Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2013, 19:18   #1126
BHPian
 
shivasuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 766
Thanked: 271 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Hope you get the diesel and the normal petrol motor's review thrown in too, because all the reviews from the Goa press meet were only of the eco-boost...
I think the media were given ecoboosts only, no diesel or the NA petrol.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2013, 20:29   #1127
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 67
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
^ I understand the anxiety, but will have to request more patience. Please understand that quality takes time . Vid6639 is working very hard to review each and every detail about the EcoSport. There's a lot of stuff happening behind the scenes. Not only do we want our review to be 100% accurate & comprehensive, but we also want it to serve the community for a long time as the definitive EcoSport guide.

We had committed that the EcoSport review will be up sometime this week, and it surely will.

Thanks!
@GTO could you kindly confirm whether the much awaited review will cover all engine variants or only the petrol ecoboost engine? thanks
vineetg84 is offline  
Old 21st May 2013, 20:38   #1128
BHPian
 
Guite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Noida, NCR
Posts: 470
Thanked: 177 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagust View Post
Spoke to MPL Ford Chennai. Pre-booking starts tomorrow for 20k and yellow is also going to be made available from the start as per them. Launch on June 11th and deliveries from end June.
How does this pre booking work? With no known price, how does a person book a specific variant? Do you just book an Ecosport just to be first in line and specify variant later? What is the cancellation terms and charge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
We had committed that the EcoSport review will be up sometime this week, and it surely will. Thanks!
How much can a man wait! Wait for the most comprehensive review, wait for the launch, wait for the price, wait for test drive, wait, wait all wait! Heck, I wanted to buy a new car by first week of June, now it has to wait.
Guite is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st May 2013, 21:16   #1129
BHPian
 
thiagust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 112
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
How does this pre booking work? With no known price, how does a person book a specific variant? Do you just book an Ecosport just to be first in line and specify variant later? What is the cancellation terms and
Pre-booking is to ensure that we are first in line. If you are not ok with the vehicle post a TD after june 11th, the money would be refunded. I'm waiting for a new AT for almost 8 months now.
thiagust is offline  
Old 22nd May 2013, 08:02   #1130
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,601
Thanked: 8,591 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Looks like tactics are pretty much globally consistent!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/life...coSport-uptake
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2013, 08:46   #1131
BHPian
 
sharninder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Goon-Gaon
Posts: 359
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Looks like tactics are pretty much globally consistent!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/life...coSport-uptake
Everyone around the world seems to be asking for an auto transmission for the Ecoboost engine. Economies are scale definitely seem to be on Ford's side here. Wonder when they'll bite the bullet.

The Fiesta hatchback with Ecoboost already has an auto transmission. Is that engine tuned differently?
sharninder is offline  
Old 22nd May 2013, 08:47   #1132
BHPian
 
vasanthn21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 745
Thanked: 303 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
We had committed that the EcoSport review will be up sometime this week, and it surely will.

Thanks!
GTO, I understad there would be a lot of comparisons with Duster in the review, but I would like to request you to specifically compare the Ride and Handling of Ecosport with that of Duster, as Duster seems to be the benchmark as of now in this department for sub-10L cars.
vasanthn21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2013, 09:08   #1133
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,889
Thanked: 9,721 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post

GTO, I understad there would be a lot of comparisons with Duster in the review, but I would like to request you to specifically compare the Ride and Handling of Ecosport with that of Duster, as Duster seems to be the benchmark as of now in this department for sub-10L cars.
I do know for a fact that the person testing the Ecosport spent a good two hours in a Duster during the weekend before!
ajmat is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2013, 10:47   #1134
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 239
Thanked: 204 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
^ I understand the anxiety, but will have to request more patience. Please understand that quality takes time . Vid6639 is working very hard to review each and every detail about the EcoSport. There's a lot of stuff happening behind the scenes. Not only do we want our review to be 100% accurate & comprehensive, but we also want it to serve the community for a long time as the definitive EcoSport guide.

We had committed that the EcoSport review will be up sometime this week, and it surely will.

Thanks!
GTO, Viddy,

Most reviewers have shied away from posting any reasonable measure of the real world fuel efficiency that the ecosport can give. I would like to know if Ford has managed to find the perfect recipe for great power & great FE. There have been a lot of misgivings about the real world fuel efficiency of ecoboost engines.

Wonder if you could test this aspect at all given short amount of time you would have had to test the car? Keeping my fingers crossed!
naut is offline  
Old 22nd May 2013, 12:01   #1135
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,601
Thanked: 8,591 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naut View Post
Wonder if you could test this aspect at all given short amount of time you would have had to test the car? Keeping my fingers crossed!
No media drives can ever report FE. Only a longer usage can get that info which I dont think any reviewer can find but for the owner himself.

All of them quote only the ARAI figures. But at least I would love to see this number being close to what the instrument MID reports. This was one thing which I saw was grossly off the order in the other reviews floating around. Some reviewers quoted even 7-10 from the MID. Now that is something which should be set straight.
ampere is offline  
Old 22nd May 2013, 13:12   #1136
BHPian
 
sunilg33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: bangalore
Posts: 242
Thanked: 130 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

A blog from The Wall Streat journal confirms testing 1.5 Diesel as well
http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2...-tiny-package/

Quote:
The Wall Street Journal test drove both the 1.5 liter diesel and the 1.0 liter, turbocharged “EcoBoost” version of the SUV. The responsiveness and acceleration of the diesel version was impressive, feeling much stronger than the official 91 horsepower that Ford says it produces. The EcoBoost was slightly less overwhelming, despite producing a reported 125 horsepower.
Seems like diesel was available to a selected few. I hope that Team-BHP also got one.
sunilg33 is offline  
Old 22nd May 2013, 14:22   #1137
BHPian
 
Guite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Noida, NCR
Posts: 470
Thanked: 177 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

The dealer over here is not doing advance booking. They said official launch will be next week. While we wait for that among other things, I want to get other users' feedback on Ford:-

1. Are Ford cars in India generally reliable? Reliable interms of no / rare electro-mechanical failures over a period of many years.

2. Is Ford India after sales service good?
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2013, 14:36   #1138
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,692
Thanked: 3,865 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I want to get other users' feedback on Ford:-

1. Are Ford cars in India generally reliable? Reliable interms of no / rare electro-mechanical failures over a period of many years.

2. Is Ford India after sales service good?
I will say 'Yes' for both questions based on my experience with Ford and its ASC for the past 9 years.
vb-san is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2013, 14:42   #1139
BHPian
 
eq24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Crazy-gaon, NCR
Posts: 376
Thanked: 307 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I want to get other users' feedback on Ford:-

1. Are Ford cars in India generally reliable? Reliable interms of no / rare electro-mechanical failures over a period of many years.

2. Is Ford India after sales service good?
Here goes,

1) I have had my Figo since September 2011 and till date, thankfully nothing has gone wrong, everything works the way it is intended to and I am touching 35000 KM. Driving is on the crazy locales Delhi and the unforgiving terrain of Gurgaon. This includes scary braking and instant accelerations. I am a sedate driver but I guess Sin city brings out the worse in us. The Figo has also endured monthly trips to Himachal where there are stretches even accomplished dirt riders will feel jittery. Yet she has come out unscathed and is still longing for more.
I hit a dog once, while trying to save the mother of the dog, unforgiving incident but the speed was 90 + and it was on the Delhi Jaipur highway with cars behind me as well, so it was either kill or be killed. The AC condenser and some pipes took a hit but was fixed in warranty and Insurance.
The mud flaps are really bad though, I lost mine in a month.
2) The service at Harpreet Ford is good not exemplary nor is it pathetic, it is just good. The AC incident above led to a crack in the Fan of the AC. I went to get this rectified and the SA's on the floor gave me grief about paying for the part. I started screaming and called for the Manager. Nice south Indian guy understood my plight and realized it was the fault of the repair men who cracked the fan while replacing the AC, fixed it free of cost.

Over all I am happy with my Figo and should say it might be for most if not all Ford cars. Service is not cheap nor is it expensive.
eq24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2013, 16:01   #1140
BHPian
 
stormerider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pink City
Posts: 339
Thanked: 489 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
The dealer over here is not doing advance booking. They said official launch will be next week. While we wait for that among other things, I want to get other users' feedback on Ford:-

1. Are Ford cars in India generally reliable? Reliable interms of no / rare electro-mechanical failures over a period of many years.

2. Is Ford India after sales service good?
100% yes for both the questions. Have driven my fiesta aka classic for 3.5yrs and 75k kms. service is never a hassle. We also have more than 15 figo, classic, new fiesta, fusion ( ikons are sold) in our family and each one has been niggle and issue free throught their life time. After sales is cheap, and easy. Above all they great to drive and always inspire comfidence and are very comfortable.
stormerider is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCOOP! Ford EcoSport Details Revealed. EDIT : Now, caught testing! Scorcher The International Automotive Scene 39 5th January 2012 00:20
Ford EcoSport Revealed Behemoth The Indian Car Scene 26 4th January 2012 19:14


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:38.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks