Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 27th November 2015, 11:13   #346
BHPian

Default Re: Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted

I don't think S101's bonnet will accommodate a 1.5 ltr engine. Probably the engine will be 1.2 ltr in both petrol and diesel versions. Also name could be different from XUV100.
Old 1st December 2015, 18:44   #347
Team-BHP Support

Thank you to rjrohra for sending in these images. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts!

The upcoming Mahindra S101 / XUV100 has been spotted once again. This time the rear end of the car is wearing no camouflage whatsoever.

Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-img20151201wa0020.jpg

The S101 was spotted during a shoot for an advertisement. Varun Dhawan is reported to be the brand ambassador for the car. The shoot was being conducted at Carter Road, Bandra in Mumbai and the car had a dog in the passenger seat.

Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-img20151201wa0022.jpg

The spotter claims that the front of the S101 is inspired by the Range Rover Evoque with mini Scorpio-like claws on the grille. He tried to click the front as well, but it turned out to be totally blurred.

Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-img20151201wa0023.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 19:33   #348
BHPian

The side profile seem to have huge resemblance to the Chevy Beat. The door handles of the rear door seem to be located in the exact same place where it is for the Beat, however with chrome/silver accent.
Similarly, the rear seems to have some vague resemblance to the Renault Kwid (see the area between the rear windshield and the tail lamps).
The alloys look nice.
I dont know what is it with this Orange colour, suddenly all manufacturers started offering it, as if it is the new Red. It started with a hue from Ecosport, followed by Figo, then Zica, now XUV100?
Old 1st December 2015, 19:46   #349
BHPian

OT, but look at the policeman in the second pic, where's his helmet?
if the armed forces can have a law making helmets compulsory in both uniform as well as in civvies, why not the police? the other day, i stopped a constable in mumbai riding helmetless on a two wheeler, he retorted, i am not a traffic policeman, why should i wear one?
also, where's the rear bumper of the car? looks like, its been made a casualty to the 4m rule

Last edited by handsofsteel : 1st December 2015 at 19:48.
handsofsteel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 20:24   #350
BHPian

The car looks pretty good(Sans the rear doer handles). Are the tail-lamps LEDs? The rear of a Grand i10, Figo, Zica and now this. What is up with the the designers? It's like they have rein out of ideas. Anyway, if the car is priced well, it's the next XUV alright.
Old 1st December 2015, 20:40   #351
BHPian

First impressions: Looks great! Has an SUV-ish stance. For a change, the rear is looking great for a Mahindra UV. Is it the same orange as XUV??
Old 1st December 2015, 20:52   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
OT, but look at the policeman in the second pic, where's his helmet?
if the armed forces can have a law making helmets compulsory in both uniform as well as in civvies, why not the police? the other day, i stopped a constable in mumbai riding helmetless on a two wheeler, he retorted, i am not a traffic policeman, why should i wear one?
The policeman in the pic is a beat marshal who patrol the area on bikes & have the god gifted ability to talk on their huge walkie talkies holding it in one hand & controlling the bike with the other hand.
Their excuse for not wearing a helmet is that they have to communicate via the walkie talkie on the go.
Old 1st December 2015, 23:54   #353
Team-BHP Support

Seeing these photos, it looks like GM missed an opportunity with the Beat! GM must be seeing these photos wondering how come they never thought of doing a cross over version of the Beat.

Initially the door handles were similar to the Beat, now even the styling elements like rear swooping curve are like the Beat's just accentuated more.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 10:33   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
also, where's the rear bumper of the car? looks like, its been made a casualty to the 4m rule
That is surely a very strange design for the rear bumper. Bumper sits inside the body, lol!! Whats the purpose?
Old 2nd December 2015, 10:56   #355
BHPian

If an autorickshaw was to be taken as a base to design a car, this is how it'd look. At least from the back!

I'm just not into these pretentious, sub 4m, "rugged" tin boxes on wheels which some people call as SUVs!!! I'm sure Mahindra will not think twice before calling it an SUV, inspired from a tank, built like a tank and what not. I appreciate the effort to provide something new to the customers but do not approve of the product which pretends to be something it isn't. I say this because of the title of the thread - 'mini SUV' when essentially it might be a tad bigger than a Celerio. But then, to each his own and before any of you jump on me, I very well know that my approval or denial will not hamper the product one bit!!!

Last edited by Porschefire : 2nd December 2015 at 10:58.
Porschefire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 11:49   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
That is surely a very strange design for the rear bumper. Bumper sits inside the body, lol!! Whats the purpose?
The bumper does look like it's dual tone, 2nd pic clarifies that.

The orange portion is protruding ever so slightly, but the grey part is surely inside, which is looking very strange.

IMHO, not the most practical design for a bumper. In case of even a low speed rear crash, the painted part is going to take the 1st hit and the grey part will be safe. Should have been other way around to save for the re-painting costs, shouldn't it?
Old 2nd December 2015, 14:41   #357
BHPian

The car overall looks good though and I am sure it will sell given the market condition and affinity with anything related to the SUV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
I dont know what is it with this Orange colour, suddenly all manufacturers started offering it, as if it is the new Red. It started with a hue from Ecosport, followed by Figo, then Zica, now XUV100?
I have a 12 years old Orange Fiat Palio GTX, the most happening color in the car scene I believe

Quote:
where's the rear bumper of the car? looks like, its been made a casualty to the 4m rule
Me too was wondering where is the rear bumper and also it made me think as to how long will the boot door last in Bangalore Traffic.
chandrda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 15:17   #358
BHPian

Everyone is innovating within the limitations of 4 meters. This one looks to be a new approach taken by M & M, the previous innovation of trunk door was Vibe! Which failed.

The principal function of bumper is defeated in case it sits like this and hit is taken by trunk door. I am sure the design and safety heads have approved of it and it will serve the function that bumpers are meant for. Or ! I may not be amazed if the way M & M managed the ground clearance which can be adjusted / raised up right at the dealership, there can be a add on bumper which can sit on top of the one that comes as part of standard equipment and plays the function of a proper bumper!

The launch could be January as I do not see a point in launching it in December.

Let's see how market reacts to this product, TUV 300 has been accepted well; I hope this too may get buyers to showroom.

All the best M & M

Last edited by i74js : 2nd December 2015 at 15:38.
Old 2nd December 2015, 15:19   #359
BHPian

Mahindra has done a commendable job with the designing of S101. Though, it looks reminiscent of Chevy Beat I think it will stand out as Mahindra is good at marketing a product and also it has mass value in. It can definitely compete with the likes of Wagon-R or Grand I-10. Knowing Mahindra, they will market this product as mini suv and why not? since Renault achieved the feat of capturing the market of A-segment with Kwid. They will price it very competitive, which will help them in getting decent sales. Enough of testing, please launch the product soon.
Old 2nd December 2015, 15:42   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
You forgot the Jazz...with its 'Sunset Orange' colour. In my opinion it does seem pretty nice. A 'youthful' sort of colour.
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread