Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 19th November 2016, 19:44   #181
BHPian

Adding my dream list of cars I wish I could get in India:

1. BMW 335d

2. Mitsubishi Lancer

3. Ford Focus

4. VW Golf GTI

And finally, a nice, hot, red Monte Carlo Fabia with 200hp AWD MT.
just dreaming.......drool.
printh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2016, 20:20   #182
BHPian

Default Re: Cars we wish manufacturers would launch in India

For the mass market, the following cars could generate moderate success for themselves

Kia Picanto
Kia Rio
Kia Cerato
Nissan Tiida
ALTIMAed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2016, 22:14   #183
BHPian

Consideringthe usually large Indian families and the need to travel together some affordable cars and wagons which might sell well-

Honda Odyssey-
A full sized people mover from Honda. If priced well this might be a tough competitor for the Innova.

Toyota Sienna-
With Innova already ruling the roost in the luxury MPV segment and Hiace not seeing the day of light here in India, adding the Sienna as a more luxurious option for those who can afford.

Volkswagen Golf Sportwagen- An affordable spacious cruiser in the disguise of a station wagon it can be easily a more practical option to the Ertiga/Mobilio.
Attached Images

Skyline_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2016, 23:08   #184
BHPian

I really with they'd launch a reasonably priced RWD car.

A Miata or FT86 would be great. The problem is, unless it's made in India, it would be prohibitively expensive.

It's no good if the cars are available in India unless you can own them, is it?
vivekgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2018, 10:40   #185

Here's a list of cars that I wish manufacturers would launch in India. Some of these are cars that I can afford but most of them are cars I wish I could afford.

Honda HRV
The compact/mid-size SUV segment has never been more popular in India that it is now. This handsome looking compact SUV would be a very nice addition to Honda's portfolio as well as to our roads.

Honda S660
This tiny little compact sports car (if you can call it that) costs 12 Lakh Rupees in Japan. Even as a CBU, it makes sense to sell this in India as there's dearth of nice driver's cars under 30 lakhs. This tiny little car would be easy to drive on our mostly narrow roads, easy to park and might be more fun inside the city than any low slung exotic.

Toyota HiAce
There were rumors of this one being launched in India as some sort of a premium people mover. The HiAce might not sell well but if it's launched as CBU and marketed as a more luxurious alternative to our Tempo Travellers, it might just gain traction in Tier-1 cities and help further strengthen Toyota's already fantastic reputation.

Toyota Hilux
Not really sure how well the Isuzu D-Max sells in our country since I don't see Isuzu's numbers in the monthly sales charts but Toyota should consider the Hilux given Isuzu hasn't shut shop in India yet.
The Hilux is one tough vehicle and given Toyota's bigger sales network and reputation, this one should sell well.

Ford Fiesta
In particular, the Euro spec model. Ford needs to stop relying solely on the Ecosport to justify their existence in India and start selling cars Indians might actually want to buy. The Figo twins were great driver's cars (particularly in the diesel avatar) but they have flopped. Ford needs a winner and it needs it fast

Ford Escape
Another Ford that would make sense given India's current appetite for SUVs.
It's a good looker, quite practical and if priced correctly, might be able to replicate the Ecosport's success in it's (higher) segment
Dhiwakar92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2018, 13:20   #186
BHPian

Would love to own a good looking van someday, not sure if our market is ready though! Makes more sense than an SUV to seat 7 people in comfort, better space inside and more practical too.

Something like VW transporter or Ford transit could do what Isuzu did for the pickup market!!!

If I had bit more money :

Last edited by giri1.8 : 23rd January 2018 at 13:22.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote