Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 29th April 2013, 11:31   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti asks dealers to focus on "Service" as car sales go down

What Maruti can do is organise official review of servicing Centers and start some kind of quality check and certification.
I know they insist on feedbacks, but do they collate all the feedbacks that they get? in any case, most of the time the feedback is given to the dealer who passes it on, and we all know how the service station employees plead you to give good reviews.
Maruti can start direct online feedback procedures where the customer can directly give a feedback with a copy of the receipt from the service station as evidence. Collating regular feedbacks can help monitor the service stations and periodic rankings can help customers chose which service station to go to.
amitayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 13:12   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti asks dealers to focus on "Service" as car sales go down

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitayu View Post
What Maruti can do is organise official review of servicing Centers and start some kind of quality check and certification.
I know they insist on feedbacks, but do they collate all the feedbacks that they get? in any case, most of the time the feedback is given to the dealer who passes it on, and we all know how the service station employees plead you to give good reviews.
Maruti can start direct online feedback procedures where the customer can directly give a feedback with a copy of the receipt from the service station as evidence. Collating regular feedbacks can help monitor the service stations and periodic rankings can help customers chose which service station to go to.
Absolutely they do.
They have quasi-dealership reviews already, I say quasi because the program feels a bit unpolished. Every time I go for a service for my Maruti car I get a leaflet asking me to rate the service. The program exists and they do absolutely follow up on negative feedback but the program is far from perfect. If I give them anything less 9/10 I get a call from maruti asking me what was wrong. Their scoring system is flawed to the maximum.
I will give you my recent experience as an example, I wasn't satisfied with the wait time to pick up my vehicle which was serviced. I expected to wait no more than 20 or so minutes to receive my car upon arrival. I had to wait what was the better part of an hour and I mentioned that in the feedback form. I had a person from Maruti call me up the next day and I assured him the service was top notch just the wait time was ridiculous as a result of mismanagement on their part. A couple of days later the man from the service centre called me up asking me to change my feedback by offering me with free wax upon next visit. Which properly angered me but I did not express as nothing was wrong with the actual service.
Maruti do follow up on negative feedback very promptly but they must improve their marking system. On a side note, I will give them an earful the next time I visit them, for charging me for the wheel alignment that I request but did not actually do the job.
Maky is offline   Reply With Quote