Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 28th March 2013, 18:59   #331
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

During the unveiling ceremony of EcoSport at Bangkok Motor Show, Ford stated that EcoSport is an “aspirational alternative” to a compact car /small car.

If that's the case, I am sure Ford will price EcoSport marginally higher than the hatchbacks.

Please use Figo's base price of 3.89 lacs and add max 1 lac as aspirational value to arrive at base price of EcoSport at 4.89 lacs.

Titanium version of Figo is priced at 5.07 lacs, so on similar lines please launch Titanium version of EcoSport at 6.07 lacs.
Old 28th March 2013, 19:50   #332
BHPian

People expecting more space from a 4M pseudo-SUV ecosport are looking at the wrong vehicle. A 4M hatch will probably have more space than an eco-sport, given that a hatch can have a cab-forward design(Jazz like) and still look ok. An ecosport would not look like a SUV if it had a cab-forward design. I just hope Ford prices it sensibly and does not get carried away.
shivasuma is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2013, 20:19   #333
BHPian

My fellow Bhpians from Bangalore, is it confirmed that EcoSport will be on display @ Mantri Square, Malleshwaram? How can we get confirmed new tomorrow morning?
Its a long drive for me. I don't want to be disappointed at the end of it.
Old 28th March 2013, 20:34   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
My fellow Bhpians from Bangalore, is it confirmed that EcoSport will be on display @ Mantri Square, Malleshwaram? How can we get confirmed new tomorrow morning?
Its a long drive for me. I don't want to be disappointed at the end of it.
I received email today from Ford on the same. I am thinking to drive down tomorrow. Hoping for a mini tbhp meet there :-)
Old 28th March 2013, 20:50   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Just wondering if its "EEECOSport" or "ECHOSport". To me, the former sounds more appropriate.
Agree. But even from the horse's mouth, it is Echo Sport. See this video of a Ford exec at an ASEAN launch event, between 1 and 1.2 min.
Old 28th March 2013, 22:42   #336
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
People expecting more space from a 4M pseudo-SUV ecosport are looking at the wrong vehicle. A 4M hatch will probably have more space than an eco-sport, given that a hatch can have a cab-forward design(Jazz like) and still look ok. An ecosport would not look like a SUV if it had a cab-forward design. I just hope Ford prices it sensibly and does not get carried away.
To further add - most of the hatches has lesser boot space which allows for more passenger space for similar overall dimensions - translated - excise benefit.

The 2nd point being the proportions of this vs a car - tallish and narrowish compared to shorter and wider - hence more corner roll and lack of cornering confidence on the twisties. Provided they can give a "better than Amaze" diesel !!
Old 29th March 2013, 06:17   #337
M35
BHPian

As per economic times the initial launch price for Ecosport would be
  1. base variant :5.9-6.0 lakh
  2. Top variant :9.0 lakh

This pricing would certainly challenge the likes of Maruti Dzire, Hyundai i20 and Renault Duster.With all the buzz going around on the aspirational and aggressive ecosport pricing, we, the indians for the first time might be able to taste a VFM car from a foreign brand.It could very well force other makers too,to change their tack to think in the same line,as the competition gets intensified.
M35 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2013, 06:36   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyrules View Post

Agree. But even from the horse's mouth, it is Echo Sport. See this video of a Ford exec at an ASEAN launch event, between 1 and 1.2 min.
The British pronunciation would be the former and the American pronunciation would be the latter.
Take the word Economics for example and compare...

Last edited by benbsb29 : 29th March 2013 at 08:13. Reason: Removed video link for benefit of mobile users.
Old 29th March 2013, 09:02   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The British pronunciation would be the former and the American pronunciation would be the latter.
Take the word Economics for example and compare...
Oh yes, there would be differences.
One classic example being Nissan, the Americans pronounce it as Nee san
Old 29th March 2013, 09:42   #340
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

To all the members who have actually seen the EcoSport either on display or on the road. When we saw the Tata Vista offroader, with the spare wheel on the back, it was a general consensus that it looked funny.
When I see the EcoSport especially in side profile, to me it looks funny enough, like a hatchback with a spare wheel attached. Now it may be that pictures dont do justice to the actual car, hence the above members please comment if the car does look like an SUV (atleast like a RiO at minimum), or its just a beefed up hatch, trying to look bigger than it is.
Old 29th March 2013, 10:43   #341
BHPian

Has the car come to Mantri Mall Bangalore yet? Can anybody confirm it?
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2013, 10:54   #342
BHPian

Going to paras down town Zirakpur today, Ecosport will be on Display. Will share my views .. in the evening
Old 29th March 2013, 11:48   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
As per economic times the initial launch price for Ecosport would be
  1. base variant :5.9-6.0 lakh
  2. Top variant :9.0 lakh

This pricing would certainly challenge the likes of Maruti Dzire, Hyundai i20 and Renault Duster.With all the buzz going around on the aspirational and aggressive ecosport pricing, we, the indians for the first time might be able to taste a VFM car from a foreign brand.It could very well force other makers too,to change their tack to think in the same line,as the competition gets intensified.
The article also says, "The attractive price offering has been possible due to the strong exports strategy at the heart of it, just like Figo, a source said. Today, 30% of Figo's production is exported. ET learns that 40-45% of EcoSport's expected annual production of 1.5 lakh units will be shipped out of India, with Chennai acting as an exports hub to over 40-50 countries.

The local plant will produce 380 variants for markets across the globe"

380 variants is huge. My guess is that by December, Ford could pass on benefit of better interiors we saw in European version to Indian version.

Considering the leg space and quality of interiors, I no longer see launch price of 5.99 lacs as attractive.
Old 29th March 2013, 12:32   #344
BHPian

Just now called up Mantri Mall at 080 3016 0001 to get the news confirmed.
And it is on display at the UG(Upper Ground) Floor
i may go down to Mantri Mall today evening to have a look!!!
InControl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2013, 13:58   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyrules View Post
Oh yes, there would be differences.
One classic example being Nissan, the Americans pronounce it as Nee san
OT: Hyundai - Hi - yoon - day - thats how Ozzies and Americans etc pronounce it.
Closed Thread