Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 16th May 2013, 12:53   #1021

Default Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Someone has tested the diesel version too. How come others did not get to test the diesel version. http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2...-tiny-package/
Old 16th May 2013, 13:15   #1022
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Some one was lucky enough to crash one too, while a few lesser mortals like us are awaiting to test drive one yet .
That is testing the car to the limits.

I like this particular note posted below the photo on FB "How NOT to drive the Ford Ecosport. Fortunately, our colleagues in the car are fine and all the safety features work like a charm, including the emergency assist which had an ambulance at the scene in 5 minutes."

to Ford to have given us the emergency assist feature. Kudos
Old 16th May 2013, 13:30   #1023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some one was lucky enough to crash one too, while a few lesser mortals like us are awaiting to test drive one yet .
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
That is testing the car to the limits.
It is interesting to note that someone managed to topple it to its side. Now I really believe those people who said it is a SUV!
Edit: is there any info on how this happened? Is it a driver mistake or something can be attributed to the Ecosport.

Last edited by selfdrive : 16th May 2013 at 13:31.
Old 16th May 2013, 13:53   #1024
BHPian

Slightly off the current topic, but still partially related.
How easy or difficult is it for manufacturers to provide a list of parts that can be customized during delivery. Many of you will refer it to as after market fit, but what i am asking is if we were to be allowed to build our own trim levels within a certain boundary. To explain it a bit better with the Ecosport
1) Softer aspects - LED lamps instead of the regular ones
2) Motoring aspects - Instead of an EPS can we ask for an HPS during manufacturing

There are whole host of trims that one would seek and maybe manufacturers would start looking at semi custom build vehicles
cheers
Old 16th May 2013, 14:08   #1025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks14 View Post
Someone has tested the diesel version too. How come others did not get to test the diesel version. http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2...-tiny-package/
And it says:

"The Wall Street Journal test drove both the 1.5 liter diesel and the 1.0 liter, turbocharged “EcoBoost” version of the SUV. The responsiveness and acceleration of the diesel version was impressive, feeling much stronger than the official 91 horsepower that Ford says it produces. The EcoBoost was slightly less overwhelming, despite producing a reported 125 horsepower."

This is what i was looking for, which of the 2 engines is more responsive!

Really strange that none of the other reviewers have commented on the diesel variant, I hope GTO's review covers all the 3 engines + AT

Last edited by pamishra : 16th May 2013 at 14:09.
Old 16th May 2013, 14:16   #1026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Nice review.very well written.

Motoroids has mentioned that there will not be a titanium version for the diesel!! If this is the case then i am sure the ecosport will not cross 10 lakhs for the top version but it also can mean that the ecoboost titanium option will be the highest priced variant?? I dont know how well the diesel loving crowed will take to that fact that they cannot get all those feature available in the titanium version in their diesels.Only the titanium version gets airbags plus SYNC and other gadgetry but if ford is not offering this for the diesel then will the diesel sell ??
If this is true then this will be the first time that a petrol variant of a car out specs its diesel counterpart by a huge margin.Smart move by ford?? or suicidal??
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Yes, I also noticed that. If it's true, it'll be a very interesting move from Ford. I won't call it suicidal yet but they're really going all out to promote the Ecoboost. Wonder how it'll sell in our market.
One thing i noticed in the motoroids review is that they mentioned the variant with 6 airbags as titanium throughout their review, whereas it is actually Titanium optionpack. So, i think what they meant was ecoboost gets the Titanium optionpack with 6 airbags, start/stop etc. while the regular titanium with 2 airbags & sync will be available with both diesel and ecoboost.

Last edited by drpudhi : 16th May 2013 at 14:17.
Old 16th May 2013, 14:28   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles101 View Post
One more review from Motoroids on the Ecosport - http://motoroids.com/reviews/ford-ec...punchy-packet/
Lovely review. So obviously written by a motoring enthusiast. The passion comes through beautifully.

Quote:
Some one was lucky enough to crash one too, ...
I didn't know test drivers were allowed to crash test as well.
An SUV lying on its side... hmmm....there goes the SUV pretentions outta the window.
Old 16th May 2013, 14:48   #1028
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
One thing i noticed in the motoroids review is that they mentioned the variant with 6 airbags as titanium throughout their review, whereas it is actually Titanium optionpack. So, i think what they meant was ecoboost gets the Titanium optionpack with 6 airbags, start/stop etc. while the regular titanium with 2 airbags & sync will be available with both diesel and ecoboost.
I think there is quite a bit of confusion because the variants and related features are not yet disclosed. For example, one of the reviewers was talking about hill-hold function while reviewing the 1.0 Ecoboost, but I think that will be available only in the 1.5 DCT AT.
Old 16th May 2013, 14:52   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
From Motoroids review --

What does that mean to my cost of ownership over long term? Will they able to price the maintenance/service experience well?

Motoroids seems to have hired a new reporter! This is unlike any review they have put up ever so far.
True. I have never seen such a review from Motoroids earlier. I would say a very good review. Maybe the Ecosport is bringing out the best in reviewers.

Hopefully we get TeamBHPs official review early next week as mentioned earlier by GTO. Now that would be something to savour.
Old 16th May 2013, 14:55   #1030
BHPian

No word on day time running lights? I saw a few posts that suggested that it would be offered but no recent pics or news that confirms it.

http://motorbash.com/spied-ford-ecos...ng-drls-video/

I Thought these drls looked cool. Unlike the bluish dull cheap ones in the xuv 500
Old 16th May 2013, 15:03   #1031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
No word on day time running lights? I saw a few posts that suggested that it would be offered but no recent pics or news that confirms it.

I Thought these drls looked cool. Unlike the bluish dull cheap ones in the xuv 500
There are no DRL's on Indian ones. I check it personally and even a Ford personnel confirmed the fact that those won't be offered anytime soon.
Old 16th May 2013, 15:31   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
And it says:

"The Wall Street Journal test drove both the 1.5 liter diesel and the 1.0 liter, turbocharged “EcoBoost” version of the SUV. The responsiveness and acceleration of the diesel version was impressive, feeling much stronger than the official 91 horsepower that Ford says it produces. The EcoBoost was slightly less overwhelming, despite producing a reported 125 horsepower."

This is what i was looking for, which of the 2 engines is more responsive!

Really strange that none of the other reviewers have commented on the diesel variant, I hope GTO's review covers all the 3 engines + AT
In India the reviewers get only the 1.0 litre Ecoboost engine, not the other two engine variants ..
Old 16th May 2013, 15:38   #1033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks14 View Post
Are these guys serious?

Quote:
During the test drive a major design flaw emerged that may be a deal breaker for some Indians. The horn is in the middle of the steering wheel, which made it difficult to turn and honk at the same time.
This alone makes me wonder if these guys really got a hand on the diesel when no one else did!! WSJ is not even an automotive entity to get any such privilege over marquee automotive names!

From motoroids -
Quote:
The Titanium variant will be available only with the 1 Liter EcoBoost turbocharged petrol and 1.5 Liter Ti-VCT petrol engine. The Titanium trim level brings along 6 speed PowerShift dual clutch automatic transmission for the 1.5 liter Ti-VCT petrol. Additional equipment on offer includes-
This totally sucks!! Goes back to my question - does it really take so much more to produce a diesel version of a car that you strip it down of features?
Old 16th May 2013, 15:44   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post

Wow they do look amazing and expensive and rich. But tell me one thing? Why are the alloys on the tyre different from the ones we see in the promotional pictures? Will we get the better looking alloys as an option?
These alloys kind of ruin the look of the car from behind.
Old 16th May 2013, 16:32   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post

This totally sucks!! Goes back to my question - does it really take so much more to produce a diesel version of a car that you strip it down of features?
I think these guys are also confused by the feature list that came out earlier which had mentioned only petrol variants on Titanium variants.It has also been talked about earlier in the thread.
I think there will be Titanium variants in the Diesel line up.I don't think Ford will shoot themselves in the foot as most of the sales will come from the diesel mill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag911 View Post
Why are the alloys on the tyre different from the ones we see in the promotional pictures? Will we get the better looking alloys as an option?
These alloys kind of ruin the look of the car from behind.
Because those aren't alloys,those are the steel wheels that are going to be offered in the lower variants and that's why they ruin the look from behind.
Closed Thread