Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 2nd July 2014, 19:53   #481
RYP
BHPian

Default Re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyro View Post
RS variant gets a sportier look with aggressively styled front and rear bumpers, larger air dams, a new, sportier chrome grille, new headlights with High Intensity Discharge (HID) projector lights and LED accents, black-and-chrome 15-inch alloy wheels, chrome exhausts and a spoiler at the back.

6.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a reversing camera and a pair of tweeters to add to the audio system's speaker count.

Would be interesting to see the premium Honda would be charging for all this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Expect a premium of about 50-55K over the top Mobilio variant, for the RS.

Any higher and Honda might shoot themselves on the foot, because it is after all based on the Brio platform and shares similarities with the Brio & the Amaze.
Mobilio RS is priced 70k more than the top end variant 'Prestige' in Indonesia. The goodies it offers and more importantly the proportional looks compared with the Mobilio all because of the body kit, that price is acceptable indeed for me.
Old 2nd July 2014, 20:08   #482
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

http://overdrive.in/news/2014-honda-...image-gallery/

Check the interiors!! For gods sake Honda, is this what the RS trim deserves!!
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 21:09   #483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
http://overdrive.in/news/2014-honda-...image-gallery/

Check the interiors!! For gods sake Honda, is this what the RS trim deserves!!
I love the RS version, at least the exteriors. The LED ORVM indicators are and addition in lieu of the fender indicators.

The price of 70K over and above the top end is highly unlikely.
  • Separate fender design needed (hole for fender ORVM not present)
  • Addtional cost of LED ORVM
  • cost of body kit (costs 25 K on a Maruti hatch)
  • Special Alloys (mass volume benefit is lost)
  • 2-DIN ICE system (MP3 ones start from 15 K)
  • Wood Trim, Chrome exhaust and other cosmetics accessories
  • HID Projector type lamps and Audi type LED Tube parking lamps on headlamps
  • Additonal tracking, shop cost - stores - spares cost

This would be more than 70K in cost and add another 70K profit for Honda. I think the india price difference would be 1-1.5 lacs over and above the top end model at the very least. Aftermarket HID kit itself comes to 25K without warranty/guarantee.

- I hope they dont end up with legal issues from Audi. Audi RS sounds too much like Honda Mobilio RS.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 2nd July 2014 at 21:18.
Old 2nd July 2014, 21:16   #484
Senior - BHPian

True, it is going to be pricier than the non-RS trims. And its nothing but a cosmetic upgrade to begin with so far too much premium over the non-RS trims will kill this one instantly IMO.

But i'm seriously laughing at what Honda has done to the interiors. If i buy a car, i'm going to be inside it most of the time and i don't like what i see on the RS trim!
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 22:34   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
But i'm seriously laughing at what Honda has done to the interiors. If i buy a car, i'm going to be inside it most of the time and i don't like what i see on the RS trim!
Me too - I might reject the mobilio for interiors and the 3rd row. Honda very well knows that the interiors are plain, but all they care is to make money. They dont care whether you are I are happy about the interiors or not. The earliest we can expect interiors change on the mobilio is when we see th first facelift for brio. I guess this facelift itself is at least 1-1.5 years away. Then it would be Brio --> Amaze --> Mobilio --> Honda mini SUV.

Again, The RS is a mock attempt to make a performance version but finally ended up getting only a cosmetic job. Honda could have at the very least added a K&N filter and increased the power by 0.5 bhp.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 2nd July 2014 at 22:36.
Old 3rd July 2014, 12:02   #486
BHPian

Mobilio RS versions exteriors are looking better than base version, but the interiors got worse! The faux wood garnish looks so ugly, I will go and buy an Ertiga
Old 3rd July 2014, 14:38   #487
Senior - BHPian

I don't get it. How can something like a Mobilio get a RS badge? Probably a good idea to add "Ability to flip" as part of the feature list.
Old 3rd July 2014, 14:46   #488
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruji View Post
Mobilio RS versions exteriors are looking better than base version, but the interiors got worse! The faux wood garnish looks so ugly, I will go and buy an Ertiga
The RS exteriors look good, much better than the stock Mobilio looks but what Honda has done is spoilt the interiors further. Why do they get such ideas of faux wood trims to the dash?!

Who is that person in their design team that comes up with such ideas?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I don't get it. How can something like a Mobilio get a RS badge? Probably a good idea to add "Ability to flip" as part of the feature list.

There is no change underneath, just a cosmetic change so to please customers with the faux wooden interiors, projector lamps and funky alloys the RS variant is being brought I guess.

Anurag.
Old 3rd July 2014, 15:43   #489
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The RS exteriors look good, much better than the stock Mobilio looks but what Honda has done is spoilt the interiors further. Why do they get such ideas of faux wood trims to the dash?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
There is no change underneath, just a cosmetic change so to please customers with the faux wooden interiors, projector lamps and funky alloys the RS variant is being brought I guess..
I'm not even sure if the RS variant will get the projector lights. They may reserve that for the facelift variants. But I may be wrong. I assumed that Honda will reserve the RS variant for a later date.
Old 3rd July 2014, 19:54   #490
BHPian

I think some of the features offered in Mobilio RS takes this MUV to the next level. This could be a good strategy to load top variant with features, price it closer to Innova base/mid variant and pull customers from there. Also, tyres are 185/65 R15 instead of 175/65 R15 on City.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio-front.jpg
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio-rear.jpg
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-headlight.jpg
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-chrome-door-handles.jpg
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-alloy.jpg
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio-interior.jpg
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-reverse-display.jpg

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2014/07/h...gallery-135838
damager21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2014, 20:16   #491
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I'm not even sure if the RS variant will get the projector lights. They may reserve that for the facelift variants. But I may be wrong. I assumed that Honda will reserve the RS variant for a later date.
Hope it is launched parallel with the regular variant so that the customer has the choice to choose what he wants.

The stock chrome slat is too gaudy for my liking and it hits the eye which is just not pleasing. The same chrome slat has got a decent touch on the RS version that cleanly hides the bulk of the chrome used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
I think some of the features offered in Mobilio RS takes this MUV to the next level. This could be a good strategy to load top variant with features, price it closer to Innova base/mid variant and pull customers from there.
They may not go that far initially but at a later stages yes, the competition will become fierce making all three (Ertiga, Innova and Mobilio) to up their game to stay in the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Also, tyres are 185/65 R15 instead of 175/65 R15 on City.
I don't know why Honda like this tyre section - 175's. All cars launched have the same spec tyre. I don't know how they choose what section tyres must be used.

Anurag.
Old 3rd July 2014, 20:55   #492
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: All posts on whether Mobilio is a "true" seven-seater and comparisons with other vehicles in the segment have been moved to this thread. Please continue the discussion there and discuss only Mobilio-specific points here. Thanks!
Old 3rd July 2014, 21:32   #493
Senior - BHPian

Any idea what "RS" expands to ?

I could not think of anything

I could guess R for racing but S for ????
Old 3rd July 2014, 21:44   #494
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post

RS = Rally Sport unless if its anything else it really expands to!
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2014, 21:45   #495
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post

RS = Renn-Sport, which translates into Racing Sport. Comes from the Audi RS series of the 90s, or from Ford's performance-specific cars, from even earlier than that.

Usually these days, it involves cosmetic upgrades to the exterior and interior of a car. Doesn't have to be performance upgrades, although it may have any/some/all for a particular top variant of a car model.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 3rd July 2014 at 21:47.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread