Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 21st November 2013, 12:34   #121
BHPian

Default re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Compare them to Xylo, Innova, Evalia, Enjoy and you will realise what I mean.
I would look at Ertiga/Mobilio as compact MPVs just like the Ford's C-Max ,VW's Touran and Toyota's Verso.

Last edited by sinharishi : 21st November 2013 at 12:35.
Old 23rd November 2013, 00:19   #122
BHPian

Default re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

The Mobilio is taking Honda design philosophy a step forward. The rear hatch looks much better than that in the Brio. I am hoping the Honda designers can get together and change the all glass hatch in the Brio. This would definitely give the Ertiga a run for its money. Bring it on Honda !!!
Old 23rd November 2013, 08:37   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Aren't the Ertiga and Mobilio exactly that? Ertiga is based on Swift and Mobilio is based on Brio. They are raised estate versions of the sedan/hatch.

Compare them to Xylo, Innova, Evalia, Enjoy and you will realise what I mean.
Some points on why I consider Ertiga/Mobilio are not the estate versions of Dzire/Amaze:
  • Different seating capacity
  • Different ride height
  • Different wheelbase
  • Different car length
  • Different shape of body shell even for A/B pillar area.
  • Different turning radius
If it were a raised estate, increase in height for the MPV should be the same as the increase in GC.

Last edited by zenren : 23rd November 2013 at 08:40.
Old 28th November 2013, 11:10   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Mobilio expected to launch in Q2 -2014

Quote:
Honda aims to start production of the Mobilio in April and the launch is expected by June. The Jazz will then be launched by the end of the year.

Honda’s second car plant in India at Tapukara, Rajasthan, will start operations in March and will manufacture the ‘Mobilio’, the Japanese carmaker's first MPV in India, which is expected to be launched in April-May
http://www.financialexpress.com/news...arch/1199895/0

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th November 2013 at 11:13.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 11:56   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Mobilio production begins in Indonesia at Honda's Karawang plant, as per Honda's official press release.

Quote:
The second factory for Honda in Indonesia will be the first global site to manufacture the Mobilio MPV, which is set to come to India during the next fiscal. Honda’s new plant in Indonesia will more than double its production capacity in the country, with capacity rising from the existing 80,000 units to 200,000 units per year.

The press release also states that production of the Mobilio takes local content of Honda Prospect in Indonesia up to 86 percent. Given that the Indonesian market is equally, if not more than, cost-competitive as India, it could be speculated that the Mobilio will be heavily localised when production starts here in India.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondaplantindonesiamobiliorollout.jpg

SOURCE (and official press release) - http://indianautosblog.com/2014/01/h...mobilio-113245

Last edited by RavenAvi : 16th January 2014 at 11:57.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 20:09   #126
BHPian

Hope there is some plans for Honda to bring in an AT version of this. If the 3rd row is spacious as they are said to be in few of the clips and with a large boot when its folded fully I think its a good value for money vehicle. I wonder are they testing this in Indian market to see the readiness for their Odyssey lineup?
Old 20th January 2014, 13:08   #127
Senior - BHPian

I hope they launch it around Mar-Apr 2014, lest my wait for a people's mover will be elongated. My father has now admitted that we need family vehicle (one that can be driven to office daily) & accorded his permission for us to buy a family mover, & at present Ertiga is the best (& acceptable to all in family) option under Rs.10 lacs.

This one is a serious competitor to Ertiga, & viby (aluminium) engine is the only flaw that I can nitpick at the moment.
Old 20th January 2014, 19:00   #128
Senior - BHPian

Cool re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

I aspire an Innova but if the Mobilio can offer 3rd row seating space on par with Innova. I will but that. Mobilio can reduce the boot space from Innova levels to XUV levels too. The shorter bonnet/hood will keep the vehicle Ertigaish but at least offer better leg room in the 3rd row.

Has any BHPian seen any camaflouged / test mules of the Mobilio anywhere in india ? Agreed it is the same iVTEC / iDTEC motor, but i am sure someone will at least test them in india.
Old 21st January 2014, 15:00   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Birdie drops this info that Honda India is targeting a May 2014 launch for the Mobilio MPV.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2014, 15:34   #130
Senior - BHPian

The Honda Mobilio has been spied on Indonesian streets. Attached below are some pictures published by IAB, which apparently seems to be a demo vehicle being taken to the dealer.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio-indonesia-spied1.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio-indonesia-spied2.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio-indonesia-spied3.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio-indonesia-spied4.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio-indonesia-spied5.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio-indonesia-spied6.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio-indonesia-spied7.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio-indonesia-spied8.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio-indonesia-spied9.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio-indonesia-spied10.jpg

Further details at this link ---> http://indianautosblog.com/2014/01/h...center-console

Last edited by AutoIndian : 26th January 2014 at 15:36.
AutoIndian is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th January 2014, 20:38   #131
Senior - BHPian

Here is an Youtube video of Indonesia explaining the Honda mobilio features in detail.

undead is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th January 2014, 22:14   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Here is an Youtube video of Indonesia explaining the Honda mobilio features in detail.
Nice video, thanks for sharing it . Wish we could have an English version of this. Nevertheless it wasn't so difficult to make it out with English words interspersed.

This seems to be a no non-sense, practical MUV, which offers tremendous flexibility in terms of seating arrangement. If at all Honda keeps the same tuning of the i-DTec as that found in Amaze & now City, it should at least give the transmission that of the City, with 6 cogs. Mobilio, no doubt is going to be a highway cruiser & with that 6th cog, it will make the long drives so much more relaxing.

Towards the end of the video, I found that the ground clearance was mentioned as 189mm. In all the publications that I am aware of, the GC was mentioned as 185mm. Not that +4mm would make a vast difference, but then the higher GC would be better for Indian conditions, as the van will be fully loaded most of the times. Wish Honda could bring the Mobilio with a rear wheel drive (am I asking too much? )
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 09:55   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Same atrocious interiors!! And the under thigh support for both 2nd & 3rd rows do look average or lesser. But it'll still make a good family tourer I believe.
Old 5th February 2014, 15:45   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

The Honda Mobilio MPV at the Expo.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-bfsjkd6cqaa2_5m.jpg-large.jpg

Name:  BfslezCCQAA4K7.jpg
Views: 3511
Size:  33.1 KB

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-bfssi2ciaah7f9.jpg-large.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-bfsxinacmaaeyut.jpg-large.jpg

Name:  BfswzDuCUAAg0Zy.jpg large.jpg
Views: 3439
Size:  32.8 KB

Name:  BfsoHGYCcAAFKcB.jpg large.jpg
Views: 3490
Size:  30.2 KB

SOURCE - Twitterverse
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th February 2014, 17:32   #135
Senior - BHPian

For those of you who are not aware about the Honda's display at the Auto Expo 2014, you can refer the thread below. It has some high resolution pictures of the Mobilio being displayed there.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/auto-e...po-2014-a.html
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread