Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 22nd May 2013, 16:05   #1141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
The dealer over here is not doing advance booking. They said official launch will be next week. While we wait for that among other things, I want to get other users' feedback on Ford:-

1. Are Ford cars in India generally reliable? Reliable interms of no / rare electro-mechanical failures over a period of many years.

2. Is Ford India after sales service good?
1. Three years and 45000kms later, my Figo has not given any major problems, save for the stalling issue.
2. Initially I missed the warmth of Maruti, but now Ford service feels much better. Once they get to know you, they are very nice, atleast to me! .

I am happy with my Figo!
Deep Blue is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2013, 18:26   #1142
BHPian

when will the ecoboost + powershift version be announced/launched ?
Old 22nd May 2013, 21:39   #1143
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I will say 'Yes' for both questions based on my experience with Ford and its ASC for the past 9 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
Over all I am happy with my Figo and should say it might be for most if not all Ford cars. Service is not cheap nor is it expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
100% yes for both the questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
I am happy with my Figo!
Thank you all for the feedback and congratulations to Ford for having built up a good reputation. Now hoping that you will price this new product of yours well.

My current car Hyundai Getz is quite reliable, very very few problem. At 3 years radiator fan failed. At 3.5 years it got hit by a mini truck. While the product performed well, repair work and trouble shooting by service personnel was not satisfactory. I am now looking elsewhere not just because of these but also because Hyundai does not have very good engines: i20 is under powered and Verna engine is not refined enough to my liking.

Other option I am looking at is VW but reliability and service seems to be an issue, reading from some posts in Team-BHP. So eagerly waiting for price and test drive of the Ecosport.
Old 22nd May 2013, 22:14   #1144
BHPian

As per following article on RushLane, Ford will start booking of EcoSport from 1st June 2013. While bookings open early, launch is scheduled for later in June.

Sounds a bit strange.

http://www.rushlane.com/ford-ecospor...3-1279167.html
Old 23rd May 2013, 07:50   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
As per following article on RushLane, Ford will start booking of EcoSport from 1st June 2013. While bookings open early, launch is scheduled for later in June.

Sounds a bit strange.

http://www.rushlane.com/ford-ecospor...3-1279167.html
Ford has been talking about June first week, if I remember correctly so it might be true.

But, for what it's worth, I've stopped believing any publication about the Ecosport now. I'll believe it when I see it.

I saw the car during the Auto show and it looked stunning and have been waiting for it since then

The Ecosport launch, in my opinion, is also one of the most confusing launches ever in terms of engines/variants on offer.

1. 1.5 petrol has almost nothing going for it except the AT (and maybe the price)
2. 1.5 diesel is the one that'll most likely sell the most but this govt's pricing policies can't be judged easily. Who knows how much diesel is going to cost in the long run.
3. 1 ltr Ecoboost. This is the most interesting engine option but has no AT and will probably be priced very close (or even more expensive) than the diesel.

Ideally someone who doesn't drive much should go for the petrol but in this case (if you don't count the 1.5 ltr petrol), if the Ecoboost and diesel are going to be priced similarly, everyone will want to go for the diesel.

Last edited by sharninder : 23rd May 2013 at 07:50. Reason: grammatical error
Old 23rd May 2013, 10:20   #1146
BHPian

Just saw the Eco sport for the first time in Gurgaon on the road. Man that orange colour is mouth watering and the car is a looker to say the least. It does not have the bulk associated with cars like the Duster. A very clean and organic design. Loved it

Although the same can not be said about the people driving it. The car had an urban discoveries sticker. They were driving the car like they owned the damn road. I honked and indicated to the guy if I could have a look. He drove away even after registering my indication. What a git.

Anyways great looking car.
Old 23rd May 2013, 10:55   #1147
BHPian

Smile Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

The Chennai dealer has an Orange Ecosport Titanium Plus with Ecoboost engine on display - looks stunning.

Although they are not allowing test drives, you can touch and feel and site inside. I must say I was positively surprised:
  • Exterior - looks stunning, paint quality is top notch. So is the fit and finish
  • Front Grille - it is massive and really dominates the entire first impression of the car.
  • Shape - It is very well proportioned, although I expected some odd proportions given the relative length versus height, Ford has managed to conceal the odd proportions well. Overall shape is not the most elegant, but nowhere near grotesque and "baloony" like the Duster
  • Tires - Strangely look small on the car, although they are 205X16 tires
  • Interior Plastics - I was bracing for this from the initial poor reviews and pictures from the mall-display shots posted by BHP-ians here , but surprisingly these turned out to be not that bad at all. Probably Ford has improved since the early lots produced. A couple of notches lower than my Polo's, but I thought the plastics were actually better than the Duster's.
  • Seating Comfort (Front) - Exceptional in the front Seat - I am 6' 2". There was very good head room. The seat is just firm enough to be very comfortable, not soft & soggy at all.
  • Seating (Back) - After setting front seat for my height, back is just about OK in knee-room but probably not for long rides. Definitely not wide enough for 3 adults. I will have mostly only kids in the back in this car, if at all, so not an issue for me.
  • Leather Upholstery - Better than I expected but not the best in terms of finish - nowhere near the Stanley level
  • Audio - Pretty decent in quality on the FM stations I heard. May not need an after-market system unless you are an audiophile.
  • Boot space - Better than what I have on my Polo, fairly deep and broad - sufficient for a weekend trip.
  • Doors - Beefy and heavy, gives an air of confidence.
  • Engine Noise - Very well insulated and quiet, cannot hear it inside the car at all.
  • Push Button Start - My first experience with one of these - it works like a charm and I am sure pretty soon, we would all wonder why we ever had pointy keys that we needed to fish out of pockets and grapple with.
Overall, I was pretty happy. The exteriors looks like a Rs. 20 Lac car not a Rs. 10 Lac car. Feels like the car will wear well over time and can be a good one for long term ownership.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 23rd May 2013 at 10:57.
84.monsoon is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2013, 11:03   #1148
BHPian

Review up on Gaadi.com
http://www.gaadi.com/auto-reviews/fo...t-drive-review
Old 23rd May 2013, 11:48   #1149

Hey all, just got back from Goa where i stayed at park hyatt, where Ford Ecosport had been hosting their dealers in batches for the last 10-odd days. They had 6-8 Ecosports lined up, all in the trademark orange colour, except one in gray that I thought looked great!
I got talking to one of the guys - GM at Carzonrent (yes, ford even invited people from rental car companies). The GM confirmed launch in the 2nd week of June. He didn't have much of a clue on the definitive pricing but expected it to be between 8 and 12 lacs (ex-showroom). I was clearly surprised and told him that I expected starting at around 7. He also said that Ford clearly see Duster as their prime competitor and expect the pricing to reflect that. Though, he thought that 12+ lacs seemed high and people could go for an Altis instead (even though the USPs and needs are different).

Lastly, he also mentioned Ford will be opening a new plant (or maybe expanding the current plant) in early to mid 2015 and have plans to launch 4 new cars.
nishantg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2013, 12:09   #1150
Senior - BHPian

I am very happy with news of 1.5 petrol AT. As my running is exteremly low ( 300-400 KMs a month, owing to office car ), I am very happy with petrol. Also, with diesel prices catching up, I am in no mood to pay extra for diesel car. And more over there is no AT there.

I am also not too keen on 1.0 L engine, however advanced it may be. Because I am wary of turbos and their troubles. I mean idling 60 seconds in the mroning and at night before shutting for the day and also anytime in between if the car was parked for considerable time. Idling for 60 seconds? I get irritated at 10 second buffering of a youtube clip. There is no way I can wait for 60 everytime I start my car. I would probably end up blowing a turbo every month by my not following this 60-second ritual. I will take the 1.5 N.A., thank you.
Old 23rd May 2013, 12:48   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post

I am also not too keen on 1.0 L engine, however advanced it may be. Because I am wary of turbos and their troubles. I mean idling 60 seconds in the mroning and at night before shutting for the day and also anytime in between if the car was parked for considerable time. Idling for 60 seconds? I get irritated at 10 second buffering of a youtube clip. There is no way I can wait for 60 everytime I start my car. I would probably end up blowing a turbo every month by my not following this 60-second ritual. I will take the 1.5 N.A., thank you.
The time you spend in reversing and parking would mostly cater for this idling unless you have the luxury to drive right in and switch off as desired. Even idling on the home stretch to your parking lot can offset the 60 seconds idling time. You can even choose to drive the last few hundred metres/ or the first few hundred metres at a lower RPM to facilitate this.

