Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 21st June 2014, 20:52   #391
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
I confirm that Mobilio has 5 gears and not 6. I saw the vehicle in Faridabad today. It was earthdreams with 5 gears. Definitely they will kill Ertiga.
The Ertiga is currently selling on an average of 4-5K units a month, once the Mobilio launched the Ertiga sales may drop to 3K per month but later it will stabilise at 4-4.5K.

Same was the feeling for Dzire when the Amaze wad launched. The whole market went gung-ho saying Dzire's sales killer has arrived but the reality is the Dzire is the top most selling car in India. Attribute it as good luck of Maruti or the car itself.

Same could be with the Mobilio, Ertiga and Innova. The Mobilio may not hit the Innova initially but on the long run done effect will be seen.

I am expecting a refresh to Ertiga after July to keep it selling as it is currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
As someone had rightly pointed out earlier, Honda clearly wants to differentiate Mobilio from the City and keep the six speed transmission exclusively for the City.
Didn't I tell you that the Mobilio will have 5 gears rather than 6. Honda is not going to go that a step forward to impress us and give a VFM setup.

They will have to differentiate between the premium offering - City and the people mover Mobilio. I am expecting prices between 9 - 12 lakhs (base variant to top-end variant).

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 21st June 2014 at 20:57.
a4anurag is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2014, 22:39   #392
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
. Still ground clearance looks impressive. Definitely they will kill Ertiga. .
I dont think so. As Anurag pointed out, the Amaze was termed to be the Dzire killer. That was nowhere even close to denting the sales of the Dzire. All it did was stole a few numbers from the city, brio and some other entry level sedans.

Now coming to the Mobilio, I can safely bet that city numbers will be cut by at least 1/4th, amaze by half and perhaps 1/4th from Ertiga at the most. The reasons are

1. Ertiga is slowly becoming the Innova in its own price range, proven and reliable.
2. Ertiga is doing well even in tier two and small towns where honda prescence is near to nil.
3. People buying the amaze will stretch their budget and go for the mobilio without exiting the showroom as when displayed next to each other, the Mobilio will make more sense to most buyers.
4. People specifically buying the city will buy it. Whoever wants a honda for a 10l price will move to mobilio.

Leave customer preferences away, but hondas current production capacity means that a well selling launch will mean a not so well selling one will be axed from production Hence they will have production constraints too.

That said, I do admire the car and the overall package. When such models are launched, it has always been more of a battle within a showroom rather than between showrooms. Even the Sx4 used to sell more than 2k units before the ertiga was launched. After that its numbers dropped to three digits. Neither was innova sales damaged or anything as it was 'supposedly' a VFM MUV.
audioholic is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 08:29   #393
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

More images of the Honda Mobilio RS (Indonesia) have resurfaced (courtesy IAB)

alloy wheel
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliorsalloywheelindonesialaunch1024x682.jpg

dashboard

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliorsdashboardindonesialaunch1024x682.jpg

foglamp enclosure
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliorsfoglampenclosureindonesialaunch1024x682.jpg

front
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliorsfrontindonesialaunch1024x945.jpg

front three quarters left

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliorsfrontthreequartersleftindonesialaunch1024x682.jpg

front three quarters right
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliorsfrontthreequartersrightindonesialaunch1024x682.jpg

headlamp

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliorsheadlampindonesialaunch1024x682.jpg

nose

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliorsnoseindonesialaunch1024x682.jpg

rear bumper

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliorsrearbumperindonesialaunch1024x682.jpg

rear spoiler

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliorsrearspoilerindonesialaunch1024x682.jpg

rear three quarter
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliorsrearthreequarterindonesialaunch1024x682.jpg

roof rails
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliorsroofrailsindonesialaunch1024x682.jpg

tweeter

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliorstweeterindonesialaunch682x1024.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliorsrearthreequarterindonesialaunch1024x682.jpg  

AutoIndian is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 13:47   #394

Not sure if it is the lighting, but thankfully lesser chrome in these photos and I am so happy.

Honda needs to seriously cut down on the amount of gaudy chrome in their cars. I personally feel that the Both brio and the new city look far too cheap-shiny, at the very least they need to give customers a de-chromed option.

The new jazz on the other hand looks way more classier.
Old 23rd June 2014, 14:25   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lina View Post
Not sure if it is the lighting, but thankfully lesser chrome in these photos and I am so happy.

Honda needs to seriously cut down on the amount of gaudy chrome in their cars. I personally feel that the Both brio and the new city look far too cheap-shiny, at the very least they need to give customers a de-chromed option.

The new jazz on the other hand looks way more classier.
What you see above are the RS variant launched in Indonesia. Indian version is likely get dose of chrome on the grill.
Old 23rd June 2014, 15:47   #396
BHPian

And suddenly the Ertiga interiors seem more desirable! Functional it might be, but the dashboard in the pics are not working for me so far. Ditto was Amaze (no offense, but my personal opinion).

All MSIL needs to do is introduce a 50:50 third row, spruce up the HL/ fog lights/ tail lamps, add ACC and they can still continue to laugh all the way to the bank. Adding an engine of higher CC would be the icing on the cake.

I just can't understand the logic followed by Honda. The targeted segment clearly seems to be that of Ertiga. If that is the case, then would one not have compared the final product with Ertiga and found the product to be lacking?

Awaiting to see this in flesh and hope my first impressions here are wrong!
vinjosep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 15:55   #397
Senior - BHPian

See the dashboard at 2nd pic. Yuck! I don't have words to describe it. When will Honda learn? Isn't Brio's fiasco enough for Honda? Do they have to have a sore spot in their cars? It is a blot on an otherwise good looking car.
Old 23rd June 2014, 16:04   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
See the dashboard at 2nd pic. Yuck! I don't have words to describe it. When will Honda learn? Isn't Brio's fiasco enough for Honda? Do they have to have a sore spot in their cars? It is a blot on an otherwise good looking car.
Reworking the dashboard and providing adjustable headrests were 2 things I had expected. I may opt for Ertiga just because of these 2.
Old 23rd June 2014, 18:14   #399
Senior - BHPian

Honda Mobilio will not be able to compete with Ertiga in long run as it happened in Dzire & Amaze fight. Honda has lost the game before launching the Mobilio with their poor interiors. I am sure base model Mobilio will also cost 7+ lacs on road. At that price, customer expects better interiors. We need to keep in mind that this is going to be mainly for private car buyers & not taxi. So private owners expect better interiors. Ertiga scores here highly. Not sure why Honda insists on same, boring interiors in all 3 cars. Brio is already a flop, Amaze has lost all the attention it got initially after launch & will loose more in coming months after Xcent launch. Then why give again same interiors is out of my mind. Honda taking Indian people for granted? Or they are blind with their recent success with Honda City? People will give them answer very soon.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 18:52   #400
Senior - BHPian

Such a plain dash bored, sorry dash board on the RS as well !

Wonder how this product has beaten the Ertiga's sales in Indonesia ? Just due to the stronger engine, roomier cabin and the H badge, I guess.

Hope Honda tweaks the dash and the 3rd row seat height pronto.
mooza is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 18:53   #401
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
. Then why give again same interiors is out of my mind. Honda taking Indian people for granted? Or they are blind with their recent success with Honda City? People will give them answer very soon.
They are so focussed on cutting costs,
1. They dont want to spend on R&D since a new dashboard isnt an easy job, except for some colour and texture change.
2. They totally forgot they are moving up the same parts from Brio segment above segment and not just staying there. The Amaze itself has non-attracting interiors and they get the same thing to Mobilio.

Another thing I always hated in the Brio was the sheet metal was exposed inside the door panel and we could see the metal from inside. Thats the amount of cost cutting done. I hope they have at least addressed that thing in Mobilio. Any common person naive to cars can ask why the door skin can be seen from inside.
Old 23rd June 2014, 19:28   #402
Senior - BHPian

One look at the upcoming Renault Lodgy MPV's dashboard should alert Honda :

http://www.autojunction.in/upcoming-.../lodgy/364606/

With production due to start in December this year, this product may take off to Duster like success, so quick improvements are needed by Honda.
mooza is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 20:11   #403
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
One look at the upcoming Renault Lodgy MPV's dashboard should alert Honda :...
With the shape of Lodgy, I doubt people will even bother to peak inside while with Mobilio, Honda will at least manage to get people to look inside.
Old 23rd June 2014, 20:20   #404
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
See the dashboard at 2nd pic. Yuck! I don't have words to describe it. When will Honda learn?

They will learn now hopefully after the Mobilio launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post

I am sure base model Mobilio will also cost 7+ lacs on road. At that price, customer expects better interiors. We need to keep in mind that this is going to be mainly for private car buyers & not taxi. So private owners expect better interiors. Ertiga scores here highly. Then why give again same interiors is out of my mind. Honda taking Indian people for granted? Or they are blind with their recent success with Honda City?
I expect the prices to start from 8 lacs for the base to 12 lacs for the top-end and I feel pity for the buyers who will realize that the 5 lac Brio also sports the same looking dash.

Initially I felt the same when Ertiga was launched with the same looking interiors as the Swift (except for the beige). The 4L Swift to the 11L Ertiga looked the same inside but now after looking at the Mobilio, I feel happy to be in the Ertiga as well as the Swift. The dashboard looks upmarket be it in any car out of the three (Swift, Dzire and Ertiga).

Honda is now moving towards the 9-11 L bracket where upmarket interiors with plush "show-off" types is the need BUT they are going backwards in time and feel. I fail to understand which is being kept as an competitor while the designing etc was done. If it was either the Ertiga or Innova then the designing team must be fired without a second thought. They need a break!

Look the at amount of place between the air vents on the passengers side, it hardly has any space and thanks to that curve nothing will sit in it. They would have though that adding a HU (touch screen) will gie them a gain vis-a-vis Ertiga's HU, then they are wrong. If the same car was given the City interiors, it would have been appreciated well but they wont do it to protect the City sales figures.

Coming to the Chrome - better not spoken much. The RS version looks better than the Indian one thanks to the dual chrome slat on the front end whereas the Indian version has a chrome slat similar to the City. Chrome=Indians, they can't be separated.

All I feel is that Honda is riding high and happy with the success of the Amaze and City thanks to the i-DTEC so they feel we customers will accept whatever is sold by Honda.

Hope Honda realises the mistake and re-designs the dashboard (I know I am expecting too much).

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 22:40   #405
Senior - BHPian

Ridiculous interiors. The only thing I hated in Amaze was it's bland interiors. But, when I saw the City interiors I thought Honda has learned and Mobilo and upcoming jazz will have similar interiors.

However, Honda has learned nothing or its taking customers for granted. If I was interested in this segment I won't be interested in Mobilo just cos of interiors.
Closed Thread