Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 15th March 2013, 15:46   #1
BHPian

Default Sail U-VA now with Base Diesel variant at Rs 5.29 lakh

Chevrolet has added a base variant to its 1.3L TCDi powered Sail U-VA Diesel. The base diesel is priced at Rs 5.29 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi); that's a Rs. 1.1 lakh premium over the base petrol. The new variant has been announced after Chevrolet's decision earlier this month to cut prices on the hatchback by Rs. 25,000.

Sail U-VA now with Base Diesel variant at Rs 5.29 lakh-chevysailuva01.jpg

Sail U-VA now with Base Diesel variant at Rs 5.29 lakh-sail_uva_prices.jpg

Expect the feature list to be on par with the base petrol. Personal car owners generally stay away from the entry-level trim. The introduction of the base diesel can be seen as an attempt to target fleet sales. After all, the Sail is spacious, has excellent ride comfort and a proven diesel engine, virtues that could make it a hit with fleet buyers.

The Sail U-VA has been struggling to gather pace since its launch, read more about it here (February 2013 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis).

Read the official review for the Sail here (Chevrolet Sail U-VA : Official Review).

Last edited by GTO : 15th March 2013 at 16:09.
Redline6800 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2013, 16:10   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Sail U-VA now with Base Diesel variant at Rs 5.29 lakh

Thread moved from the Assembly Line (The "Assembly Line" Forum section) to the Indian Car Scene. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2013, 12:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Sail U-VA now with Base Diesel variant at Rs 5.29 lakh

I am in market for a budget diesel hatch. I have never liked the Beat. I love the Swift but find it to be very expensive for what it offers. I was thinking about the Figo when this popped up. Will the Sail be a better buy?

Mods: I know I should be posting in the What Car section but this discussion also pertains to the new Sail model and whether it is value for money against the current offerings in market. Please delete it or move it if found inappropiate.
ashis89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2013, 14:08   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
...Will the Sail be a better buy?

Mods: I know I should be posting in the What Car section but this discussion also pertains to the new Sail model and whether it is value for money against the current offerings in market. Please delete it or move it if found inappropiate.
I believe Sail will have better space & probably ride quality too. If you have more of highway drives, pick up Sail. TD both the cars back to back if possible, and also check on the kit on offer. Pick the one which you like more, for the cash offered.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2013, 14:33   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I am in market for a budget diesel hatch. I have never liked the Beat. I love the Swift but find it to be very expensive for what it offers. I was thinking about the Figo when this popped up. Will the Sail be a better buy?
I have no idea about the car as I have not driven it yet but reading the official review I can feel that it has MORE space than the swift and is does have the good old tried and tested 1.3 TCDi engine that is the heart of our Nation!

My BIL has booked a Sail UVA LS ABS - 1.3 TCDi (VIN 13 model) for 7.1 lakhs (OTR, Mumbai) in Grey shade! He is happy with the car as he got a long TD. Ride feels better and back battering and not to forget the Chevy promise.

The only car in India having a warranty of 3 years or 100000 kms and 150000 kms on the engine.

Cheers,
Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote