Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2013, 15:20   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 182
Thanked: 632 Times
Default Renault announces Scala 'Travelogue’ edition

Renault has released a limited edition variant of the Scala sedan called the 'Travelogue' edition. The new variant is priced at Rs. 9,78,500/- (ex-showroom Delhi) and will only be available till May 31, 2013. The Scala Travelogue Edition is available with the Scala RXZ Diesel variant and is attractively priced for the features on offer, considering that the Scala RXZ Diesel retails for Rs 9,68,500 (ex-showroom Delhi).

The Scala RXZ Travelogue edition comes with the following accessories:
  • Touch screen NAV system with voice navigation, DVD player, Bluetooth, USB port and iPod connectivity, reverse camera portability and steering mounted controls
  • Rear sunshade
  • Illuminated scuff plate
  • ORVM's with indicators
  • Muffler cutter
Picture of Nissan Scala CVT

Renault announces Scala 'Travelogue’ edition-blinker-orvm.jpg

Renault announces Scala 'Travelogue’ edition-chrome-muffler-cutter.jpg

Renault announces Scala 'Travelogue’ edition-illuminated-scuff-plate-1.jpg

Renault announces Scala 'Travelogue’ edition-rear-sun-shade.jpg

Renault announces Scala 'Travelogue’ edition-scala-navigation-panel.jpg

The Scala hasn’t set the sales charts on fire and sells about half as many cars as Nissan's Sunny on which it is based. Between October 2012 and March 2013, Renault sold 4822 units of the Scala compared to sales of 9138 units for the Sunny in the same period.
Surprisingly Nissan's cheaper Pulse hatchback sells only about half as much as the more expensive Scala! The new Scala variant could help further boost sales of the sedan, which crossed 1000 units in monthly sales figures only last month.

Related Thread (Renault Scala : Official Review)

Last edited by Redline6800 : 8th April 2013 at 15:40.
Redline6800 is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 15:24   #2
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,751
Thanked: 9,182 Times
Default Re: Renault announces Scala 'Travelogue’ edition

This is the ad of the same;

Name:  RenaultScalaTravelogueEdition.jpg
Views: 3435
Size:  94.1 KB

^ pic from the official Renault website

Last edited by karan561 : 8th April 2013 at 15:32.
karan561 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 16:07   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,079
Thanked: 642 Times
Default Re: Renault announces Scala 'Travelogue’ edition

Now that's what i call a bargain special edition! I've always liked how the Scala looks, especially the rear as compared to the Sunny. And the dash mounted unit looks like a nice fit.

Have they done something about the brakes yet? Or will they wait until it really starts selling? I'm hunting for a sedan for my wife and need the delivery in May on our anniversary. Vento is the only option i can see right now though its network is just as bad as Renault. This might be another option since Renault dealership is close by. I took a test drive of Sunny a few months ago and found the brakes absolutely bite less then.
Nilesh5417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 22:49   #4
Distinguished - BHPian
 
deetjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kochi
Posts: 4,045
Thanked: 7,377 Times
Default Re: Renault announces Scala 'Travelogue’ edition

Nice! The addons look well thought out. This is how Limited Edition variants should be.
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2013, 10:38   #5
BHPian
 
di1in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bnglr&Thrissur
Posts: 384
Thanked: 66 Times
Default Re: Renault announces Scala 'Travelogue’ edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline6800 View Post
Renault has released a limited edition variant of the Scala sedan called the 'Travelogue' edition. The new variant is priced at Rs. 9,78,500/- (ex-showroom Delhi) and will only be available till May 31, 2013. The Scala Travelogue Edition is available with the Scala RXZ Diesel variant and is attractively priced for the features on offer, considering that the Scala RXZ Diesel retails for Rs 9,68,500 (ex-showroom Delhi).

The Scala RXZ Travelogue edition comes with the following accessories:
  • Touch screen NAV system with voice navigation, DVD player, Bluetooth, USB port and iPod connectivity, reverse camera portability and steering mounted controls
  • Rear sunshade
  • Illuminated scuff plate
  • ORVM's with indicators
  • Muffler cutter
Picture of Nissan Scala CVT

Attachment 1070779

Attachment 1070780

Attachment 1070781

Attachment 1070782

Attachment 1070783

The Scala hasn’t set the sales charts on fire and sells about half as many cars as Nissan's Sunny on which it is based. Between October 2012 and March 2013, Renault sold 4822 units of the Scala compared to sales of 9138 units for the Sunny in the same period.
Surprisingly Nissan's cheaper Pulse hatchback sells only about half as much as the more expensive Scala! The new Scala variant could help further boost sales of the sedan, which crossed 1000 units in monthly sales figures only last month.

Related Thread (Renault Scala : Official Review)
Thanks Redline6800!

This post was the trigger that made me buy my first car yesterday!
di1in is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2013, 12:10   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
CARDEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NCR
Posts: 2,699
Thanked: 1,485 Times
Default Re: Renault announces Scala 'Travelogue’ edition

IMO this is a strategy to distract attention from the brakes recall.

Moreover, I believe Renault has to price its products sensibly, rather than trying to cash on Duster's success, which could soon be facing stiff challenge from Ford's EcoSport.
CARDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2013, 15:58   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore/Pune
Posts: 1,192
Thanked: 1,556 Times
Default Re: Renault announces Scala 'Travelogue’ edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
IMO this is a strategy to distract attention from the brakes recall.

Moreover, I believe Renault has to price its products sensibly, rather than trying to cash on Duster's success, which could soon be facing stiff challenge from Ford's EcoSport.
I disagree. The Scala Travelogue Edition was launched many weeks ago. So, the recall can't be termed as a distractionary tactic. Anyway, you'll be surprised to hear this. :-) A new base variant has been added to the Scala Diesel. The RxE variant skimps on many features such as alloy wheels, electric wing mirrors and the works, to come out about 65,000 rupees cheaper than the RxL Scala Diesel. Renault dealers have already begun taking orders for the Scala RxE although the website it yet to list prices. Official word from Renault is expected to come in the next week or so.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2013, 16:45   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
CARDEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NCR
Posts: 2,699
Thanked: 1,485 Times
Default Re: Renault announces Scala 'Travelogue’ edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
I disagree. The Scala Travelogue Edition was launched many weeks ago. So, the recall can't be termed as a distractionary tactic. Anyway, you'll be surprised to hear this. :-) A new base variant has been added to the Scala Diesel. The RxE variant skimps on many features such as alloy wheels, electric wing mirrors and the works, to come out about 65,000 rupees cheaper than the RxL Scala Diesel. Renault dealers have already begun taking orders for the Scala RxE although the website it yet to list prices. Official word from Renault is expected to come in the next week or so.

Cheers,

Jay
HI @JayPrashanth

Thank you for pointing out my error... basically I never looked the date the original posts were made .

But, I stand by my words on the cost of Renault cars.
CARDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2014, 17:25   #9
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,313
Thanked: 23,881 Times
Default Re: Renault announces Scala 'Travelogue’ edition

Renault India has re-launched the Scala Travelogue Edition. This time its available on both the diesel and petrol versions of the car and on the RxZ as well as the RxL variant.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Renault Scala : Official Review noopster Official New Car Reviews 147 17th November 2016 22:53
Renault Scala soumobakshi The Indian Car Scene 78 1st September 2012 17:00


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:59.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks