Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 20th May 2013, 10:54   #1096
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

The way I see it, we can look at in two ways.
- Compare it to Premium hatches
- Comapre it to X-overs like Duster

Premium hatches :
- Jazz bombed thanks to pricing
- Fabia bombed but that may be due to other reasons
- I20 is good on sales because I think petrol is priced cheaper AND they have all trims coverd in Diesel too right from its launch.
- In fact, if we look at last month's sales chart, diesel actually outsold the cheaper petrol version! Thats again because, diesel is priced well across all variants.
- For Ecosport if they manage I20 kind of pricing spread, they should get good sales.

Now coming to X-over esp Duster:
- If space is a priority, people will not buy Ecosport
- If space is not a priority, then they will in all probability go for it.
- In that respect the demarcation clearly shows up.
- And an I20 like pricing would help also help the same.
- But given our penchant for SUVs, if Ford prices it a bit higher than I20 range, it may still work out.
- Of course one can add the negatives of Duster into the bargain. (Like if space then why not XUV/Storm etc. But then we are taking a different track)
- But the primary differentiation is space. Because no amount of gadgetry would let someone compromise on this primary requirement.

We can add a third dimension of Sedans as well.

Last edited by ampere : 20th May 2013 at 10:58.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2013, 11:37   #1097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post

As consumers see and experience world class products from other manufacturers made for developed markets, their perception of players like Renault will alter and this will lead to disenchantment longer term with these manufacturers, See the case of Tata Motors, every new Indica they sell to the taxi fleet, ends up as a standing symbol of cheapness, ugly design, bone-wrecking ride (dis)comfort. The more consumers see and experience these vehicles on the road, the further south the brands perception and premium of the Tata brand goes. The results are for all of us to see.
You have hit the nail on the head my friend. In my fervent support of the Eco sport a big notion is that they do not treat India as an after thought market. It is a global product and we get it in a form which Ford thinks is best for India. Now that to me is a good thing. If I for example go to England and they are launching the Eco sport there soon, and I get to use SYNC on a British trim Eco sport, this same SYNC is also used on my Eco sport back home. So in one thing I am getting a developed world feature and they are priced quite similarly. So wont that be a good thing, I know it might not mean much to a lot of people but to me it does. Now how would I feel if my car had restricted features and I had to pay more and when I found out that this car in question was coming from my own country and this could have been incorporated in my vehicle too. I would feel cheated.

I don't know if I explained the above properly and the SYNC bit is just an example but the the point I am trying to prove is Progressive products will be favoured in the long run and as more and more people in India are travelling this level of awareness will rise. And then as you have very aptly put a TATA effect will reflect to such manufacturers who use other restrictive strategies.

The above is the very same reason I have deep respect for Hyundai, they also bring global products and don't short change consumers. The end result is for all to see in the success of the i20, Verna, Elantra etc.

Mod Team : I hope this isn't OT, please delete if inappropriate.
eq24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2013, 12:04   #1098
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
I have been asked to keep it civil so in respect to that, I really don't care man, buy the duster or the i20 and if you dont like ford and its products, well that's your opinion.

I will stand up for what I believe and that is the Eco sport is a fine car and a fresh thing to have happened to the Auto industry in a long long time, you may chose to digress but that's your opinion.
I have no issues with Ford or any other car maker or even EcoSport for that matter. If it is a good car I hope it sells well. If you want to buy it when its priced high, so be it, your choice. What I didnt like is you belittling other cars in your interpretation of good the EcoSport is. Cheers...
Old 20th May 2013, 12:53   #1099
Distinguished - BHPian

A surprising response from the Ford dealer, Cochin. Shot a mail asking the details of the price, booking date, finance, TD, exchange etc etc. Got a reply stating that bookings will start during the first week of june. Asked for my mobile number and the details of my car which I'm planning to exchange. As soon as I mailed my number, got a call from the sales head. Immediately asked when they can come and see my car. I asked them not to hurry since I just have plans and not decided on it. TD vehicle will be available from next week and the price sheet will be sent to the dealer sometime this week. He said he would definitely call me this week when he gets the price sheet.

I seriously didnt expect a reply from them knowing that EcoSport will be attracting a lot of crowds and attention.Hope they would continue doing this and keep me updated on the progress.

Sorry for going a bit

Last edited by GTO : 21st May 2013 at 11:50. Reason: Do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, T-Fort) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2013, 14:02   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
He said he would definitely call me this week when he gets the price sheet.
Sorry for going a bit
Please post the ex-showroom price as soon as you receive.

Now everyone is scared of going off-topic even a little bit. Price discussion is very much on course.
Old 20th May 2013, 14:13   #1101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post

Now everyone is scared of going off-topic even a little bit. Price discussion is very much on course.
Most probably it will be once the official figures are out. So by then everyone will be aware. But in case I receive before that I shall definitely share it.
Old 20th May 2013, 14:17   #1102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Nice detailed review with some high resolution pics released by TheAutomotiveIndia

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...ve-review.html
Very very good review, i must say. They have covered most of the points in the review. Looks good car.

Why T-BHP not releasing their review? Almost all has already released the review for Ecosport. Please publish it fast mates, else people will know everything about the car from all reviews combined

Just yesterday saw car on the Road. Looks promising. But it has to be with Alloy wheels, big tires & tailgate mounted spare wheel. Then only it will look good else it will look like big hatch.
Old 20th May 2013, 14:49   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
A surprising response from the Ford dealer, Cochin. Shot a mail asking the details of the price, booking date, finance, TD, exchange etc etc. Got a reply stating that bookings will start during the first week of june. Asked for my mobile number and the details of my car which I'm planning to exchange. As soon as I mailed my number, got a call from the sales head. Immediately asked when they can come and see my car. I asked them not to hurry since I just have plans and not decided on it. TD vehicle will be available from next week and the price sheet will be sent to the dealer sometime this week. He said he would definitely call me this week when he gets the price sheet.

I seriously didnt expect a reply from them knowing that ES will be attracting a lot of crowds and attention.Hope they would continue doing this and keep me updated on the progress.

Sorry for going a bit
I dont think Ford or for that matter any company shares the price list with dealers before official launch of the car. Absolutely not possible.

Price and other details will be available only in June when the car will officially be launched.
Old 20th May 2013, 14:53   #1104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
I dont think Ford or for that matter any company shares the price list with dealers before official launch of the car. Absolutely not possible.

Price and other details will be available only in June when the car will officially be launched.
I feel the same. Since he said they would get the price list this week, Ford might actually release/launch the ES sometime this week then. Have to wait on that.
Old 20th May 2013, 15:12   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post

Generally companies send prices to the dealers only after they have officially announced it to the media. So i'm not sure if there is much value in what this dealer is saying.
Old 20th May 2013, 17:15   #1106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Very very good review, i must say.....hatch.
Yes!!, its a very good review. On the other side it has couple of TypO's and mistakes. Those guys have picked up lately, IMHO its the next best group.
Old 20th May 2013, 17:54   #1107
BANNED

As per Ford all variants of Ecosport will have the SYNC feature.Is it true?

Mano Vikas

Ford,
Do make me know the models "FORD SYNC" feature is loaded with in the Ecosport.

Like Friday at 15:47
vineetg84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2013, 19:02   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Very very good review, i must say. They have covered most of the points in the review. Looks good car.

Why T-BHP not releasing their review? Almost all has already released the review for Ecosport. Please publish it fast mates, else people will know everything about the car from all reviews combined
Agree.

From the written and video reviews I have perused so far, seems to be a very promising grown-up hatch, except for interior material quality. With the right price that can be forgiven.
Old 20th May 2013, 19:12   #1109
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted an Ecosport parked in a residential complex in my locality;

Name:  image3896237794.jpg
Views: 2382
Size:  451.3 KB

This is my first official spotting so posting
Old 20th May 2013, 21:53   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Spotted an Ecosport parked in a residential complex in my locality;

This is my first official spotting so posting
Which pixel in that image is the ecosport? Just kidding.

Are those some stickers on the sides or something else?
jayded is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread