Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 17th June 2014, 15:28   #376
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

The design looks very sober and wont offend any one.

I wish though that they could change the headlamps though - Not that the headlamps are bad, but in that way it can looks distinctly different to the brio/amaze.
Old 17th June 2014, 17:17   #377
BHPian

Default re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

Honda confirms the July launch through their website.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mob.jpg

Last edited by sarathlal : 17th June 2014 at 17:19.
sarathlal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 19:48   #378
BHPian

As per following article on Cardekho, Honda dealers in Delhi and Jaipur have started taking bookings for Mobilio on an upfront payment of INR 51000

Bookings in Mumbai and Pune are expected to begin soon.

http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...1000-13277.htm
Old 17th June 2014, 21:46   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
As per following article on Cardekho, Honda dealers in Delhi and Jaipur have started taking bookings for Mobilio on an upfront payment of INR 51000

Bookings in Mumbai and Pune are expected to begin soon.

http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...1000-13277.htm
I guess these are the "unofficial" bookings. Honda has NOT officially announced the bookings to be open. This is similar to what ford dealers did before Ecosport launch. The booking amount will fetch inerest for the dealers. Other than this, i dont see any value add what this 51,000/- is going to guarantee.
scopriobharath is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2014, 10:18   #380
Senior - BHPian

News Report, courtesy IAB:

The Honda Mobilio RS has been officially launched in Indonesia with enhanced exterior, interior and equipment list over the top end Mobilio Prestige variant.

Name:  HondaMobilioRSIndonesiafront.jpg
Views: 2552
Size:  38.1 KB

The Mobilio RS benefits from numerous interior exterior and feature enhancements.

As reported earlier, the Mobilio RS is equipped with sporty front and rear bumpers, Aero Body Kit, roof mounted spoiler, LED projector headlight with light guide (first in the segment), twin-slat chrome grille, chrome exhaust finisher and specially designed 15-inch alloy wheels.

The interior of the new top end variant is finished in full black with silver accents for AC vents and internal door handles. The gearknob has chrome inserts. New features include a 6.1-inch color screen in the centre console for audio system, reverse parking camera, multi-function steering wheel, speed sensing auto central lock and tweeters.

The Mobilio RS will be available in seven exterior color options Carnelian Red Pearl, Crystal Black Pearl, Alabaster Silver Metallic, Modern Steel Metallic, White Orchid Pearl, Brilliant Gold Metallic and Bronze Metallic Ionized.

Name:  HondaMobilioRSIndonesiarear.jpg
Views: 3023
Size:  27.1 KB

The Honda Mobilio RS starts at 203.5 million Rupiah (INR 10.19 lakhs).

The Honda Mobilio RS is priced at 203.5 million Rupiah (INR 10.19 lakhs) for the manual variant and 214 million Rupiah (INR 10.72 lakhs) for the AT variant. Honda Indonesia also offers free regular maintenance (3 years/50,000 km) and extended warranty (5 years/1,40,000 km) for an additional fee of 4.9 million Rupiah (INR 24,555).

Launched in January 2014, the Honda Mobilio went on to become the second best selling car in Indonesia having registered sales of 35,550 units with a market share in its segment of 22%.

Further details at this link -----> http://indianautosblog.com/2014/06/h...+Autos+blog%29
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2014, 11:05   #381
Team-BHP Support

The front bumper-grille combination looks quite aggressive and pretty good!

Honda may either save this 'RS' variant for an update / face-lift some time in the future, or provide the kit as an optional accessory. I can't see them launch the 'RS' along side the regular Mobilio.
Old 20th June 2014, 11:18   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Yes indeed, it gives the much needed masculinity to the otherwise sober front end of Amaze. However the roof rails on the maroon car look a bit out of place. At least I can't recollect any MUV sporting roof rails, I might be wrong here.

Quote:
Honda may either save this 'RS' variant for an update / face-lift some time in the future, or provide the kit as an optional accessory. I can't see them launch the 'RS' along side the regular Mobilio.
If we go by what Honda did in Indonesia, then we may get the RS version of the Mobilio by the end of 2014. However I would prefer it being launched alongside regular Mobilio. If not the whole kit, then at least provide us with the LED projector headlight with light guide as an option. I would be the first one to opt for it.
Old 20th June 2014, 12:44   #383
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Yes indeed, it gives the much needed masculinity to the otherwise sober front end of Amaze.
Just the way many BHPians change the tyres to a better set just after delivery, I'll do the same with the front end of the car.

That front grille and bumper just suit the car rather than the stock form. The L.A.R.G.E chrome slat makes the car look ugly in its original form.

I hate those alloys, fan blade design. Why can't they design something good and sober looking.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 20th June 2014 at 12:45. Reason: Adding a point.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2014, 17:55   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Flat Bed[/b]
Attachment 1249978
Seeing the gap between the fully tumbled third row seat and the second row in the above picture, there is ample scope to increase the third row seat height by a few inches, to get better thigh support, at the cost of slightly reduced headroom. Honda must seriously think about this. Lack of under-thigh support looks a deal breaker for me.

Aftermarket "car seat riser brackets" are used abroad for increasing the seat height. Are these available here, I wonder.

Last edited by mooza : 20th June 2014 at 17:56.
Old 21st June 2014, 14:06   #385
Senior - BHPian

Finally AutoCar India has come out with the online version of its Indonesian Mobilio review. Here is the link to the review.------->http://m.autocarindia.com/Reviews/Re...wsletter&eaddr

Last edited by AutoIndian : 21st June 2014 at 14:08.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2014, 14:18   #386
BHPian

Just saw this on Honda's facebook page

They have started "Win a Mobilio" contest. You have to click a selfie with Honda Mobilio being presented at malls.

https://www.facebook.com/HondaCarIndia
https://www.hondacarindia.com/mobilio/win_mobilio.html
Old 21st June 2014, 14:27   #387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
Just saw this on Honda's facebook page

They have started "Win a Mobilio" contest. You have to click a selfie with Honda Mobilio being presented at malls.
How desperate Honda is getting in attracting customers towards the Mobilio is looking funny. Good they asked for a selfie and nothing else.

They just want to attract customers the way EcoSport garnered attention initially.

It has started with a selfie now, lets see till where this goes and ends.

Anurag.
Old 21st June 2014, 19:52   #388
BHPian

Hello Fellow Team BHPIANs
I confirm that Mobilio has 5 gears and not 6. I saw the vehicle in Faridabad today . It was earthdreams with 5 gears. I saw the model which was one below top and still had touch screen music system and no parking sensors. Overall the seating position is like sedan. Still ground clearance looks impressive. Definitely they will kill Ertiga. Bookings are open with 50000. In case on declaration of prices you cancel your booking you get full refund. July 2nd week will be official unveiling.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st June 2014, 20:01   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Hello Fellow Team BHPIANs
I confirm that Mobilio has 5 gears and not 6. I saw the vehicle in Faridabad today . It was earthdreams with 5 gear.
That is an absolute bummer, but thanks anyways for confirming that harpreetsubhi. As someone had rightly pointed out earlier, Honda clearly wants to differentiate Mobilio from the City and keep the six speed transmission exclusively for the City.

Honda and Mobilio lose some brownie points at least in my books.
Old 21st June 2014, 20:08   #390
BHPian

I think we should just ask ourselves as to why Honda should bring a 6 speed gearbox and how many customers they expect to gain by having a 6 speed gearbox and not a 5 speed gearbox. Not many I suspect. Of course it would have been good if it was 6 speed gearbox and not a 5 speed one. I just hope that there is good competition between Ertiga and Mobilio.
Closed Thread