Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 24th June 2014, 10:31   #406

Default re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

Just took a look at the pricing of the City and Mobilio on the Indonesian website of Honda . Here they are (Attachment below) - (All prices in Indonesian Rupiah):

From the same you will see that the prices on the Mobilio are between 58% and 64% of an equivalent City.

The Current prices of the City in Delhi are as under ( Ex Showroom in Indian Rupees):

E - MT (P) - 719000
S - MT (P) - 782500
V - MT (P) - 891000

With the above information, any guesses on the likely price of the Mobilio ?
Attached Images

Gops71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 12:16   #407
BHPian

Default re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

Agreed the interiors are bad. I think we can only expect updated interiors when the facelift happens for Brio or Amaze.
But IMO interiors are just a part of the overall package and driving experience and it cant be a deal breaker.
When comparing Mobilio with Ertiga we should also compare the engines on offer where I think Mobilio has the edge.
Old 24th June 2014, 12:19   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gops71 View Post
Just took a look at the pricing of the City and Mobilio on the Indonesian website of Honda . Here they are (Attachment below) - (All prices in Indonesian Rupiah):

From the same you will see that the prices on the Mobilio are between 58% and 64% of an equivalent City.
This logic is highly unlikely for India. Prices would be 10-20% cheaper than city at the maximum. I dont think Honda would price it 50% cheaper than City. This would mean, honda mobilio starts at 5.5 lacs. The cheap Datsun Go+ is slated to be positioned in the 5.5 segment. I dont think Honda will do it.
scopriobharath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 12:26   #409
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyro View Post

But IMO interiors are just a part of the overall package and driving experience and it cant be a deal breaker.

When comparing Mobilio with Ertiga we should also compare the engines on offer where I think Mobilio has the edge.
1) Aren't we going to sit inside and drive?

2) Aren't we going to looking at the dashboard always while driving around?

So if a customer doesn't like the look of the dashboard then driving it around happily will be difficult. So the interiors if not designed well can be a deal breaker. Same negative was for the Toyota Liva/Etios.

Moreover the Mobilio being a 9 - 11L Lac segment vehicle, a cheap looking dash is going to upset many as I told in my last post.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 12:28   #410
BHPian

I too agree that interiors are a highly subjective issue I would like to state that after owning the dzire vdi and amaze vx idtec for almost a year I find the dashboard of the dzire better looking but of cheap quality and un ergonomic compared to the amaze which feels its built to last and do not have to search for the buttons when driving in the night .
anky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 13:05   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gops71 View Post

The Current prices of the City in Delhi are as under ( Ex Showroom in Indian Rupees):

E - MT (P) - 719000
S - MT (P) - 782500
V - MT (P) - 891000

With the above information, any guesses on the likely price of the Mobilio ?
Mobilio is around 44%( s variant) and 53% ( e variant) more than Brio in the same market.

In India it will be positioned between Amaze and City. The price will also be the on the same pattern. So a Lakh more than Amaze and a Lakh less than City is the range I am expecting.

But a hideous dash and no Engine protection can put off a lot of buyers.

cheers
Old 24th June 2014, 13:20   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

So if a customer doesn't like the look of the dashboard then driving it around happily will be difficult. So the interiors if not designed well can be a deal breaker. Same negative was for the Toyota Liva/Etios.

Moreover the Mobilio being a 9 - 11L Lac segment vehicle, a cheap looking dash is going to upset many as I told in my last post.

Anurag.
Well said. Dashboard of any car is the part most looked at by the owner of that car. At pic #2 last page, it looks like the dash was fashioned out of egg-crate grade cardboard. Yes, that ugly. Just ditch it, Honda. How hard is to design a good looking dash?

And, yes, you are right. Liva/Etios too have equally ugly dash. May be this is one important reason for un-doing of Liva/Etios/Brio and to some extent Amaze, too.
Old 24th June 2014, 14:55   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
1) Aren't we going to sit inside and drive?

Anurag.
But with the same logic arent we going to drive the car which is more important I think.
I dont disagree that the interiors should be pleasing and Mobilio interiors do look cheap.
But if the other aspects of a car are really good then sometimes we can overlook the interiors.
I can think of buying a car which is great to drive but with bad interiors but can never think of buying a car with great interiors but no driving fun.
So lets wait for a test drive and then decide instead of rejecting the car only on the basis of its interiors
Old 24th June 2014, 15:35   #414
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

Quote:
But with the same logic arent we going to drive the car which is more important I think.
I dont disagree that the interiors should be pleasing and Mobilio interiors do look cheap.
But if the other aspects of a car are really good then sometimes we can overlook the interiors.
I can think of buying a car which is great to drive but with bad interiors but can never think of buying a car with great interiors but no driving fun.
So lets wait for a test drive and then decide instead of rejecting the car only on the basis of its interiors
Interiors was the pure reason why i could not buy Etios. I had looked Amaze as well and could digest the interiors because of the price point.

Now if they offer same interiors in a vehicle that exceeds 10L, People may not be happy about it.

But then we are forgetting the fact that Two main competitors Innova(few lakhs expensive) and Ertiga(Mobilio has better engine). So Honda might just have a winner if they price the car within 20-50K range of Ertiga(Remember that Ertiga already sells at discount now)
Old 24th June 2014, 15:39   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree that while most of the potential buyers don't like the look of the dash, they are still most likely to buy it if it turns out to be good/practical in other areas. We have some good examples like old Santro, Swift Desire, Ritz and the Duster.
Old 24th June 2014, 16:30   #416
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes we do drive the car and performance matters too. Since I am looking forward too, I will tell my perspective. Interiors of the mobilio can act as a dealbreaker for me, but the engine of the ertiga wont. As simple as that. Perhaps a bit of low end response will be lost in the ertiga when compared to Mobilio. Nothing more than that since I have driven the Amaze diesel and there is nothing much to speak about when it comes to refinement or NVH etc. Hence I can bear with the turbo lag present in ertiga(maybe get a remap ) but currently I dont know of a way to make the Mobilio interiors look together. Once it is launched I will take a final call between the two.
Old 24th June 2014, 17:27   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I agree that while most of the potential buyers don't like the look of the dash, they are still most likely to buy it if it turns out to be good/practical in other areas. We have some good examples like old Santro, Swift Desire, Ritz and the Duster.
One more example from my personal experience would be ANHC. The interiors were no where as pleasing as the rivals and it was low on equipment level as well but I lived with the car for 5 years because of its good driving experience.
Old 24th June 2014, 20:39   #418
Distinguished - BHPian

The Honda Mobilio TVC, with Kapil Sharma of Comedy Nights with Kapil Sharma fame.

RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 21:07   #419
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Honda Mobilio TVC, with Kapil Sharma of Comedy Nights with Kapil Sharma fame.
So they are now playing tricky advertisement strategies so that the publicity is better and also reaches farther to the audience.

Hope the pricing is also good to stay with the Honda!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 01:13   #420
BHPian

came here to post the same, seems more like it will run on YT then on TV(Seeing the length), a bit cheesy, but guess will get the job done.
Closed Thread