Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 15th May 2013, 10:49   #976
Mik
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Check the youtube videos Maneesh. AutoCar and other magazines have posted first impression video reviews. In one review, they have placed the EcoSport next to a Ford Figo. You will be sad to note, that dimensionally, both appear exactly alike, maybe the EcoSport is about an inch or two taller at the max, its a side shot, so side profile and height get compared visually.
The ecosport is around 2.5 inches taller and in real life looks much bigger than the Figo from every angle. I had parked my Figo adjacent to an Ecosport in a service center two months back to check it out. The service advisor insisted that pics not be taken as "company was getting angry"
Mik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 10:58   #977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Happened to see a TN registered ECOsport in my office campus at Whitefield.

Attachment 1083734
TN-19-K-XXXX? looks like there is an EcoSport Urban Discovery winner in your office campus! Courtesy, the picture in the same page, which shows a TN-19-K-XXXX car being delivered at Metro Ford.

So now, go around, find who the lucky winner is, become his/her friend and get to know more about the car and update us all
Old 15th May 2013, 11:01   #978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
TN-19-K-XXXX? looks like there is an EcoSport Urban Discovery winner in your office campus! Courtesy, the picture in the same page, which shows a TN-19-K-XXXX car being delivered at Metro Ford.

So now, go around, find who the lucky winner is, become his/her friend and get to know more about the car and update us all
No luck yet man, waited around to spot the owner and no signs of him/her. Went back at-least 6 times to the parking lot and the owner is still elusive.
Old 15th May 2013, 11:53   #979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
The ecosport is around 2.5 inches taller and in real life looks much bigger than the Figo from every angle. I had parked my Figo adjacent to an Ecosport in a service center two months back to check it out. The service advisor insisted that pics not be taken as "company was getting angry"
Quote:
Check the youtube videos Maneesh. AutoCar and other magazines have posted first impression video reviews. In one review, they have placed the EcoSport next to a Ford Figo. You will be sad to note, that dimensionally, both appear exactly alike, maybe the EcoSport is about an inch or two taller at the max, its a side shot, so side profile and height get compared visually.
Please see this post to compare Figo and Ecosport in terms of size comparison .. I have written down my impressions as well in this post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3120695 (Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!)
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 11:53   #980
BHPian

Quote:
No luck yet man, waited around to spot the owner and no signs of him/her. Went back at-least 6 times to the parking lot and the owner is still elusive.
Leave a note under the windscreen wiper.
Old 15th May 2013, 12:22   #981
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
they have placed the EcoSport next to a Ford Figo. You will be sad to note, that dimensionally, both appear exactly alike, maybe the EcoSport is about an inch or two taller at the max, its a side shot, so side profile and height get compared visually.
Figo is in a corner and Ecosport in center. Corner objects appear distorted through camera lenses. So Figo appears stretched and warped. Do not go by this perception.

With regard to height, Range Rover Evoque is nearly half the height of Safari/Scorpio. But we all know which is drooled over more. Height is not the only criteria.
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 13:15   #982
Distinguished - BHPian

Just now spotted the Ecosport at a petrol station. Looks like it's the Es discoveries winner. Since I was in the opposite lane couldnt take a snap. Are they getting the 1L petrol engine variants? Looks like the top end version. Had alloys. Seeing in real for the first time and it impressed me at the very first glance. Pretty good in size and the huge GC was evident. It carried TN-19 number plates.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 13:24   #983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Figo is in a corner and Ecosport in center. Corner objects appear distorted through camera lenses. So Figo appears stretched and warped. Do not go by this perception.

With regard to height, Range Rover Evoque is nearly half the height of Safari/Scorpio. But we all know which is drooled over more. Height is not the only criteria.
Its is not the height but the overall size for me, my only concern would be that it should not look like a slightly blown up hatch with a spare on the rear door. I would not compare the Evoque here as it is a different class altogether
Old 15th May 2013, 13:40   #984
BHPian

I have couple of questions:

1. We know that India made EcoSport will be exported to over 40 countries and the quality of interiors in those EcoSport could be much better than what we get in India. Is there a possibility that Ford will offer upgraded interiors for Indian customers once they start exporting?

2. Since interiors and engine of EcoSport is heavily drawn from Fiesta, can we expect reduction in price of Fiesta once EcoSport gets launched? Economies of scale in common parts should help bring down the price.
Old 15th May 2013, 13:44   #985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Its is not the height but the overall size for me, my only concern would be that it should not look like a slightly blown up hatch with a spare on the rear door. I would not compare the Evoque here as it is a different class altogether
What different class? Look around. Ecosport is being compared to Amaze i10 and what not. How come no objections there? At least Evoque and Safari are both SUVs, albeit at different price levels.

Your concern is genuine. But even at short ceiling height a car can look good. Evoque, Duster are examples. It is the overall proportions which matter. I am sure Ecosport will aslo be in same league. Unlike Quanto which looks like a raised hatch.
Old 15th May 2013, 13:46   #986
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Park your car in a way that the owner cannot take it without you removing your car or better still put a big scratch or a small dent on the car and leave a note under the wiper, with your mobile number, offering to pay for the damages
Old 15th May 2013, 13:52   #987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post

Park your car in a way that the owner cannot take it without you removing your car or better still put a big scratch or a small dent on the car and leave a note under the wiper, with your mobile number, offering to pay for the damages
Please sir, don't mutilate it. Ecosport is a thing of beauty. Instead hide behind a pillar and wait for the owner. Offer him a 1000 bucks for a drive around the block! That's what I would do.
Please Ford, just get it over with. The suspense is killing us.
Old 15th May 2013, 14:11   #988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Its is not the height but the overall size for me, my only concern would be that it should not look like a slightly blown up hatch with a spare on the rear door.
In terms of first looks and what we see online, unfortunately it does seem to be just what you called it.
A hatch on heels. with the spare mounted on the tailgate.

It is not a SUV and by no means comparable to the Safaris and Endeavours of this world. Some have already said it is more comparable to the i20, just that it has better GC and other features.

Perhaps we should just wait for the official review here. If we try to set our expectations for a SUV, it is highly unlikely they will be met.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 14:33   #989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
In terms of first looks and what we see online, unfortunately it does seem to be just what you called it.
A hatch on heels. with the spare mounted on the tailgate.

It is not a SUV and by no means comparable to the Safaris and Endeavours of this world. Some have already said it is more comparable to the i20, just that it has better GC and other features.

Perhaps we should just wait for the official review here. If we try to set our expectations for a SUV, it is highly unlikely they will be met.
You are right, I waited first for the Duster & then Ecosport but seeing the initial views I am now bending toward the XUV which is the top SUV in my budget.
Old 15th May 2013, 14:34   #990
BHPian

If Ford don't price it right, Maruti should jack up the Swift with higher size tyres, put the spare wheel on the rear door, add some good roof rails. It will sell like hot cakes.
echo77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread