Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 16th April 2013, 16:46   #1
BHPian

Default VW launches limited-edition Vento 'Style'!

Quote:
A few styling updates and 'Style' badges differentiate it from the regular Vento.

Volkswagen has had a habit of introducing limited edition variants, especially for the Polo and Vento. And they've continued the fashion with the introduction of Vento Style, a limited edition version of the Vento sedan.

As the name suggests, VW has tried making the car a bit more stylish, while making sure that they don't overdo it. So for the Rs 8.33 lakhs you spend for the petrol variant or Rs. 9.41 lakhs for the diesel powered Style, you get a couple of cosmetic updates: On the outside, you get a radiator grille laden with chrome, exterior chrome highlights, alloy wheels. The combination looks good with the Pepper Grey paint scheme as seen in the pictures. The car will be available in other colours too. On the inside, you get dual colour seat covers and doorstep garnish. 'Style' badges can be found on the C-pillar and the dashboard.

As we mentioned, the updates are cosmetic only, which means there have been no changes made to the mechanicals. So if you want a Vento that looks slightly more premium, the Style makes a lot of sense.
Source: Oncars.in
Link: http://www.oncars.in/Car-News-Detail...s-line-up/3956

Here is a pic of the updates in the Vento (from Google):
VW launches limited-edition Vento 'Style'!-volkswagenventostylelimitededitionfeatures.jpg
Loud is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2013, 16:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: VW launches limited-edition Vento 'Style'!

Honda Amaze has put on the heat!

Dzire is out with a limited ed and now Vento gets a Style package.

But, wait, aren't those alloys the same ones that were available on the pre-facelift Vento?
9thsphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2013, 17:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

Saw the same ad in today's Times Of India and was wondering how the pepper grey car they showcased could miss the chrome around the front air dam and around the fog lamps! I guess the Style package is being offered on top of the Trendline variants as the higher variants already have 'grille laden with chrome' and 'alloy wheels'. Someone please correct me if wrong.
thoma is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2013, 19:00   #4
BHPian

What's so special with this special edition?
The alloys are the same ones that came on the old Vento.
Also AFAIK all Ventos come with the chrome grille since the beginning.

Do the guys at VW think people will buy a special edition for older alloys, Style logos and exterior chrome strips?

Does anyone know the price difference between the regular variants and this special ed. Seems it is only for the TL version because Highline already comes with alloys.
StrangeWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2013, 19:48   #5
BHPian

Honda has truly set the cat among the pigeons with Amaze

I wonder if this is truly going to pay VW off. Won't it be better if they announce a nice 50k exchange bonus?
pradyblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2013, 20:49   #6
Team-BHP Support

What's the difference in that Stylish Alloy Wheel? It looks same as the current design. And just by adding some chrome here and there it becomes stylish?
Rudra Sen is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2013, 20:56   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

First VW did a gimmick with launching the POLO SR with doing practically nothing to the car but only adding SR badges and demanded 30k premium over the highline trim.

Also SR being positioned as a "sporty" model was only available in 1.2 Petrol model (IMO should have waited for the 1.2 Turbo for this nomenclature)

And now with VENTO this "STYLE" variant,

Well best of luck VW

Last edited by karan561 : 16th April 2013 at 21:00.
karan561 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2013, 21:15   #8
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 18th April 2013 at 14:49.
ridinthru' is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 16th April 2013, 23:09   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
What's the difference in that Stylish Alloy Wheel? It looks same as the current design. And just by adding some chrome here and there it becomes stylish?

true, but, according to VW seven (spoke alloy wheel) is more stylish than six

If they really really want to be stylish, they should offer 4-year
extended warranty as a standard
stringbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2013, 23:38   #10
BHPian

the piece of cake is the Style monogram on the Dash. Why is that more stylish than an unadorned dash. How can a badge make anything cooler than what it is. I just don't know what VW takes the Indian market for.
manolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2013, 08:48   #11
Senior - BHPian

Red face Re: VW launches limited-edition Vento 'Style'!

I guess VW could come up with only this limited edition thing now that Honda has launched its Amaze. Putting in a Style badge (on a dashboard???) and making the car look more like a gangsta car with pepper grey would hardly bring any customers. VW is not the only one which is feeling the heat, open any newspaper and you will find host of car makers coming up with numerous offers.

I remember few year back Ford was chastized for launching limited editions every couple of months, most of car makers now are doing the same.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2013, 09:15   #12
BHPian

VW is not only stupid to launch such special editions, they are desperate too for selling them.

A sales representative from VW North Delhi gave me call informing about the Vento style and when asked about the difference between the existing vento and the style, the only thing he could say was "Sir tell me when ever you are free, i'll book a test drive for you and explain it in detail".

On top of it, when i refused for a TD he said, if someone from VW calls you for a feedback, please rate me well.

All the best VW, but no one is gonna fall for something like this !
satyamkaushik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2013, 09:43   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
VW is not only stupid to launch such special editions, they are desperate too for selling them.
How is it stupid to launch special editions? Even cars costing in crores have special editions!

And if vw are desperate to sell their cars then also its a good thing given that they make them to sell only. Its upto customers if they want these special editions or not. I think some folks in India do fall for them so there is a marketing case for them. I find it incredulous that we are trying to find faults with vw for trying to sell their cars.
joslicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2013, 10:26   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen India sales decline by 19.05 percent in March 2013;

May be this is one of the reasons making them do such activities

Source: http://www.driveinside.com/car-news/...news2013-04-16
karan561 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2013, 10:43   #15
Senior - BHPian

I have no problems with limited editions being launched provided there is something substantial in it.

In this case out of 6 features , 2 are chrome related , one is the badging itself ( why brands call this a feature i still dont know) , doorstep garnish which is no biggie , seat covers which again not really a big deal.

The color is a substantial feature but again it only really makes a difference when one has already decided to buy it , as far as the alloys are concerned i cannot see anything "stylish" in them.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote