Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 17th May 2013, 12:31   #1051
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Sorry for going offtopic. I have not been a close follower of this thread and was kind of surprised to know that the eco-sport has not yet been launched. This is because, I saw one orange eco-sport with permanent AP registration at Hyderabad. Is it possible that someone got hold of it as a pre-launch offer? Pls enlighten me.
It could be either the display vehicle for showrooms or Ecosport discovery team's car. There is one team from Hyd as well
Old 17th May 2013, 14:22   #1052
BANNED

is there a disel review of the ecosport? wanna know how refined and how powerful the engine is when compared to the ecoboost engine.Hope GTO will review all the engine variants and give his much awaited review.
Old 17th May 2013, 14:25   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetg84 View Post
is there a disel review of the ecosport? wanna know how refined and how powerful the engine is when compared to the ecoboost engine.Hope GTO will review all the engine variants and give his much awaited review.
GTO will probably not review the diesel since it wasn't given out by ford for this media drive. That said, it's the same engine that's doing duty in the new fiesta so you can check that out. For what its worth,I've heard it's a good smooth motor.
Old 17th May 2013, 15:10   #1054
Senior - BHPian

Is Ford planning a phased launch for the Ecosport, with the ecoboost engine first and the diesel later?

I presume so, because Ford is giving only the 1.0 litre engine to the reviewers.
Old 17th May 2013, 15:42   #1055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Is Ford planning a phased launch for the Ecosport, with the ecoboost engine first and the diesel later?

I presume so, because Ford is giving only the 1.0 litre engine to the reviewers.
I guess it is mentioned somewhere in this thread that Ford will launch all variants on day 1

Reason for ecoboost alone for reviewers could be to promote the new engine. People get an idea on the engine performance before the launch itself.
Old 17th May 2013, 17:01   #1056
BANNED

Ford has got the timing right this time for launching the most awaited car in India.Reason being the difference between the diesel and petrol is now hardly 13rs in Maharashtra.If priced sensibly Ford will find many takers for their much publicized ecoboost engine.Wild thinking If Ford Manages to price the 1 litre ecoboost petrol engine titanium variant at an on road price of the base model of Diesel variant.The ecoboost engine will sell like hot cake.I saw a Youtube video of cartoq review about the Ford ecosport and in the instrumentation display when the reviewer was toggling between the tachometer and so on the real time fuel consumption display showed only 7.8kmpl(rounding off to 8 for calculation)For obvious reasons the engine was tested to its limits in the 125km run.....This means that when driven hard the ecoboost engine is a real fuel guzzler.Assuming when the diesel driven to its limits will still return not less than 15kmpl.So the difference between mileage when revved hard is 7.2kms(rounding off to 7 for better calculation) now for every 10,000kms petrol consumed will be
10,000/8 equals 1250 litres of petrol.(total expense assuming for next 1 year petrol will stabilize at rs 70 per litre) 1250X70 equals rs 87,500 daily commute per day(10,000/365 equals 27kms approx)

DIESEL for every 10,000 kms diesel consumed will be 10,000/15 equals 666.66 (rounding off 667 litres of diesel) assuming diesel prices stabilize at 58 rs per litre for next 1 year total expense incurred will be 667X58 equals rs 38,686 again daily commute remains same 27kms approx
Difference in money saved on fuel 87500-38686 equals RS 48,814

Now diesel will definitely command a premium of rs 1 lakh over petrol ecosport,so it will take 2 years to recover the amount spent on diesel ecosport.

NOTE:this calculation is based when the engine is revved to its limits,When the petrol ecoboost is driven with ease it will definitely return close to 15 kmpl.So the amount of time taken to recover the diesel difference will increase substantially.
Old 17th May 2013, 17:27   #1057
Senior - BHPian

Well the Ecoboost petrol that too Titanium may NOT be priced lower than the base Diesel for the simple reason that it is a state of the art engine. It is likely to be completely imported or have high levels of imported components making it expensive. Ford will in all probability harp on its technology, performance and high fuel efficiency levels.
Old 17th May 2013, 17:44   #1058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Well the Ecoboost petrol that too Titanium may NOT be priced lower than the base Diesel for the simple reason that it is a state of the art engine. It is likely to be completely imported or have high levels of imported components making it expensive. Ford will in all probability harp on its technology, performance and high fuel efficiency levels.
Exactly, it will be priced at par top end diesel, or even can be expensive then top end diesel too. Similar case, we have is linea T-jet, where petrol engine is expensive then the diesel one.
Old 17th May 2013, 18:29   #1059
BHPian

Was browsing through the Ford cars available in Australia and saw the Ford Territory.I don't know if this has been talked about but the Ecosport's design seems to be heavily inspired by this SUV.
Here's the car
Attached Images

Marauder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2013, 19:35   #1060
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Was browsing through the Ford cars available in Australia and saw the Ford Territory.I don't know if this has been talked about but the Ecosport's design seems to be heavily inspired by this SUV.
Here's the car
it looks llike pregnant ecosport (just like pregnant swift ala previous gen swift dzire).
Old 17th May 2013, 20:19   #1061

I saw the ecosport in flesh today evening while filing fuel at the station near agricultural college-F.C road end, Pune. Urban discoveries team Pune rangers was driving it.
http://ecosportdiscoveries.co.in/team/pune-rangers/
I had a quick chat and dekho. The car looks awesome inside and outside. I understood why the launch has been named the most important launch of the year on team-bhp.
It was being driven by a fellow bhpian.
IMHO this car will give a lot of SUVs and sedans a run for their money.
Duster especially in my opinion.
-Bhaskar
BHaskar_AS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2013, 20:32   #1062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here's the car
Yes I had posted about it in the previous EcoSport Thread
Quote:
Checkout the EcoSport's big brother.It maybe a different platform altogether but the Australian Ford Territory's design has formed the basis of the modern design of the EcoSport. The Front is nearly identical!

Old 18th May 2013, 01:16   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
Here's the car
This is the face lifted territory, has been around for some time. The similarity is attributable to Ford's new design language. One will find a lot of similar design cues across Ford's model range.
Old 18th May 2013, 07:57   #1064
BHPian

I spotted an orange Ecosport in Bandra East (New Government Colony) with permanent TN numbers.

I am not a fan of its looks. It's a miss.
Old 18th May 2013, 08:37   #1065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Exactly, it will be priced at par top end diesel, or even can be expensive then top end diesel too. Similar case, we have is linea T-jet, where petrol engine is expensive then the diesel one.
Well in that case, R.I.P EcoBoost, It isn't gonna find any more buyers than the T-Jet. Infact, most probably, even lesser because it isn't poised to be as great to drive as the T-Jet.
From what I believe, the EcoBoost and Diesel will have a smaller price difference than the usually seen in between the two fuels, but the Diesel will still be higher priced for the same variant.
Closed Thread