Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 24th May 2013, 14:32   #1186
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
2. Comparison of width and leg room available for rear seat passengers with that of Swift, i20, Vista, etc.
I checked with the same 3 people in vista, i20 and punto. I think it was close to punto. Vista felt a bit more comfortable but its 'cos of the shoulder room.
klassics45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2013, 15:42   #1187
BHPian

These pics of a Ford Ecosport with 2.0 badging on it, were sent in by Venky Chinna from Coimbatore. While, the thought of a 2.0L Petrol Ecosport does sound good, the Ecosport 2.0L is NOT meant for India. In all likelihood, this model will be built here for export markets (such as Europe). The vehicle spotted appears to be Left Hand Drive (one can just see a hint of the steering wheel in the pic). The 4 cylinder 2.0L Bi-Fuel engine puts out 141 BHP (Petrol) and 147 BHP (Ethanol).

Ford will export the Ecosport to Australia and Europe, according to carsguide.com.au. In Australia, the Ecosport will compete with rivals such as the Opel Mocca, Nissan Juke, Peugeot 2008 and Holden Trax and in 2014, the Renault Captur and Volkswagen Taigun ( according to the report). It will also be made in Brazil and China, while Ecosport's made in Thailand will be on sale only in that country.

Ecosport's with 2.0L badging (Left Hand Drive), have been spotted earlier in Coimbatore earlier.

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-img_20130523_161634.jpg

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-img_20130523_161644.jpg

Last edited by Redline6800 : 24th May 2013 at 15:46.
Redline6800 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th May 2013, 15:47   #1188
BHPian

Post Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Team-BHP review is taking so long that people (me included) have stopped expecting.

Let me put the present sentiment in Ghalib's way:

"Jab Tawaqqo hi uth gayi Ghalib
Kyun kisi ka gila kare koi"

Translated you lost the right to complain/crib when you stopped expecting it.

This is not take away anything from vid & GTO.
mroptimist is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2013, 16:33   #1189
BHPian

Initial pricing feelers of EcoSport from a source before we get to test drive the vehicle in first week of next month.

Petrol
Ambiente - 6.1 lacs
Trend - 6.95 lacs
Titanium (1.5 MT) - 8.1 lacs
Titanium (1.5 AT) - 8.75 lacs
Titanium Ecoboost - 9.15 lacs

Diesel will be 1 lac+ on petrol variant.

They are not expecting volumes from Ambiente but low price will add to +ve publicity and will be a crowd puller to dealerships where customers will eventually buy Trend or Titanium.

I have come across many such details in the past so not 100% sure but he was the same person who told me that launch is in June and I had posted it 3 months back on this forum.
damager21 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th May 2013, 17:04   #1190

Guys,

While coming to office today, I was lucky to have spotted the EcoSport driven by one of the members of the Hyderabad Urban Discovery. Followed the vehicle and landed up at the Urban Discovery Member's house. Encouraged by wify, went inside his house to meet him (cant remember his name now ), explained him that I have been following him from so and so road and if he would be kind enough to allow me ten minutes with EcoSport. He was really nice and went on to explain the details of EcoSport. My daughter and wify also joined me by then.

Here are my first impression about EcoSport ( would depend on GTO's review which is DUE BY TOMORROW Max. for the driveability and the nuances of engine).
  1. Its a great to look at and is no way a Hatch on Steroids. (In fact Wify mentioned that its a big enough car as compared to our Swift)
  2. I Sat on the front seat and even after adjusting for my height 5' 9" there was enough leg room at back. It was spacious than our swift by at least 20% and boot also was considerably larger. Rear can comfortably sit 2 adults and a kid, which I guess is true for most of the cars on Indian Roads.

Other inputs given by the Urban Discovery Member:
  1. He was driving a Titanium with a start stop button and key less entry, YES he said it was Titanium and not Titanium +
  2. He also said that the EcoSport he was driving surprisingly did not have ABS on it.
  3. Keyless Key if did not work then it can be opened to reveal a manual key that can be used to open the door.
  4. Mileage of Ecoboost engine in city was bad.
  5. AC is great and cools the cabin in no time.
  6. He also said that this is one car that looks great in Orange hue.

Above all, wify liked the Eco sports and gave her consent to go for the car. Below is picture which the Urban Discovery Member clicked for us. So bad for me to have not remembered his name in all this excitement.

Mod Note: Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, T-Fort, ANHV) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Any further usage of acronyms will invite Moderator action on your account.
Attached Images

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th May 2013 at 21:00.
MaNishi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2013, 18:09   #1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaNishi View Post
Guys,

While coming to office today, I was lucky to have spotted the Ecosport driven by one of the members of the Hyderabad Urban Discovery. Followed the vehicle and landed up at the Urban Discovery Member's house. Encouraged by wify, went inside his house to meet him (cant remember his name now ), explained him that I have been following him from so and so road and if he would be kind enough to allow me ten minutes with ES. He was really nice and went on to explain the details of ES. My daughter and wify also joined me by then.
How bad is the mileage of Ecoboost in city? Any numbers?

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th May 2013 at 19:44. Reason: Shortening quote
Old 24th May 2013, 18:17   #1192
BHPian

Quote:
[*]He was driving a Titanium with a start stop button and key less entry, YES he said it was Titanium and not Titanium +[*]He also said that the ES he was driving surprisingly did not have ABS on it.[*]Mileage of Ecoboost engine in city was bad.
So the difference between the titanium and the titanium plus is just ABS? That's a stupid difference to brand a new variant on

Sad to hear about the mileage. I was hoping that it would atleast match the 1.5 petrol. The turbo boost advantage plus similar mileage would have justified a 100k premium to me
Old 24th May 2013, 18:30   #1193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Initial pricing feelers of EcoSport from a source before we get to test drive the vehicle in first week of next month.

Petrol
Ambiente - 6.1 lacs
Trend - 6.95 lacs

Diesel will be 1 lac+ on petrol variant.

They are not expecting volumes from Ambiente but low price will add to +ve publicity and will be a crowd puller to dealerships where customers will eventually buy Trend or Titanium.

I have come across many such details in the past so not 100% sure but he was the same person who told me that launch is in June and I had posted it 3 months back on this forum.
I highly doubt this, if at all this is true, the EcoBoost is a

Another reason me thinks is not the correct pricing is that no company especially an American like Ford never prices such a crucial product at X.1 lakh , they would work their butt off to price it (X-1).99 lakh

Last edited by agambhandari : 24th May 2013 at 18:53.
Old 24th May 2013, 18:36   #1194
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
X.1 lakh , they would work their button off to price it (X-1).99 lakh
The issue is that (X-1).99 lakh would be ex-Delhi and invariably would end up at X.1 L in cities like Bangalore thanks to VAT and others!

Look what it did to the Duster. Folks ended up paying >40K to the govt in Bangalore. Just because 9.99L ended up some where around 10.1L.
Old 24th May 2013, 18:43   #1195
BHPian

Quote:
Petrol
Ambiente - 6.1 lacs
Trend - 6.95 lacs
Quote:
I highly doubt this, if at all this is true, the EcoBoost is a :dead horse

Another reason me thinks is not the correct pricing is that no company especially an American like Ford never prices such a crucial product at X.1 lakh , they would work their button off to price it (X-1).99 lakh
+1 to Agam

Just 65k difference between 1.5 MT and 1.5 AT?

10.15 lacs for top end diesel is way too expensive. Turns out to be 12+ lacs on road Bangalore. I am not going to put that sort of money for a wannabe SUV with limited rear seat space and boot space.
Old 24th May 2013, 18:56   #1196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The issue is that (X-1).99 lakh would be ex-Delhi and invariably would end up at X.1 L in cities like Bangalore thanks to VAT and others!

Look what it did to the Duster. Folks ended up paying >40K to the govt in Bangalore. Just because 9.99L ended up some where around 10.1L.
But pricing it at X.1 lakh, would make it expensive in every market (bengaluru including). and less inviting visually
Old 24th May 2013, 19:03   #1197
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But pricing it at X.1 lakh, would make it expensive in every market (bengaluru including). and less inviting visually
Agam, I did not mean that way. All I said was, even if its priced X-1, let Ford be aware; that if it comes to a 10L bracket threshold, they price it better.
Lets hope the buyer not does have to pay extra tax for a small delta in pricing.
Old 24th May 2013, 19:09   #1198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
+1 to Agam

10.15 lacs for top end diesel is way too expensive. Turns out to be 12+ lacs on road Bangalore. I am not going to put that sort of money for a wannabe SUV with limited rear seat space and boot space.
I was myself disappointed with the pricing as I was expecting Titanium 1.5L MT at 7.25 lacs so this turned out to be way expensive for me.

Eventually if rear space looks decent then I may book Trend which I was hoping for 6.5 lacs. I am OK without SYNC, leather steering, cooled glove box, fog lamps and arm rest but I definitely need reverse parking, chrome front grill and airbags. These features are strongly pushing me to go for Titanium. Tires I am not sure if 15" will make a difference as my usage will 95% be in city.

Yes, 65K for AT looks aggressive. I dont think top end diesel will be 10.15 lacs, it will be around 9.1 lacs. Remember there is no AT and Ecoboost option in case of diesel.

Last edited by damager21 : 24th May 2013 at 19:11.
Old 24th May 2013, 19:19   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
I dont think top end diesel will be 10.15 lacs, it will be around 9.1 lacs. Remember there is no AT and Ecoboost option in case of diesel.
9.1 for top end diesel looks good to me. I hope the prices mentioned by you are the OTR prices (too much expectations eh)

By the way what do you have to say of this

Quote:
[*]He was driving a Titanium with a start stop button and key less entry, YES he said it was Titanium and not Titanium +
Old 24th May 2013, 19:34   #1200
BHPian

Quote:
I was myself disappointed with the pricing as I was expecting Titanium 1.5L MT at 7.25 lacs so this turned out to be way expensive for me.

Yes, 65K for AT looks aggressive. I dont think top end diesel will be 10.15 lacs, it will be around 9.1 lacs. Remember there is no AT and Ecoboost option in case of diesel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
+1 to Agam

We should wait for the official pricing from ford because we all know how true these price leaks are.

But if these prices are somewhat true then its a disappointment.The base price seems ok even though it will not come with rear power windows and ABS. But i dont understand the almost 1 lakh premium between the style,trend & titanium! I mean is this premium justified for the features offered?? A difference of 50 to 70k seems justified but 1 lakh!!

Also how much more premium will ford charge for the titanium option over the normal titanium? going by their absurd price difference between the models i expect atleast 70k more.

Going by the logic of diesel being 1 lakh over the petrol,the topend diesel titanium will be priced similar to the ecoboost,no points for guessing which will sell more.

Hope Ford doesn't keep 1 lakh difference between style,trend and titanium.

Now eagerly waiting for the TEAM BHP review.

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 24th May 2013 at 19:35.
Closed Thread