cover below the ACC.

The Beige and Black interiors somehow don't looks as premium as the Black & Plum with Brown interiors.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 11:01   #26
BHPian

Quote:
The details from the press release.

http://www.tatacars.com/presskit/aria.aspx
Do we know if this coming to India? If yes any timelines and price indications?

Last edited by GTO : 16th August 2013 at 16:14. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Thanks
Shiwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 15:04   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
the cover just cannot close if anything is inserted into the electic socket or even the USB socket and that in turn also blocks out the slide out cup holders.
Yes and No. I have a 16 GB HP USB on my Aria and bought it specifically to fit in with the ACC door closing, it does. However, I also have a Garmin Nuvi 40, whose charger unit looks like a hammer and is quite long that causes it to stick out and keep the door open.
lifebuoy is offline   Reply With Quote