Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 31st March 2013, 14:07   #376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Or is there a chance we might see a diesel auto at the top end?
In Brazil they have a 4WD version which is powered by 2.0 diesel and dual clutch GB (same as in new fiesta AT here).
Old 31st March 2013, 14:21   #377
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
In Brazil they have a 4WD version which is powered by 2.0 diesel and dual clutch GB (same as in new fiesta AT here).
Its a 2.0 Petrol Flex Fuel Engine (Not a Diesel)

http://indianautosblog.com/2012/10/f...sao-paulo-2012
Old 31st March 2013, 14:35   #378
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not at all, it's a medium size suitcase. Did you miss the below link?

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/fo...ase-51970.html
Of interest is this line from that page:
Quote:
...its maximum output of 125 hp, which can be safely raised to 145 hp using a simple ECU remap.
Old 31st March 2013, 16:10   #379
BHPian

Quote:

Not at all, it's a medium size suitcase. Did you miss the below link?

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/fo...ase-51970.html
I missed out on that link thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetg84 View Post
Breaking news: as Per overdrive the high end diesel variant will be priced at rs 13.5L ???outrageous and sure shot flop
Overdrive

bertrandOD: Exclusive: Expect top end diesel Ford Ecosport to be priced at13.5L on-road ex-Thane. Other pricing closely matched to Duster. #OD
13.5Lakhs is ridiculous. Isn't the news doing rounds that there will be 4 variants in whole 3 petrol variants and 1 diesel variant. At 13.5L one can buy a bigger and more powerful car. Overdrive is trying some kind off marketing stunt by releasing news like this.
Old 31st March 2013, 16:46   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Or is there a chance we might see a diesel auto at the top end?

AT gear box on diesel hatch/mini-SUV? I think manufacturers' heads will explode if they do that. Or, their lives will be cursed. Jokes apart, when will these morons understand that there is a big virgin territory for diesel AT hatch/mini-SUV? US returnees/senior citizens/ladies/tired-of-gear-change-hard-clutch regular drivers have still nothing in the market for them. Verna at 13.5 L on road is the cheapest option. Imagine if Maruti adds AT box to Swift. Even at 1 lakh premium, it will find many buyers. Because it will still be several lakhs short of Verna price. I would be first one to buy. Minus some lakhs and minus a boot which I hardly use. And all this on a hatch which still is best looking hatch in country.
Old 31st March 2013, 16:57   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post

Its a 2.0 Petrol Flex Fuel Engine (Not a Diesel)

http://indianautosblog.com/2012/10/f...sao-paulo-2012
Thanks for the clarification, was watching this video in Spanish and could not understand if it was a petrol or diesel. But just as many here feel even i think a diesel AT will make a lot of sense at even 11 OTR.
Old 31st March 2013, 17:01   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
AT gear box on diesel hatch/mini-SUV? I think manufacturers' heads will explode if they do that. Or, their lives will be cursed. Jokes apart, when will these morons understand that there is a big virgin territory for diesel AT hatch/mini-SUV? US returnees/senior citizens/ladies/tired-of-gear-change-hard-clutch regular drivers have still nothing in the market for them. Verna at 13.5 L on road is the cheapest option. Imagine if Maruti adds AT box to Swift. Even at 1 lakh premium, it will find many buyers. Because it will still be several lakhs short of Verna price. I would be first one to buy. Minus some lakhs and minus a boot which I hardly use. And all this on a hatch which still is best looking hatch in country.
The thing is, Maruti doesn't need to do it!! Swift is already a best-seller.
Even if the current grim circumstances continue, adding a more expensive variant to the lineup will surely be the last thing to do in the manufacturer's mind
Old 31st March 2013, 17:04   #383
Senior - BHPian

Nothing breaking there mate, thats just Overdrive. We should send them some Easter eggs and a bunny, for 13.5L we are talking XUV W8 pricing in Mumbai

And I am secretly hoping Ford wont dare to do such a suicide with the EcoSport!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetg84 View Post
Breaking news: as Per overdrive the high end diesel variant will be priced at rs 13.5L ???outrageous and sure shot flop
Overdrive

bertrandOD: Exclusive: Expect top end diesel Ford Ecosport to be priced at13.5L on-road ex-Thane. Other pricing closely matched to Duster. #OD
Old 31st March 2013, 17:16   #384
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Hormazd Sorabjee keeps tweeting that Ford is going to shock all of us with their pricing & now its Overdrive's turn & they have indeed shocked us with the 13lakh estimated price!
Anything over 10lakh is a bit too much for this car i feel.
Old 31st March 2013, 18:58   #385
BHPian

Checked out the ecosport in person today at mantri mall. Was any BHPian there?

Im glad that i waited for this rather than going in for other cars. Very good interiors except the plastics near the gear lever. Gets easily smudged. Everything felt good quality and durable although the mirrors kinda felt different.

There is a lot of blind spot on the driver side due to the A pillar. Few felt that the IRVM wasnt adequately covering the back, but i felt ok with it.

Legroom was decent and even on full pushback of front seat i had very small amount of gap between the seat and my legs.

Overall happy with the car. Did not see the DRLs though and also did not get to see the engine compartment. The ford people were telling "sir its new engine trade secret blah blah so cant show till launch" or maybe ford did not like the comments about the cluttered compartment and hence has decided to change it in production to a cleaner one.

The ground clearance was also good even with four passengers my helmet could slide halfway under the car anywhere on the sides. But the front and back diffusers hinder the clearance.

The car was abused a lot with people playing with the switches for the rear door over and over.

The car was a crowd puller. Not a single moment was there when the stall was less crowded. It was packed to the full. It was actually funny as noone was looking at the i20 parked a few steps away. Ford has gone all out for this launch. I only wish they dont delay it for long. Few pics of the crowd puller.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130331_185652.png
Views: 2301
Size:  637.2 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130331_185702.png
Views: 1769
Size:  463.2 KB
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2013, 19:08   #386
BHPian

Had been to Mantri mall to have a look at the Ecosport. The car looks great in flesh. As already mentioned by others, this one will have nice road presence. The model on display was Ecoboost Titanium version. Couple of observations,

1. This one will be an instant hit amongst the ladies. Wifey got excited seeing the Ecosport. There were several more ladies wanting to get inside the ecosport.

2. Quality issues as already mentioned by others. The side cover on the driver seat (plastic) was already coming off. Plastic was too thin.

3. Roof rails seemed to be of poor quality.

4. Boot space looked little more than my Getz. A 70-75kg man got inside the boot and he looked comfortable. Parcel tray was cool.

5. Felt nice sitting on the drivers seat. However I wasn't very comfortable getting inside the car. Not sure if it was because of too many people trying to get inside at the same time. Saw couple of people throwing themselves on to the driver seat.

6. Push the driver seat all the way back. You have around 3-4 inches between the rear seat and the driver seat. I dont think anybody will need to push it all the way back. i am 6 feet and I had pushed the seat little more than half the distance.

I liked whatever I saw today and now it all depends on the pricing. Price it well Ford and you have a customer in me. Signing off with few pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130331_155050.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130331_155544.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130331_155559.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130331_155627.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130331_155805.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130331_155818.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130331_155825.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130331_160052.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130331_160111.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130331_162127.jpg  

Last edited by zteg : 31st March 2013 at 19:23.
zteg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2013, 19:26   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
Had been to Mantri mall to have a look at the Ecosport. The car looks great in flesh. As already mentioned by other mentioned, this one will have nice road presence. The model on display was Ecoboost Titanium version. Couple of observations,
Thanks for the photos. With the latest batch of photos from the Bangalore launch, Ford seems to have learned atleast some lessons. The photos and interiors look better than the Delhi pics. Maybe all it needed was a good wash
I wasn't able to see the Ecosport in flesh since I was out of town both the times the Ecosport was in the NCR region, so I really don't have anything to judge by.

My question to all the people who've seen and sat in the Ecosport, how good is the view from the driver's seat? Does it have the feel of an SUV with respect to the seating position?
One of the advantages of SUVs, that I see is the high seating position and how that enables a better view of the road and surroundings for the driver. The Duster isn't too good in that department in my humble opinion. Is the Ecosport any better ?
Old 31st March 2013, 19:33   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
My question to all the people who've seen and sat in the Ecosport, how good is the view from the driver's seat? Does it have the feel of an SUV with respect to the seating position?
One of the advantages of SUVs, that I see is the high seating position and how that enables a better view of the road and surroundings for the driver. The Duster isn't too good in that department in my humble opinion. Is the Ecosport any better ?
The Ecosport does have a high seating position (as is obvious) and it has height adjustment too. However I couldn't see the bonnet sitting on the drivers seat.
Lot of blind spots too, thanks to the A-pillar.
Old 31st March 2013, 19:59   #389
BHPian

I wonder if all black interiors is making the legroom at rear appear to be limited? Illusion created by dark interiors.
Old 31st March 2013, 20:56   #390
MCR
BHPian

Had been to Mantri mall this afternoon to have a look at the EcoSport. First things first. This car is not as big as the Duster, Period. The size of the boot is also limited. Its very similar to the Premier Rio (in size). However the paint job is excellent. I feel that Quanto is a better buy then this car. If the top end is priced above 10 lacs ex-showroom, I am sure it will be a non seller.
MCR is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread