Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 14th April 2013, 20:53   #586
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Most cases I have only seen them housed nicely inside. Here it seems to come out!
"Most cases" as in other pre-production vehicles or other make/ model?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Candidate for potentially scrapping something during sharp turns.
Do we normally take sharp turns that close? If you take a closer look at it, the bumper and the fog lamp bezel are aligned at the same level.
Old 14th April 2013, 20:54   #587
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Candidate for potentially scrapping something during sharp turns.
+1
Possible. But I think chances are rare. Though it just seemed out of place for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamSaran View Post
Optical illusion... When we looked at it directly it aligned with the bumper.
No illusion. Its bulges out. It may align with the bumper, its not housed within.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
"Most cases" as in other pre-production vehicles or other make/ model?
By most cases I mean other vehicles. I have never seen one coming out like that. (May be I have not seen enough.
Do let me know)

Last edited by ampere : 14th April 2013 at 21:22.
Old 14th April 2013, 20:58   #588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Do we normally take sharp turns that close?
Many people do (and I did few times ) and that's the reason corners of the front bumpers are where most of the scratches/paint marks are found on many cars.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2013, 21:11   #589
BHPian

Name:  ForumRunner_20130414_210429.png
Views: 3706
Size:  446.8 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130414_210456.png
Views: 3715
Size:  448.7 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130414_210515.png
Views: 3708
Size:  402.1 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130414_210535.png
Views: 3702
Size:  465.1 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130414_210554.png
Views: 3655
Size:  357.9 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130414_210615.png
Views: 3646
Size:  300.0 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130414_210639.png
Views: 3707
Size:  415.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130414_210658.png
Views: 4162
Size:  454.6 KB

These are the pictures of Ford Ecosport displayed in Jaipur.
I find the vehicle quite a looker and exterior n interior both were wonderful. Probably a kind off cocktail of a hatch and SUV.
I believe if pricing is right, it will be a milking cow for the Ford.
ddriver is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2013, 21:19   #590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamSaran View Post

The read space is better than the swift. It would be more or less equal to I20 in my opinion. I adjusted the driver's seat for my height and then sat at the rear. I had absolutely no problem/discomfort. Did anyone mention that there is a rear seat recline option? And also this car is a four seater for guys of my size but three persons with normal build should do just fine if they don't mind rubbing each other from time to time!
+1

Yes there is rear seat recline option available. Rear can accommodate 3 persons of medium built, but not for long distances. A rod at the front seat bottom, restricts the foot movement for the rear passengers (just can't slide the foot onto front seat) Black leather seats are not of good quality atleast it appears to be.

Overall the car is very appealing & has decent space. There are reviews which is all praise of FES handling, so the only thing left out is the pricing at which this is going to get launched.
Old 14th April 2013, 22:02   #591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
These are the pictures of Ford Ecosport displayed in Jaipur.
Thanks for posting a pic of the VIN. From the VIN, it looks like the same vehicle that was displayed in Delhi is doing rounds in Jaipur too!
Old 15th April 2013, 07:16   #592

Checked the ecosport in flesh today in ea chennai. Deftly not a 5 seater. I am 5'10 and found really difficult to sit in middle worse than what verna has. It is deftly no comparison to duster. Duster can easily command a premium of 1-1.5 Lakhs over it. If ford blunders the pricing it is a goner.

It is a i20 rival with higher GC and aggressive SUV butch looks and obviously better handling. But for families of 5 members this will not cut the ice. Need to check out honda's diesel mill now for space. God bless competition.
Old 15th April 2013, 08:54   #593
Distinguished - BHPian

Went to EA mall in Chennai on Saturday to take a look at the Ecosport. Overall, I am impressed.
  • Except for the rear, none of the angles gives an impression of a hatchback. Looking dead straight from the rear, the car looks tiny & looks like a hatchback with spare mounted on it.
  • Inside space is impressive for a sub 4M car. I saw a 5'10" guy sitting behind a 6'4" guy & they said it was "OK" space.
  • Front seat is NOT very wide. I have an average frame and it was comfortable. Not sure how "wider" guys will feel about it.
  • Inside plastics - I was quite happy with those. It is definitely better than the ones on my 2008 Swift.
  • There is a soft touch fabric on the door where we can rest our arms - Felt quite nice.
  • Doors are H-E-A-V-Y; very new Fiesta like. Couple of ladies checking out the car had a tough time trying to open it up.
  • A set of people were really confused as to how to open the tail gate - comes with a touch sensor on the handle. Light press and the door pops out a bit. Easy to open and close too.
  • The base of the boot is quite good, but the rear seat recline does eat away a lot of loading space. This is one car which will demand you to be intelligent with respect to packaging stuffs in the boot (strolleys, cartons etc).
  • Fit and finish is good; hardly any panel gaps. The car looks nice overall. A whole lot of muscle in the front & back to give it some good presence.
  • Butter smooth gearshift - no sound or notchiness while shifting!
  • I believe it has good head room (am 6'2") even after adjusting the seat to high position.
  • Getting into the middle row had me crouching - tried it again, same result. So getting in & out is going to be a troublesome affair for tall people.
  • Demo car was shod with MRF tyres.
  • Car had leather seats and were snug fit.
  • Middle row is fairly tight with two decently built adults; no way even a lean guy could be placed in between!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 15th April 2013 at 08:55.
swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 12:08   #594
BANNED

I have a new "dynamic" perspective to share regarding the Amaze vs. Ecosport discussion (even though it is a comparison which is unfair, I guess).
I just came back from Brazil and while there, enjoyed some time with a friend's Ecosport. (The Amaze I had already driven in Thailand last December). So here's my view. The Amaze looks and feels like a city dweller's car.Excellent mileage, non-offensive looks(in my books sharp creases on the body don't make a car look cool or aggressive; grow up people), and the ever so drool inducing Honda brand name attached to it. The ride and handling is a slightly subjective issue but I did not like it. Compared to the previous generation Honda Fit (or Jazz), the ride is "truckish". This is a plane Jane, non-Honda like, typically Maruti like vehicle. The expectations of a Honda are very high and this one falls flat on its face albeit while giving excellent mileage. The noise inside the cabin was good because I drove the gasoline version. I haven't heard too many good things about the diesel experience though.
Coming to the Ecosport, now this is a car which matches the feel promised by the OEM. It rides superbly, handles city and patchy roads very well and just gives driving pleasure. (A term which I am very disappointed to say I cannot associate with Honda for the Amaze- there is no emotion in the drive of the car). The exterior looks are aggressive and water wading capabilities are superb. We literally drove through a stream at 30mph (with great trepidation) and it was a breeze. The Eco-boost proves why it is the international engine of the year with great power and mileage.

Overall, Ecosport is consistent with Ford driving feel and image projected in all the advertisements. The Amaze just doesn't reach to Honda standards. It is definitely better than what Toyota did with the Etios but is not worthy of the Honda Badge.
Carophilic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 13:16   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
  • Middle row is fairly tight with two decently built adults; no way even a lean guy could be placed in between!
+1

3 decently built adults will find it difficult to occupy the rear bench on long journeys.

Checked out the EcoSport in EA Chennai yesterday. Below are my observations/opinions
  • It is a looker. It has a good presence and potential to make heads turn.
  • The moment I stepped in, I found that the quality of plastics are not up to the mark. My Fabia has better quality plastics.
  • The leg room is very good and noone will complaint on that front
  • While the shoulder room at the rear will be a deal breaker for many including me. I dont think my 3 from my family can fit in there easily.
  • It has a good head room and no problem there
  • The leathers on the seats were also not up to the mark. May be because of the pre production car.
  • Few people also felt the drivers seat to be narrow as well
  • The boot space is decent and one wont find it difficult to open and close the boot with the spare wheel
  • The wrong side boot opening should not be a problem in my opinion
  • lack of dead pedal will be concern to me
Most of the people checking out the car were not happy with the rear seat. Everyone felt that it will be difficult to fit in the third person. This is because everyone there was directly comparing the EcoSport with full grown SUV. In fact they were referring to the EcoSport as an SUV . Adding to this, there was no proper SA to guide the people. Lady at the counter told me that the lauch and price announcement will be in a month.

The delay by Ford, Lauch of Amaze is sure to affect the EcoSport. Now everything boils down to the pricing.
Old 15th April 2013, 13:18   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haripi2 View Post
Checked the ecosport in flesh today in ea chennai. Deftly not a 5 seater. I am 5'10 and found really difficult to sit in middle worse than what verna has. It is deftly no comparison to duster. Duster can easily command a premium of 1-1.5 Lakhs over it. If ford blunders the pricing it is a goner.

It is a i20 rival with higher GC and aggressive SUV butch looks and obviously better handling. But for families of 5 members this will not cut the ice. Need to check out honda's diesel mill now for space. God bless competition.
Very True. Actually, we checked with the same 3 person in my friends i10 and it had the same space. So even 3 normal build person cannot sit comfortably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Went to EA mall in Chennai on Saturday to take a look at the Ecosport. Overall, I am impressed.
  • Inside space is impressive for a sub 4M car. I saw a 5'10" guy sitting behind a 6'4" guy & they said it was "OK" space.
  • Front seat is NOT very wide. I have an average frame and it was comfortable. Not sure how "wider" guys will feel about it.
  • Inside plastics - I was quite happy with those. It is definitely better than the ones on my 2008 Swift.
  • Doors are H-E-A-V-Y; very new Fiesta like. Couple of ladies checking out the car had a tough time trying to open it up.
  • Fit and finish is good; hardly any panel gaps. The car looks nice overall. A whole lot of muscle in the front & back to give it some good presence.
  • Butter smooth gearshift - no sound or notchiness while shifting!
Exactly what i felt, especially the door. It was like in fiat or skoda. There were comments here about safety and why doors are so thick. But, if they can just cut it down a little then it would make the third person in the rear to sit comfortably. I myself dont want a maruti(no offense) like doors but just a little adjustment would help.
Old 15th April 2013, 15:55   #597
BHPian

saw this car at EA mall at chennai yesterday. Its a quite looker and small head turner.
Quality of the metal used is too good. Heavy doors and good quality metal sheets used. Black interiors. What i was not impressed was the space inside that reminded me of the old model erlx santro! I would say that i might be interested in paying a little more than a premium hatch especially for the solid quality of the metal used.

Last edited by MuzzledMoose : 15th April 2013 at 16:00.
Old 15th April 2013, 18:42   #598
BHPian

Its sad to see the space so tight in rear. Innova(1770) and ecosport(1765) have more or less same width but somehow the space is missing in ecosport :(
Old 15th April 2013, 20:13   #599
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassics45 View Post
Its sad to see the space so tight in rear. Innova(1770) and ecosport(1765) have more or less same width but somehow the space is missing in ecosport :(
It may be because of how wide the car is externally to how narrow it is internally. To give a SUV stance the designers have flared the wheel arches, added a curvy boot la Duster, however the internal space between the two doors is hatchback like.
This versus the Innova which has plain body panels so its almost as wide inside as it looks outside.
Old 16th April 2013, 15:39   #600
BHPian

It is quite a head turner & frankly i think its unfair to talk about rear legroom. It is after all a sub 4 meter SUV & so it has as much rear legroom as my SWIFT. If we want a tall compact SUV with less than 4 meters for making it easy to park & only 12% excise duty to deliver killer pricing, I guess this is the best we can expect. It certainly has swept me off my feet. I was so confused (DUSTER to ECOSPORT to Polo 1.2 TSI to ECOSPORT again) but now I am firm that I will wait till June to book my Ecosport.

This is a car for peope like me who mostly drive in the city, park in offices where space is cramped, drive over bad roads, almost always will drive with maximum of 2 adults + 1 kid & finally once in a while drive out on highways. it is a tick against all boxes.

Last edited by urajkumar : 16th April 2013 at 15:40.
Closed Thread