Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 26th June 2014, 20:05   #436
BHPian

Default Re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Toyota are the only ones who seem to have mastered the art of making their Innova look worse with every stage of nip & tuck.
And exorbitantly charge you for it as well

Cheers
MKP
Old 27th June 2014, 10:20   #437
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Mobilio mall display - Mumbai
Attachment 1249955
I hope I can catch it at Phoenix Lower Parel either today or over the weekend. If anyone can confirm for sure that its indeed displayed at Phoenix Mills Lower Parel please do post on this thread ... don't want a wasted trip on Friday / Saturday.
Old 27th June 2014, 19:02   #438
Senior - BHPian

Confirming it is displayed at Phoenix Market City Kurla. I am visiting the mall tomorrow evening. I Will update my views tomorrow. I am seeing the mobilio for the first time in Flesh tomorrow.
scopriobharath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 20:03   #439
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Confirming it is displayed at Phoenix Market City Kurla. I am visiting the mall tomorrow evening. I Will update my views tomorrow. I am seeing the mobilio for the first time in Flesh tomorrow.
Good.

Please do check the gear lever as to what is written on it. Many here are waiting for it, specially the i-DTEC if displayed.

Post a lot of pictures too.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 20:21   #440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is great news scopriobharath. We all would be seeing the Mobilio through your eyes. So as Anurag has mentioned above, click as many pictures as possible, preferably with a person being seated in each of the seats. We all are looking forward to your contribution here.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 20:39   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Good.

Please do check the gear lever as to what is written on it. Many here are waiting for it, specially the i-DTEC if displayed.

Post a lot of pictures too.

Anurag.
You got it !! I honestly feel they are displaying only the iVTEC Petrol. I will check for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
That is great news scopriobharath. We all would be seeing the Mobilio through your eyes. So as Anurag has mentioned above, click as many pictures as possible, preferably with a person being seated in each of the seats. We all are looking forward to your contribution here.
Sure - Will do - I will carry my camera and click maximum pictures.

Some things i am planning to look out for - Please add if you feel you need more.
  1. Interiors
  2. ICE HU
  3. Spare alloy / spare steel wheel ?
  4. Length VS Innova VS Ertiga
  5. Road Presence
  6. Seating comfort in all 7 seats
Anything else ?????
Old 27th June 2014, 20:45   #442
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
  1. Interiors
  2. ICE HU
  5. Road Presence
Anything else ?????
  • Space for 3 on second Row - Shoulder room especially for side passengers
  • How low (if at all) Is the 3rd row seating really
  • Enough said about quality/thickness of seats, How do they feel
paragsachania is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 21:04   #443
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Some things i am planning to look out for - Please add if you feel you need more.
  1. Interiors
  2. ICE HU
  5. Road Presence
You forgot the main thing - Picture of the dashboard (clear one in natural effect)

Features available in all variants, ask the guys who are there on the display who hopefully would have an idea.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 27th June 2014 at 21:21.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 21:56   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
  1. Interiors
  2. ICE HU
  5. Road Presence
Anything else ?????
Adding my 2 cents:
  • Head room in the 3rd row of seat for a 5 footer
  • Tumble mechanism for second row of seats
  • Luggage space with third row up, third row half folded and then completely folded.
  • Comfort level in front seats
Will let you know if I can think of more items.
Old 27th June 2014, 21:56   #445
BHPian

Quote:
You got it !! I honestly feel they are displaying only the iVTEC Petrol. I will check for sure.

Sure - Will do - I will carry my camera and click maximum pictures.

1. Interiors
  2. ICE HU
  5. Road Presence
Anything else ?????
Well I had seen the diesel version in Faridabad. V model to be precise. It had exactly 6 gears. 5 forward and 1 reverse. Some pictures attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-1403886307945.jpg  

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-1403886349522.jpg  

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-1403886380273.jpg  

harpreetsubhi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 23:03   #446
BHPian

Mobilio is on display at Phoenix, Lower Parel. On display is a petrol variant which is definitely not the top variant because this one did not have a touch screen infotainment system.

As far as gears are concerned, its 5+1 as shown in one of the following pics. Mobilio looks good from side and rear, the front looks same as Amaze so I found it a bit boring. The sheet metal looks to be thin and doors are light and thin. Quality of plastics used in the dashboard and switch is not much to talk about.

Front seats are comfortable with perfect positioning of gear lever. Driver seat comes with height adjuster and the steering had tilt feature. Windows are nice and large giving a good view of outside.

Row 2 seats were also comfortable with good leg room. In fact the seats in 2nd row has recline feature as well which is quite useful. Row 3 is a complete NO for adults. Couple of hours ride sitting in row 3 and one will need a wheel chair for few days... Ok I exaggerated that a bit but it has very low sitting, specially tall or fat people will have a tough time.

Fold 3rd row seats and you have a large boot for a month long vacation. The rear from outside looks a stunner and the good part is that from the inside it has a cover which means all the wires and mechanical parts are covered unlike Amaze.

While Mobilio should do well and sell about 4-5k units per month, surprisingly there were not too many people at the stall. I could comfortably sit inside the car on drivers seat for good 10 minutes without anyone waiting outside for me to get up. Complete contradiction to what I experienced during EcoSport soft launch.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-img_20140627_184714.jpg  

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-img_20140627_184729.jpg  

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-img_20140627_184819.jpg  

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-img_20140627_184824.jpg  

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-img_20140627_184831.jpg  

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-img_20140627_184835.jpg  

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-img_20140627_184842.jpg  

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-img_20140627_184851.jpg  

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-img_20140627_184905.jpg  

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-img_20140627_184909.jpg  

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-img_20140627_185150.jpg  

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-img_20140627_185204.jpg  

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-img_20140627_185207.jpg  

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-img_20140627_185209.jpg  

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-img_20140627_185216.jpg  

Last edited by damager21 : 27th June 2014 at 23:07.
damager21 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th June 2014, 14:06   #447
Senior - BHPian

Guys, today I was watching the Overdrive show on CNBC TV18 (English) and then on CNBC Awaz (Hindi). Both the shows confirmed that next week they will be bringing the first drive report of the Honda Mobilio. It seems the media drive is happening in Nasik. Can the moderators confirm if this news is true and if TBHP has been invited for this media drive? If yes then when can we expect the official TBHP review of the Mobilio.
Old 28th June 2014, 16:32   #448
BHPian

Overdrive has already reviewed this car, although the Indonesian model. Here you go

Going by the video review, they say that it is not a true 7-seater like Innova but like Ertiga. So, dethroning Innova is going to be a very, very tough thing for Honda.
Old 28th June 2014, 16:43   #449
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xTKB View Post
Overdrive has already reviewed this car, although the Indonesian model. Here you go.
I guess you are mistaken as the video you have posted is of Autocar!

Quote:
Going by the video review, they say that it is not a true 7-seater like Innova but like Ertiga. So, dethroning Innova is going to be a very, very tough thing for Honda.
Dethroning the Innova is not possible but I want to see what it does to the Ertiga and vice versa.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2014, 16:46   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Overdrive has already reviewed this car, although the Indonesian model. Here you go
I believe you have mistaken the Autocar review as OD review. If you read my message carefully, I have mentioned that the media drive is going to happen somewhere this week in Nasik city of Maharashtra state. The location seems to be a bit odd though.

Can the mods please pitch in over here and confirm if this is true or I made a mistake in interpretation?
Closed Thread