Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 24th April 2013, 11:11   #661
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

The seats here look definitely better than the ones seen on the display cars. Notice the nice contours on the sides, much like the NFS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrvSafe View Post
Spotted this Ecosport in our office parking. We can have a size comparison with other hatchbacks.

Attachment 1076953
Old 24th April 2013, 11:16   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Spotted this Ecosport in our office parking. We can have a size comparison with other hatchbacks.

Attachment 1076948
thanks for the size comparo, i was waiting for this in fact.
Never seen ecosport directly and never thought it'll have comparable size with a swift. The ecosport when kept between a polo and swift, looks like a beefed up fusion of the both the hatch ! any one else with similar thoughts ?
Old 24th April 2013, 11:23   #663
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the size comparison. With the Xylo, the ES looks like a scale model car. Having SUV looks and when compared to the Xylo, it looks really small. Almost same as the Swift. No wonder, people commented it's rear seats almost similar to the swift. But looks good.
Old 24th April 2013, 14:27   #664
BHPian

That's find of the month. Good Shots. Good, solid looking mini SUV. So Folks, Please stop posting that its seats are wide enough when compared with ABC, its smaller than XYZ, bigger than Alto etc. Its a new segment that is getting created here and we will have to respect Ford's idea.
Old 24th April 2013, 14:46   #665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
That's find of the month. Good Shots. Good, solid looking mini SUV. So Folks, Please stop posting that its seats are wide enough when compared with ABC, its smaller than XYZ, bigger than Alto etc. Its a new segment that is getting created here and we will have to respect Ford's idea.
Sorry to be a bit rude, but Comparing it with an established product is a great way to measure up the car in all its aspects.
At the end of the day, nobody here cares that they bought a car from a "New Segment", they just want a good car, a car that it better suited to their needs than the others.

and how do you check if a car is better than the other, By comparing!! You can't ask us to stop comparing.....
Old 24th April 2013, 14:54   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Sorry to be a bit rude, but Comparing it with an established product is a great way to measure up the car in all its aspects.
At the end of the day, nobody here cares that they bought a car from a "New Segment", they just want a good car, a car that it better suited to their needs than the others.

and how do you check if a car is better than the other, By comparing!! You can't ask us to stop comparing.....
Some logical thinking has to be here, when folks are comparing things. You cannot compare Jack Fruit and Apple in terms of sizing. But for its taste, sweetness, Yes. That's what i am trying to put up here. Just go through this thread few pages from here. You will find all sorts of bleak comparisons.
Old 24th April 2013, 23:23   #667
BHPian

The same Ecosport is parked at the same parking spot since last week. Its rear right tyre is punctured (May be thats the reason why its lying at the same spot). Today Wagon r was parked next to it, so was not able to resist taking some more snaps. It looked awesome and very futuristic in between the other cars .

Hope you guys won't get bored of the same type of pics again.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-ecosport10.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-ecosport11.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-ecosport12.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-ecosport13.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-ecosport14.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-ecosport15.jpg  

DrvSafe is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th April 2013, 07:00   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Some logical thinking has to be here, when folks are comparing things. You cannot compare Jack Fruit and Apple in terms of sizing. But for its taste, sweetness, Yes. That's what i am trying to put up here. Just go through this thread few pages from here. You will find all sorts of bleak comparisons.
I think comparisons are inevitable. According to my logic, if the car costs 9L on the road, I would naturally think about other cars which I can get for that sort of money. I think when one compares the swift's back seat space with the EcoSport's, they are comparing an attribute and not the car as a whole. But deriding this car for not being able to seat three people in comfort seems to be a mistake at least according to me. The car has other attributes which are simply a cut above the rest of the hatchbacks on offer.

PS: I once heard that the new Hyundai Sonata was created with the BMW 3 series as benchmark. So even the manufactures have to compare their products for various attributes of the car with the ones in the market. I think Ford would not have waited so long for launching the EcoSport if they didn't compare with what is out there in the market today.

Quote:
The same Ecosport is parked at the same parking spot since last week. Its rear right tyre is punctured (May be thats the reason why its lying at the same spot). Today Wagon r was parked next to it, so was not able to resist taking some more snaps. It looked awesome and very futuristic in between the other cars .

Hope you guys won't get bored of the same type of pics again.
Where is your office located? I am surprised that Ford has left their potential game changer in a single place for so long without even repairing it. Someone earlier in the thread said this car is Wagon R on steroids and he got nearly rosted for those comments. But if only the external dimensions are taken into account, then his assumption seems to be validated. But then again, this car feels more substantial than any other hatchbacks (that cost less than 10L) that I have seen until now.
Old 25th April 2013, 08:04   #669
BHPian

Quote:
The same Ecosport is parked at the same parking spot since last week. Its rear right tyre is punctured (May be thats the reason why its lying at the same spot).
Isn't that what the spare is for? I'm surprised this has been parked out in the open for everyone to ogle at!
Do you work for Ford

All said, the car is definitely a looker. From the angle of the photos it looks slightly shorter and broader than the Wagon R and yet it looks leagues ahead of that design. In terms of size and dimensions one would be forgiven for saying it's a hatch on steroids but one can't deny the fact that it's a fresh design. It is less than 4 mtr in lenght, after all. I'm glad Ford didn't do a Maruti and increase the height making the car look out of proportion and unsafe on corners.

Comparison to the Polo, on the other hand, is what I'm looking at. The polo is a nice timeless kind of design, sort of like the Palio and this is a modern contemporary design. Might work for some, might not for others but kudos to Ford for attempting this.
Old 25th April 2013, 08:07   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamSaran View Post
I think comparisons are inevitable. According to my logic, if the car costs 9L on the road, I would naturally think about other cars which I can get for that sort of money. I think when one compares the swift's back seat space with the EcoSport's, they are comparing an attribute and not the car as a whole. But deriding this car for not being able to seat three people in comfort seems to be a mistake at least according to me. The car has other attributes which are simply a cut above the rest of the hatchbacks on offer.

PS: I once heard that the new Hyundai Sonata was created with the BMW 3 series as benchmark. So even the manufactures have to compare their products for various attributes of the car with the ones in the market. I think Ford would not have waited so long for launching the EcoSport if they didn't compare with what is out there in the market today.
Again, I am expecting some kind of sensible comparison from our tbhpians. If you go through this thread/previous Ecosport thread, You can find all kind of lame comparisons. IMHO, some of our folks here are just making a post to increase their Post count
sbala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2013, 13:50   #671
BHPian

In the days of amby, fiat and maruti, whenever we spot a bmws or mercs, we use to say "Hey i saw a foreign car today". Now, I feel the same, when i see ecosport among these cars in the picture.
Old 25th April 2013, 15:16   #672
BHPian

The Jazz at distant left looks bigger than ES. Anyway i am not complaining .
The ES looks just proportionate. Was wondering if it would be tall,short and wide. But thank god its just right.

Also good thing is its shorter than Wagon R in height, which means Parking is going to be as easy as a hatchback/sedan!!
Old 25th April 2013, 15:38   #673
BHPian

ok am i seeing this correct is the Ecosport actually the same height as the Wagon R ?
i think its safe to assume that the seat position would be nothing SUV like with that height
that's disappointing because for a Scorpio owner like me both the Duster and Ecosport are not an option with such a low ride.
Old 25th April 2013, 16:06   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
ok am i seeing this correct is the Ecosport actually the same height as the Wagon R ?
i think its safe to assume that the seat position would be nothing SUV like with that height
that's disappointing because for a Scorpio owner like me both the Duster and Ecosport are not an option with such a low ride.
Moving from Scorpio to Duster/Ecosport will be kind of downgrade as Scorpio is a real SUV. Be it looks, seating position, height, size, its a SUV in every angel. IMO, Ecosport is baby SUV. Its just in between a hatch/sedan and SUV.
Old 25th April 2013, 16:20   #675
BHPian

Did anyone notice the ecosports right rear tyre is under inflated? Can't believe the driver of the car is driving or rather testing this car with this major problem. Surely his test results won't be right!!
Closed Thread