However, choosing to not opt for a brilliant engine just because you wouldn't like to idle would be doing injustice to the engine as such, I would say.

Its just my opinion. Forgive me
Old 23rd May 2013, 13:42   #1152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post

The time you spend in reversing and parking would mostly cater for this idling unless you have the luxury to drive right in and switch off as desired. Even idling on the home stretch to your parking lot can offset the 60 seconds idling time. You can even choose to drive the last few hundred metres/ or the first few hundred metres at a lower RPM to facilitate this.

However, choosing to not opt for a brilliant engine just because you wouldn't like to idle would be doing injustice to the engine as such, I would say.

Its just my opinion. Forgive me
Is driving at lower rpm equivalent to idling in a turbocharged engine ?
i think it refers to engine running at idle rpm and with no throttle or gear engaged.

I want to know if the time used in parking or reversing actually is as good as idling.
Old 23rd May 2013, 13:48   #1153
BHPian

Some communication I received from Ford:

Name:  ford_ecosport.GIF
Views: 2335
Size:  115.9 KB

Last edited by sanjaykk : 23rd May 2013 at 13:50. Reason: masked email ids
sanjaykk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2013, 14:05   #1154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
The Chennai dealer has an Orange Ecosport Titanium Plus with Ecoboost engine on display - looks stunning.
Which dealer has it? Im sure it must be crowded already!
Old 23rd May 2013, 14:32   #1155

Friends, Iím here to post on my experience driving the most awaited car of the decade (atleast for many years!) Ė The Ecosport.

On Wednesdays, a group of football enthusiasts get together for a game of football near Whitefield, Bangalore. The highlight of the evening was the news that one among us is part of the UrbanDiscovery contest and he was bringing the car to the ground. Inspite of heavy downpour, most of the guys turned up primarily to see the car in close. Thank you Bangalore Odyssey team and all the best!

The car was the 1.0 Ecoboost and my first reaction was the car is Yummy! Decided to test drive- clutch engaged, Power-On button pressed, go, gone!

Few things that impressed us:
  • Premium look inside and outside
  • Power-On button
  • The firm suspension
  • Well-designed body
  • Driver hand rest. My co-test driver wanted a passenger hand rest too
  • Front passenger vanity mirror light.
  • Phone charging points at rear row.
  • Retractable rear parcel tray.

Few concerns (they may be wrong due to my naivety):
  • While taking a tight U-turn, I had to reverse once before the turn could be completed and I could not get a decent rear view. Though it was slightly drizzling which could have hampered the view, I suspect rear view mirror is not adequate.
  • The car struggled a bit (teeny weeny bit) at lower RPM primarily in 1st and 2nd gears. I felt the torque been engaged once it crossed the low RPM, something similar to the diesel engines. Couldn't explore this much as it was a short drive.

Well, Iíll get straight into some of the pictures which talks for itself. Pardon for the quality as it was a phone camera.

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130522_221837.jpg
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130522_221856.jpg
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130522_222118.jpg

Need to exercise caution opening the boot when parked side-on.
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130522_222135.jpg

Adequate driver legroom for a 5í8.
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130522_222837.jpg

I loved this ambiance with cabin lighting - 2 lights at the front with separate on/off press buttons.
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130522_223516.jpg

Now without the lighting which is nice as well.
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130522_223710.jpg

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130522_224938.jpg

Thanks again to our friend and his team, look forward to driving this car many times many miles.
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130522_221722.jpg
boney_george is offline   (11) Thanks
Closed Thread